What the Mets #1 Problem has been?

Latinlawyer

If you examine the Mets, the only thing stopping this team from doing better is....(drum roll please).....WALKS! The Mets Pitchers are giving up an inordinate amount of walks. If you look at the stats, you will see that hitters are hitting .238 against mets pitching. Now if you factor in walks, the OBP for the opposition is way over .300. SO if the Mets pitchers can cut down the walks, we will be in great shape. Additionally, we are batting .260 and we have the second most HR's in the league...I think the Beltran signing is affecting this team in a positive way. Lastly, I would argue that we should Keep Diaz in the lineup..the guy has been a monster!

LL

Positives :Minkie's hitting

Diaz's Hitting

Pedro's Pitching

Reyes' aggression

Negatives: Middle relief

Glavine's pitching

The walks given up

If you examine the Mets, the only thing stopping this team from doing better is....(drum roll please).....WALKS! The Mets Pitchers are giving up an inordinate amount of walks. If you look at the stats, you will see that hitters are hitting .238 against mets pitching. Now if you factor in walks, the OBP for the opposition is way over .300. SO if the Mets pitchers can cut down the walks, we will be in great shape. Additionally, we are batting .260 and we have the secong most HR's in the league...I think the Beltran signing is affecting this team in a positive way. Lastly, I would argue that we should Keep Diaz in the lineup..the guy has been a monster!

LL

Control problems from the pitching staff was to be expected going into the season. Zambrano's control has always been suspect, Glavine is pressing to make the "perfect pitch", Ishii is nothing special, Heilman sucks, and Benson and Pedro, while the best of the group, of course, rely on stuff more than control as well.

Archived