Just Got back from PC Hell

Green Jets & Ham

Just my luck ... minutes before the big trade my PC Goes haywire

Had to order and install a new mother board, heat sink, sound card, speakers, sub-woofer, and then the final nail in the coffin, reinstall my operating system and all of my softwear {drivers, programs, etc} one by one

Needless to say the last two days have been a living hell

Anyway, right now she's purring like a kitten ... I can only hope it stays that way :eek:

So what did you guys think of the trade?

I think it was fair for both sides ... Jolley is only 26 Years old and he can play

Heath Miller, Vincent Jackson ... one is over-rated and the other is a WR who needs to make the transition to TE ... I actually feel much more secure that Jolley can contribute immediately and at worst be a nice player for the Jets

So now we have dismissed of TE as a need and we still have two 2nd RD Picks ... and the value from 25 to 60 is all fairly close this year, or at least that's the impression I have from the mock drafts I have done ... most of the players I had in RD 2 were darn good football players

Lastly, now that we have addressed TE and we don't have to feel pressured to reach for one in RD 2, we are a little more free to draft the BAP's ... should be some really nice CB's in RD 2 as well

Anyhow, those are my thoughts ... how did you guys feel about this deal?

I know it sucks to repeat yourself so don't feel obligated ... I can always read the other threads {which I haven't even glanced at yet because I just got back online} ... but if you feel like weighing in again, I would be much obliged

Thanks

YJF, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not... your last couple posts have blown up my sarcasm meter. :wink: :lol::lol:

I'm just being a jerk because I am ticked off at Jets fans and the Pats fans that would rather hang around here at point fingers than hang around with their bandwagon fans on Pats sites.

It doesn't shock me that Ham and Bitonti are ok with this trade. Most draft experts and fans in the know have given this deal a thumbs up.

It's not getting the kind of reaction that Jets fans on these boards are giving it. Most think that The Jets got themselves a pretty good young TE.

Just because someone doesn't see things my way. It doesn't mean that they are stupid. I'm just being a jerk because there is so much negativity, It becomes unbareable.

People are selling season tickets, They are threatening Bradway's life. Sometimes, I get so sick of my own kind. I get so sick of Jets fans.

Pats fans are the worst winners ever. They have very little class. They just hang around here riling up Jets fans and praying that something goes wrong for The Jets.

Can you guys please enjoy your superbowls and stop worrying about your rivals.

I like the trade, think we gave up little to gain potentially alot, especially much needed depth. Jolly is a huge upgrade over Becht and Baker (who will still get some time I think), and he is relatively affordable for the next three years.

I think the team has/had someone (or a small group of someones) targeted speficially that they felt they could still get at #47, but would have been a reach at #26. Hence the trade down without fear. And I am all for getting all the mid-to-low round picks you can. Lets you play the odds game much better, figuring you have better odds of finding at least one starter in those lower rounds.

I am, however, very dissapointed in the non-signing of Dyson. That loss very much limits our flexabillity on Saturday.

IMO The transformation of the Jets roster to one dominated by youth and speed and hunger continues, and this deal works towards that goal.

I hate the trade; completely hate it.

It wouldn't be as bad if it was #26 for Jolley and #38, but to hear that Bradway turned down the 38th pick in the draft in order to obtain two extra sixth rounder is mind blowing to me.

I also hate the fact that the Jets traded out of 26 without even seeing who was left on the board, and then Bradway says there's a possibility they could trade back into the first if a player they covet falls. I trust that Al Davis would have accepted this trade offer if the Jets called him up and made it after they'd been on the clock for 10 minutes. It was entirely possible that the Raiders were going to cut Jolley outright. Al Davis probably hasn't stopped laughing yet.

I'm too beat right now ... slept about four hours in the last two days {effin PC!!} ... but after I crash tonite, and come out of that coma tomorrow, I will submit a 2 RD Mock draft and Jet fans will feel a whole lot better when they see the type of players {plural} the Jets can easily walk off with in RD 2

Add that to a 26 Year old TE who can play, and the Jets will be well on their way to filling all of the holes that need filling

I'm too beat right now ... slept about four hours in the last two days {effin PC!!} ... but after I crash tonite, and come out of that coma tomorrow, I will submit a 2 RD Mock draft and Jet fans will feel a whole lot better when they see the type of players {plural} the Jets can easily walk off with in RD 2

And that to a 26 Year old TE who can play, and the Jets will be well on their way to filling all of the holes that need filling :wink:

Ham I am psyched to see a positive reaction out of you. I feared the WORST!

Your ratings will plummet.

Controversy is good.

Walking the straight and narrow is bad.

One of Ham's rants would have generated a thread as long as "The Raiders Got a SnowJob".

Your ratings will plummet.

