Jets Place Dwight on IR; MERGED

JetNation

The New York Jets placed Tim Dwight on injured reserve Saturday. Rookie wide receiver Wallace Wright was activated by the club and will be with the team when the Jets face the Green Bay Packers Sunday at Lambeau Field.Dwight, a nine-year veteran from Iowa, started twice this season on offense and was fourth on the team with 16 receptions. He was the Green & White's prim...

More...

Didn't see this posted.

-----------------------

Jets placed WR Tim Dwight on injured reserve, ending his season.

Dwight, who was featured in a New York Post column Saturday morning, couldn't shake an early-season thigh injury and recently injured his foot. He finishes the year with 16 catches for 112 yards. Wallace Wright was signed from the practice squad and Justin McCareins will return punts.

Didn't see this posted.

-----------------------

Dwight, who was featured in a New York Post column Saturday morning, couldn't shake an early-season thigh injury and recently injured his foot. He finishes the year with 16 catches for 112 yards. Wallace Wright was signed from the practice squad and Justin McCareins will return punts.

:character42:

Looks like McCariens will also get another shot as the #3 WR. Lets see if he gets the ball at all this Sunday.

Tough break for Dwight though.

I'm expecting some very decent things from WW. This guy played great in tc, and he can make some explosive plays. They may work him in slowly, or maybe they'll put in a package for him, but I am rooting for him to take this opportunity and show he can stick with the varsity for good.

Good luck WW

Whomever said they should Miller in as the PR:eek: Wow. Did you see him back there last season? I think he fumbled about 5 times, maybe 3 or 4, but it was in the first few games. No thanks, I'd rather put Leon Washington back there than anybody else but I'll take anyone over Miller on Punt Returns.

I'm expecting some very decent things from WW. This guy played great in tc, and he can make some explosive plays. They may work him in slowly, or maybe they'll put in a package for him, but I am rooting for him to take this opportunity and show he can stick with the varsity for good.

Good luck WW

I'm trying to remember back to some of those reports JC-if I knew how to do a search or if I had a premium membership maybe I could find them

Good luck WW

JC, I know you were at TC a lot this summer. I distinctly remember a wr that consitently made plays and showed very good hands throughout all of camp but his name was not WW. Who was that guy (I don't think it was Ridgeway, it was the other one)?

Whomever said they should Miller in as the PR:eek: Wow. Did you see him back there last season? I think he fumbled about 5 times, maybe 3 or 4, but it was in the first few games. No thanks, I'd rather put Leon Washington back there than anybody else but I'll take anyone over Miller on Punt Returns.

Agreed...I just want somebody back there who has sure hands..I really miss leon Johnson..he was like Willie Mays in centerfield back there..

Miller cost us 2 games last year just because he couldn't CATCH a punt

Didn't see this posted.

-----------------------

Dwight, who was featured in a New York Post column Saturday morning, couldn't shake an early-season thigh injury and recently injured his foot....

I knew about the thigh, but didn't hear about the foot. I don't often read "injury" reports since Mangini's been our HC. A lot of smoke, usually. We'll see what McTradebait does tomorrow.

Agreed...I just want somebody back there who has sure hands..I really miss leon Johnson..he was like Willie Mays in centerfield back there..

Miller cost us 2 games last year just because he couldn't CATCH a punt

Leon "The Natural" Johnson. Remember Aaron Glenn back there? What was up with THAT? Or I should say, what was up with him with that? Anyway, I think the moral of the story is that it looks far easier than it is; but still, if that's your assignment, well, do it then. And do it right. 99 times out of 100.

Justin Miller, who fumbled a FAIR CATCH last year, costing us a turnover made TD. I almost chewed off my own arm. Then again, even recidivists deserve 45 chances, so why not him? Only not now.

It's about time this team had another TarHeel on the roster.

Last one I can remember is Leon Johnson.

Zack Hilton for a few hours this year, too. I'm pullin' for the new Heel in town - Welcome to the NFL, Wallace Wright! Hey, heelz - you think he was giving Cotchery crap about the Carolina-State game this year. :)

Hey, heelz - you think he was giving Cotchery crap about the Carolina-State game this year. :)

He had better be!! Just because they are both in the green and white doesn't mean he can't talk some smack. Tarheel born, tarheel bred..when you die a tarheel dead!!

Wow! I'm sorry to see that he was IR-ed.

I really like Tim Dwight, but he hasn't exactly "wowed" me on punt returns this year. He has done a good job, probably above average, still I expected more based on not only his talent, but the Westhoff factor as well.

McCareins on PR? Interesting. Wasn't he special teams player of the week? Maybe Westhoff likes him. Should be interesting to watch.

As far as third receiver, nothing against Dwight, because he sometimes reminds me of Chrebet (build, toughness, et.al,) ...but I would like to see more McCareins and Brad Smith.

JC, I know you were at TC a lot this summer. I distinctly remember a wr that consitently made plays and showed very good hands throughout all of camp but his name was not WW. Who was that guy (I don't think it was Ridgeway, it was the other one)?

I think you're thinking of Reggie Newhouse.

McCareins on PR? Interesting. Wasn't he special teams player of the week? Maybe Westhoff likes him. Should be interesting to watch.

Lady J - Justin has about 90 PR's in his career and would be about middle of the pack in return yards with a 9.3 avg. He's not a great bet to break many loose, but he's been pretty sure handed in that role at Tennessee and even here in 04/05.

Archived