RUMOR (Jets trading back into the 1st rd)?--with a LINK!

Barton

He is still hurting physically so he is a risk. Agreed if healthy there will be many teams knocking on his door. But with the cap being what it is...you just don't want to risk tying up money in someone if there are question marks.

Exactly.

And as time goes on Law's big pay day keeps dwindling.

After the draft, teams will start to focus signing the players they selected, thus chewing up more cap space.

I still think he ends up in Pittsburgh, but now that Bradway pulled his usual clusterfu@k and let Dyson slip through, the Jets are in the running as well.

Think Ty's pissed he didn't sign the Pats 4-year, $26 mil offer last year? #-o

There is absolutely NO NEED for Bradway to trade up at this stage:

He can very realisticly get DT A. Hawthorne at #47 and CB Brandon Browner at #57.

That means that the GM so many here despise turned our #1 (#26) and #2 (#57) picks into:

--Anttaj Hawthorne DT - Likely Starter by 2006/Contibutor in 2005

--Brandon Browner CB -- Likely Starter by 2006/#3 CB in 2005 (behind Strait and Barrett).

--Doug Jolly TE - Immediate Starter in 2005

.....and two Depth Picks/Projects in Round #6!!!

If you told me a GM could turn two picks into three starters and two depth players, I for one would be happy. I am still utterly shocked so many here are not.

this rumor is pure cack

It really is.

And, it would be really stupid if this rumor did get out. And, if the rumor is true, how does this make the Jets look? Nothing but an amateur front office.

Might as well stay put and take the two picks in the second round.

The act of a desperate man...

It really is.

And, it would be really stupid if this rumor did get out. And, if the rumor is true, how does this make the Jets look? Nothing but an amateur front office.

Might as well stay put and take the two picks in the second round.

The act of a desperate man...

This??? Too late SS. :lol:

Bradway was counting on Andre Dyson signing with the Jets to fill their need at cornerback or at least let the Jets look at other positions on Day 1 instead of corner.

Because Dyson did not sign with the Jets, reports are going around that Bradway is DESPERATE for a corner and is looking to trade up for a corner, possibly in the middle of the 1st rd.

if he made the jolley trade assuming dyson was a done deal, he's a bigger dope than i thought. how many times do FA's have to bail on him?!? i mean the b*lls on this guy!! you better hit a homerun tomorrow...dope.

Archived