Controversy is good.

Walking the straight and narrow is bad.

One of Ham's rants would have generated a thread as long as "The Raiders Got a SnowJob".

Yeah controversy is good for business. Good thing TomShane is so filled with hate and contempt. He will keep us all entertained for years.

I'm a hard guy to figure, Max ... sometimes you expect one thing and get the opposite 8)

Honest truth, I really like Doug Jolley as a player and I LOVE the fact that he's only 26 Years old

IMO Doug Jolley will be the best TE we have had since Micky Shuler ... sort of reminds of of Shuler ... similar type of player

Oh Yeah, and Jolley is just coming into his prime and now he will be playing for an OC who knows how to utilize the TE in the passing game ... so don't be shocked if Doug Jolley becomes a fan favorite around here ... this cat has the ability to win over his detractors in a hurry

You heard it here first :wink:

I think he will put up good numbers. Especially considering what we have gotten out of the TE position lately.

My biggest concern has to do with Chad and his ability to stay healthy. We might be looking at a decent downgrade at RT and TE in pass protection. I fear he may be in for a beating while everyone adjusts to the new offense.

Well Ham is backing me on the positive perception of the deal, so I'm sold that this deal will not be the demise of the Jets now.

My only wish was that we could have gotten the 38th pick. Dropping 12 spots to fill a hole isn't bad at all, dropping 21 spots is too drastic, considering there wasn't much urgency to make the deal.

Add that to a 26 Year old TE who can play, and the Jets will be well on their way to filling all of the holes that need filling

I like Jolley also and if we got the higher 2nd

rounder we wouldn't have got the 2 6th rd picks!

Hmmm 6th rounders..Joe Klecko and Tom Brady comes

to mind..Jason Glenn,Jeb Putzier,Tai Streets,

Matt Hasselbeck and Limo's Buddy Marko Cavka!And

as Brady might say both the Jets and I have Jolley

Tight Ends!! =D>

I'm just being a jerk because I am ticked off at Jets fans and the Pats fans that would rather hang around here at point fingers than hang around with their bandwagon fans on Pats sites.

It doesn't shock me that Ham and Bitonti are ok with this trade. Most draft experts and fans in the know have given this deal a thumbs up.

It's not getting the kind of reaction that Jets fans on these boards are giving it. Most think that The Jets got themselves a pretty good young TE.

Just because someone doesn't see things my way. It doesn't mean that they are stupid. I'm just being a jerk because there is so much negativity, It becomes unbareable.

People are selling season tickets, They are threatening Bradway's life. Sometimes, I get so sick of my own kind. I get so sick of Jets fans.

Pats fans are the worst winners ever. They have very little class. They just hang around here riling up Jets fans and praying that something goes wrong for The Jets.

you said it brother, I'm so glad that the only t hing i have in common with 99% of you is that we are jket fans but you are disgraceful disgusting human beings and are gonna burn in hell, i cant wait for the good lord to destroy this earth :shock:

Hey Look, It's a smart Jets fan.

Give it 20 minutes. He will be poisoned by the stupidity.

That's because "draft experts" are riverboat gamblers who believe they can turn every seventh round pick into a Hall of Famer, YJ. No offense to Ham or Bit, but EVERY draft expert right now SWEARS TO GOD they can get an All-Pro with every damned pick tin every damned mock draft that goes up. You tell them that you give them "more picks" and they'll take it every time. The reality of the situation is that Bradway is a retard who needs to be as high as he can get in the draft to make anything near a legitimate pick. And when the Jets spend those two seconds on a pair of scrubs who were ranked in the third/fourth because Bradway panics his ******* head off and you come in here and defend his sorry ass again, I want you to take a step back, look at Bradway's draft history and differentiate between reality and mock-draft fantasy land.

From the archives:

"All you idiots who want to make fun of "Peg-Leg" Boss Bailey will end up kissing my ass"

For the record Jolley I think will be a decent addition I just do not like how the trade came down- no Raider 38 pick in the second round. Also the timing - we should and could have waited for Sat to see how the board is stacking up - to see what players might fall to 26. Jolley was obviously not in Raider plans for coming year -the trade for him really had to made three days brfore the draft?

at first i hated the trade but the more and more i think about it the less and less i hate it and actually as of right now i think it was a decent trade especially after hearing that every team pretty much wants to trade down except the raiders and redskins. this pretty much means that you are not always going to get THE BEST deal to move down. too many other want to move down as well. i was more upset about having to watch another few hours of the draft without the jets doing anything than anything else. all in all, we got a good young tight end who can stretch the middle of the field and at 47 the player won't be that much worse than the one we were going to get at 26. plus we get a couple 6th rounders(not worth much to me, but some people do like extra late rounders)

so im definitely happier with the trade although im not ecstatic.

