Just Got back from PC Hell

Green Jets & Ham

I do agree with one criticism the detractors are expressing ... I also would have taken the higher 2 over the two 6's

Too me that was a no-brainer ... if that was really an option and Bradway opted for the 6's rather then gain 9 spots in RD 2, IMO that was a major blunder

IMO that choice took what could have been A HEIST and turned it into a FAIR DEAL

If Bradway had opted for that higher 2, I would be doing cartwheels over this trade ... as is I still LIKE the deal, but had we acquired that higher 2 I would have LOVED the deal

90 Receptions 970 Yards and 5 f***ing TOUCHDOWNS in 3 years, UGH!!! We fell 21 spots back from the first round for this????

Terry had the right idea but didn't practice it correctly. He tried to duplicate his McCareins deal, which I loved from day 1. Jolley is NO McCareins. He's a JAG and no way worth what we traded for.

Jolley prediction for 2005:

28 receptions 315 yards 2 touchdowns WOOO HOOO I can't wait!!

That's because "draft experts" are riverboat gamblers who believe they can turn every seventh round pick into a Hall of Famer, YJ. No offense to Ham or Bit, but EVERY draft expert right now SWEARS TO GOD they can get an All-Pro with every damned pick tin every damned mock draft that goes up. You tell them that you give them "more picks" and they'll take it every time. The reality of the situation is that Bradway is a retard who needs to be as high as he can get in the draft to make anything near a legitimate pick. And when the Jets spend those two seconds on a pair of scrubs who were ranked in the third/fourth because Bradway panics his farging head off and you come in here and defend his sorry a$$ again, I want you to take a step back, look at Bradway's draft history and differentiate between reality and mock-draft fantasy land.

quote]

Your point in people getting caught up in draft picks is a real good one.

That's why I like The Jolley trade. :wink:

I'd rather have the proven young player on The NFL level with upside than a draft pick.

You are a terrific poster and very intelligent, funny too. But you are The King of the cynics.

The problem, I have is that most people associate draft picks and signings with just The GM. That's not how it works in The NFL.

You have an entire scouting staff that scouts these players and they have input into everything. They do all the dirty work. Then you have an entire coaching staff that puts their two cents in. They ultimately tell The GM what type of players they need for their systems.

The Jets and Pats have the two biggest scouting staffs in The NFL. Most amount of scouts. There's alot of money and time put into this process.

The Jolley decision was a Jets decision not just a Bradway thing. It's Heimerdinger, It's the offensive staff and it's the scouting department. The scouting department of The Jets rated Doug Jolley over The TE's available in this draft.

I agree with their assesment on Doug Jolley. I think he's a perfect fit for us.

Now we will find out if they were wrong in the long term. I wasn't thrilled with this deal because I think they could have gotten a bit more.

But they didn't get ripped off. Just one opinion.

It wouldn't be as bad if it was #26 for Jolley and #38, but to hear that Bradway turned down the 38th pick in the draft in order to obtain two extra sixth rounder is mind blowing to me.

It took me a bit to calm down. I don't hate this trade. Compared to past Bradway blunders, this one's relatively mild. I agree with the above. The difference in value between the two #2's is far more than the sixth and a half they got with the lower one.

I think Jolley can be a good player, but I see him as more of a prospect at this point. A guy who in three years in the league, has not proven himself yet. A guy who still represents more upside than production. A player like that, to me, is not worth the early third round-level compensation we gave up for him.

The Raiders were anxious to rid themselves of Jolley and to get back into the first round. Seems to me that we should've gotten more out of them for our pick.

That said, I agree that the value in this draft is in the second round, and I'm happy to have two picks there. I would've preferred the Raiders' #2 and #3 for our #1 to this deal, though.

90 Receptions 970 Yards and 5 f***ing TOUCHDOWNS in 3 years, UGH!!! We fell 21 spots back from the first round for this????

Lag,

Don't forget that Bradway also cleverly negotiated two 6th round picks on top of the TE "production machine" that the Jets are getting. :wink:

Lag,

Don't forget that Bradway also cleverly negotiated two 6th round picks on top of the TE "production machine" that the Jets are getting. :wink:

Andy Kahtzenmoyer just called TX. He wants you guys to take Barrett Ruud at 32. He said and I quote.

"This guy reminds me of me".

Andy Kahtzenmoyer just called TX. He wants you guys to take Barrett Ruud at 32. He said and I quote.

"This guy reminds me of me".

OK, that was a pretty good one YJF. =D>=D>=D>

I hated the Katzenmoyer pick from the beginning (however the guy I wanted, Demitrius Underwood, didn't fare too well either :shock: ).

BTW, the Pats go with Ruud I'll be pissed off again. They have to go CB with this pick.

If someone told you at the end of the 2004 season that Bradway could turn the #26 and #57 picks into (realisticly):

Doug Jolly TE

Antajj Hawthorne DT

Brandon Browner CB

And Two Sixth Round Picks.

If anyone told us this could hapen at the end of last season, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US would be creaming into our panties, plain and simple.

Anyone who says otherwise is either a liar or a Pats Troll, plain and simple.

It took me a bit to calm down. I don't hate this trade. Compared to past Bradway blunders, this one's relatively mild. I agree with the above. The difference in value between the two #2's is far more than the sixth and a half they got with the lower one.

I think Jolley can be a good player, but I see him as more of a prospect at this point. A guy who in three years in the league, has not proven himself yet. A guy who still represents more upside than production. A player like that, to me, is not worth the early third round-level compensation we gave up for him.

The Raiders were anxious to rid themselves of Jolley and to get back into the first round. Seems to me that we should've gotten more out of them for our pick.

That said, I agree that the value in this draft is in the second round, and I'm happy to have two picks there. I would've preferred the Raiders' #2 and #3 for our #1 to this deal, though.

Totally agree. It's a bad trade because they didn't get enough. They got hosed (for the most part), because the Raiders were the desperate ones. They should have gotten, at the very least, like slats said, a second and a third.

Totally agree. It's a bad trade because they didn't get enough. They got hosed (for the most part), because the Raiders were the desperate ones. They should have gotten, at the very least, like slats said, a second and a third.

I totally agree with slats here. And this is even AFTER the great draft. Terry got away with this one. Here's why: he paid the Raiders what Jolley was worth to us, which, because we don't have any TE's, is alot, when we should have paid the Raiders what Jolley was worth to them, which was nada. Despite how it turned out, we still paid too much for the guy.

Archived