6th round selections equate to "dead" players

afosomf

This now gives the Jets three 6's ... in order for Bradway to come out a big winner in this trade and justify his opting for the additional 6's, he now has to find a QUALITY STARTER in RD 6

ham - isn't that only the case if the 47 is a bust? the choice was 38 or 47 + 2 6th's. if 47 gets a corner, dt, or s that contributes this year and 2 of the 3 6's make the team and contribute as roll players or special teamers i think the trade works out pretty well.

TB struck gold last year with trevor johnson, coleman, and strait - all were on the field against pitt in the playoffs. that was 3,5,7 rd'ers.

At the risk of sounding arrogant, I don't care what the odds are ... you give ME three 6's to play with and I am hitting on one future starter with three swings

And if you think I'm lying I'll prove it ... I'll take that challenge ... when the draft has ended remind me to list three players I would have drafted in RD 6 {who were still on the board for the Jets in each spot}, and see if I don't nail one future starter :wink:

Fair enough.

You've always been a glass half "full" guy anyway. :wink:

All I am saying is the odds are very strongly against Bradway (and you) of finding a starter in the 6th.

darrel mcclover was a 7th as well. but the point is, bradway preferred two 6th rounders over the 38th pick. to bank on 6 rounders making the team is fool's gold. banking on those same 6th rounders being real contributors is arrogance on the part of bradway. he should have taken the 38th pick. period.

actually the deal was Jolley and 38 or Jolley and 47 plus the 6's we'll see if there is a big slip between 38 and 47 in less than 24

2000 had a stunning success rate in the 6th round: Tom Brady, Marc Bulger, Mike Anderson, Dhani Jones, Mario Edwards, Jeno James, and Adalius Thomas all went in the 6th round that year. That might be the most impressive 6th round haul in a long, long, long time.

That was in 39 picks. Throw in Putzier, Bailey, and Cedrick Wilson and the '01 and '02 drafts.

So we have 115 draft picks and by my count 10 solid hits.

That's an 8.7% success rate, and I think that number is skewed pretty high by the sensational 6th round of 2000.

let a fool talk long enough and they show their ass

so we are judging last year's draft picks and teh previous year already?????????

Seems eveyone is pissed mosly because we chose the #47 and Twin 6's over the #38 alone.

And that begs just one question, as I see it:

Who is so great AND available at #38 that won't be available (or have equal talent available) at #47??

If you tell me there is some killer player at #38 that will be gone by #47, and no one else is close talent wise, then you might have a point. Personally, I just don't see it.

And talk sh*te all you like about 6's, but THAT is where your depth comes from, and deep teams are winning teams.

Archived