Nah, it's all good bro, I'm just bustin on ya. And, in a way, you're justified. It's just that it's a hard trade to judge, since there are alot of unknowns involved. I just think the Jets should have gotten more.

The one part I don't get-taking 2 6s(which history says will be roster fodder at best) instead of 38 over 47. 6s are practically free agents. Seems like most of the 6s and 7s stay on the Jets' roster over promising FAs only because they were draft picks. Point being, you can't expect much from a 6 or 7; why not get the higher 2nd rounder?

I still don't like the trade, although I am holding out hope that Bit, YJF, etc. are correct. There are a couple things I don't like about the trade.

First, I'd prefer the Jets held out for the 38 pick...even if it meant losing a 6 on the deal (maybe even both 6s if they kept the 7). At 38 there will probably be a few projected first rounders that unexpectedly slipped through, but not so likely at 47.

Second, according to the draft chart, the Jets value Jolley as a high third rounder. However, I don't think the Raiders valued him as much. He was their 3rd string TE who was disgruntled and seeking a trade. Those are the kind of situations most teams jump on to grab players on the cheap...not what the Jets did.

Third, I firmly believe this trade was made in the hope of signing Dyson. With a FA CB on board, this trade seems a bit more logical. Then the 2 2s could be used on Patterson, Bullocks, or even Nugent to start filling in depth and potential upgrades. Now the Jets HAVE to go CB with one the the 2s and they will be choosing from the 2nd/3rd tier of players. I think it would have made much more sense to wait until the Dyson signing to make a trade so there is a reasonable projection of the current roster holes.

As I said before, I pray I'm wrong on this and it all works out, but I've got a bad feeling about the way things have gone down the last couple of days.

Just my luck ... minutes before the big trade my PC Goes haywire

Had to order and install a new mother board, heat sink, sound card, speakers, sub-woofer, and then the final nail in the coffin, reinstall my operating system and all of my softwear {drivers, programs, etc} one by one

Needless to say the last two days have been a living hell

Anyway, right now she's purring like a kitten ... I can only hope it stays that way :eek:

So what did you guys think of the trade?

I think it was fair for both sides ... Jolley is only 26 Years old and he can play

Heath Miller, Vincent Jackson ... one is over-rated and the other is a WR who needs to make the transition to TE ... I actually feel much more secure that Jolley can contribute immediately and at worst be a nice player for the Jets

So now we have dismissed of TE as a need and we still have two 2nd RD Picks ... and the value from 25 to 60 is all fairly close this year, or at least that's the impression I have from the mock drafts I have done ... most of the players I had in RD 2 were darn good football players

Lastly, now that we have addressed TE and we don't have to feel pressured to reach for one in RD 2, we are a little more free to draft the BAP's ... should be some really nice CB's in RD 2 as well

Anyhow, those are my thoughts ... how did you guys feel about this deal?

I know it sucks to repeat yourself so don't feel obligated ... I can always read the other threads {which I haven't even glanced at yet because I just got back online} ... but if you feel like weighing in again, I would be much obliged

Thanks

agree,,,,, on other teams this would have been a dumb trade, but with the Jets and Penningtons style along with Dingers track record of TE down the field involvement this was a good move. Any pick in the 26th slot would have been a crapshoot with virtually no shot of being a major contibutor this year. we are a playoff team, we need a bonafide pass catching TE from game 1.

I like Jolley much more than Putzier especially when you consider the difference in price tag.Expect him to be a solid contributor this year vs Heath Miller who won't even be able to find the men's room.

Like how the whole TE thing turned out.

Ah, Ham is back!!!

You are the Norm to our Cheers. Good to hear someone else that is positive about this trade.

I myself, initially felt good about it. I trust the deal, because although Bradway wanted him a year ago, Heimerdinger must have signed off on it and approved of Jolley. He knows receivers. Offense.

What I did not like, and still bothers me, is the fact that Bradway could have had the #38 and passed for the two 6th rounders. I'd rather have the higher pick, than the additional ones, but this draft, although sparse of big names, has depth.

Terry must be confident that some good players will be available, and I agree. Guys like Luis Castillo, TA McClendon, Maurice Clarrett, etc could be had in round 6. No, they may not be great, but players will drop, and it's up to Terry, Heimerdinger and Henderson to find them.

That's because "draft experts" are riverboat gamblers who believe they can turn every seventh round pick into a Hall of Famer, YJ. No offense to Ham or Bit, but EVERY draft expert right now SWEARS TO GOD they can get an All-Pro with every damned pick in every damned mock draft that goes up. You tell them that you give them "more picks" and they'll take it every time.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

TS, that post cracked me up because there really is a huge element of truth to that ... and I cop to it 8)

Archived