Rooting for the Dolphins

The Troll

If Miami beats Jacksonville, it could have big implications in the wild card race. The most obvious thing is that if we beat the Packers and the Phags beat the Jaguars, the Jets will be one game up on Jacksonville. The less obvious thing is that if the Dolphins keep winning and the three teams finish tied for the final wild card spot, the tiebreaker would be whoever has the best conference record, which would make our loss to the Jaguars null and void.

The current in-conference records of the teams:

NYJ 5-4

MIA 2-5

JAX 3-4

If Miami beats Jacksonville, that puts us on the inside track for the last wild card should KC or Denver falter down the stretch. The Jets can afford a loss to Green Bay or Minnesota...what they can't afford is a loss to Oakland, Miami, or Buffalo. So, as long as Jacksonville remains on our ass, go Dolphins, as sick as that is.

If Miami beats Jacksonville, it could have big implications in the wild card race. The most obvious thing is that if we beat the Packers and the Phags beat the Jaguars, the Jets will be one game up on Jacksonville. The less obvious thing is that if the Dolphins keep winning and the three teams finish tied for the final wild card spot, the tiebreaker would be whoever has the best conference record, which would make our loss to the Jaguars null and void.

The current in-conference records of the teams:

NYJ 5-4

MIA 2-5

JAX 3-4

If Miami beats Jacksonville, that puts us on the inside track for the last wild card should KC or Denver falter down the stretch. The Jets can afford a loss to Green Bay or Minnesota...what they can't afford is a loss to Oakland, Miami, or Buffalo. So, as long as Jacksonville remains on our ass, go Dolphins, as sick as that is.

hey Troll serious question here-who IS your favorite team anyway?

Yeah, either way a Jags win or a Fags win it pisses me off and makes me happy at the same time but if I had to choose which to root for on Sunday I'd go for Miami because of the reasons Troll listed above.

Miami has a weak AFC record, we hold the tiebreaker over them and Miami eventually will lose with New England & Indianapolis left on the schedule, those should be L's #7 & 8.

I have to root for Miami this week but

Jaguars have Colts next week so I think either team winning as long as we win it will work out for us. Then the following week you have a interesting dilemma Pats play Dolphins.

I have to root for Miami this week but

Jaguars have Colts next week so I think either team winning as long as we win it will work out for us. Then the following week you have a interesting dilemma Pats play Dolphins.

Exactly.

Next week is Miami / New England and Indianapolis / Jacksonville along with Jets / Bills.

IF we take care of business on Sunday against Green Bay and next Sunday against Buffalo, Jacksonville will at least have 6 L's while we'll have 5 and Miami will have at least 7 L's.

SO, like I said before, these next 2 games are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

Winning 3 in a row to go 8-5 is key and if we do that, we have one hell of a shot, especially with a Baltimore win tonight... we need that big, even with Cincy playing Indy & Denver later on in the season.

Why worry about rooting for other teams? Let's just win out. The Jags are going to lose sometime again this season, so it's not a problem. The Broncos, Jags and even the Chiefs I think all have hard schedules. The Bengals have the hardest, they're pretty much playing a playoff game every other week. We have the easiest. No more excuses. No more backing into the playoffs. Win and we're in should be the new philosophy. Rooting for other teams to win ended with the Herm era, and even Herm didn't root this early, at least he waited until the final week or 2. I'm ashamed at my fellow Jets fans right now.

Don't forget that you owe thanks to the Pats for beating the Phins back in 2002 so that you guys could win the division on that 3-way tiebreaker.

124: Garb & I are not closet Jets fans. We are just nice, thoughtful people who get tickets for Jets fans!

Don't forget that you owe thanks to the Pats for beating the Phins back in 2002 so that you guys could win the division on that 3-way tiebreaker.

124: Garb & I are not closet Jets fans. We are just nice, thoughtful people who get tickets for Jets fans!

Owe nothing, Pats are still in debt to the Jets for the service Mo Lewis paid them.

Archived