THE BEST TEAM IN NEW YORK IS 7-5

madmike1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you really that stupid when it comes to football?

First you say PennyBoy is a better QB than McNabb, and now you think Baker is a better TE than Shockey?

Dumbass.

Might not be better, but at this point would you rather have Shockey and his mouth or Baker? Shockey is a cancer.

Might not be better, but at this point would you rather have Shockey and his mouth or Baker? Shockey is a cancer.

Hard to tell if Shockey is a cancer or Caughlin has just totally lost control of the Giants. Tiki has acted like a cancer this year and he is one of the class acts in the league. The Giants appear to have zero descipline and several players are doing incredible stupid things on a regular basis. I think Shockey clearly is a little over the top but the guy is a serious talent and plays very hard. I think the Giants have a major issue with the coaching staff and that's the cancer on that team.

Hard to tell if Shockey is a cancer or Caughlin has just totally lost control of the Giants. Tiki has acted like a cancer this year and he is one of the class acts in the league. The Giants appear to have zero descipline and several players are doing incredible stupid things on a regular basis. I think Shockey clearly is a little over the top but the guy is a serious talent and plays very hard. I think the Giants have a major issue with the coaching staff and that's the cancer on that team.

I agree.

People thought bringing Dillon to New England was bad because he complained. He did not complain about money, but not winning. Shockey is similar. A had working, talented player that wants to win. Shocker.

I agree.

People thought bringing Dillon to New England was bad because he complained. He did not complain about money, but not winning. Shockey is similar. A had working, talented player that wants to win. Shocker.

Shockey is a classless punk that needs to shut his damn mouth and play football. In 5 years or so he'll grow up and then he'll be like Dillon. I'm no Dillon fan, but comparing Shockey to Dillon is an insult to Dillon.

I agree.

You cant compare Shockey to Dillon...Dillon has kept his mouth shut because he has become a TEAM FIRST GUY...Shockey is a ME ME DIP****..

Shockey is a classless punk that needs to shut his damn mouth and play football. In 5 years or so he'll grow up and then he'll be like Dillon. I'm no Dillon fan, but comparing Shockey to Dillon is an insult to Dillon.

So what, the biggest classeless punk that has every played in NY since I've been watching football is Mark Gastineua. He was a real fan favorite.

So what, the biggest classeless punk that has every played in NY since I've been watching football is Mark Gastineua. He was a real fan favorite.

He produced with tons of sacks..what has Shockey done???

He has a very big mouth and he's overrated..Gastineau was an ass..but most of the time did not say anything inflammatory until the strike of 87

You cant compare Shockey to Dillon...Dillon has kept his mouth shut because he has become a TEAM FIRST GUY...Shockey is a ME ME DIP****..

No doubt Shockey has been a complete jerk off since he came into the league. However, unlike a lot of complete jerk offs with talent who eventually settle down, the Giants are a team that doesn't believe in the staff at all. For a guy who wants to win, it's hard to tell if he is still the young jerk off he was or if he really is a team leader who is frustrated by the incompetence of management? Sometimes it's tough to tell.

He has a very big mouth and he's overrated..Gastineau was an ass..but most of the time did not say anything inflammatory until the strike of 87

He produced on steriods and than self destructed in the big show.

Shockey is one of the top 5 tight ends in football. He may be over rated but he is still real good.

And that is what everyone was saying about Dillon.

With Dillon, it was purely about winning. The supposed cancer only complained when the team was struggling.

I know Shockey has had other antics, but a player that is griping about winning is not a bad thing.

No doubt Shockey has been a complete jerk off since he came into the league. However, unlike a lot of complete jerk offs with talent who eventually settle down, the Giants are a team that doesn't believe in the staff at all. For a guy who wants to win, it's hard to tell if he is still the young jerk off he was or if he really is a team leader who is frustrated by the incompetence of management? Sometimes it's tough to tell.

Just like Fassell..Coughlin is being labeled the scapegoat by morons like Strahan Shockey and Burress...when he first came on he tried to be hard on them and they started whining like baby's..so he laid off...

These guys act like they have won the Super Bowl before..these 3 asshats must go..they are ruining that team

He produced on steriods and than self destructed in the big show.

Shockey is one of the top 5 tight ends in football. He may be over rated but he is still real good.

I call bull****..he is hurt most of the time and drops way too many passes..no way he is in the top 5..

That prick was an embarrassment to the organization. I hated that guy.

And that is what everyone was saying about Dillon.

With Dillon, it was purely about winning. The supposed cancer only complained when the team was struggling.

I know Shockey has had other antics, but a player that is griping about winning is not a bad thing.

The key with Shockey is the other antics. I know he wants to win, and griping about that is fine, but the other crap trumps that in my mind. Give'm 5 years and he might end up like Dillon, though.

You're definitely right. I think if the Giants end up missing the playoffs Coughlin is done there. He has clearly lost this team.

The key with Shockey is the other antics. I know he wants to win, and griping about that is fine, but the other crap trumps that in my mind. Give'm 5 years and he might end up like Dillon, though.

In a Patriots uniform?

We already have 23 TEs signed through 2018. ;-)

Shockey's career may be over in 5 years..

Shockey HASN'T done anything to warrant being shown every 5 minutes on the sidelines acting like an out of control idiot.He's a me-first guy that would NEVER EVER be a Mangini and Tannenbaum run Jet.Anybody else happen to notice we have none of the long haired players here that you can't even read their names on the back of the jerseys?Maybe it's me,but I like that about the Jets...

Shockey HASN'T done anything to warrant being shown every 5 minutes on the sidelines acting like an out of control idiot.He's a me-first guy that would NEVER EVER be a Mangini and Tannenbaum run Jet.Anybody else happen to notice we have none of the long haired players here that you can't even read their names on the back of the jerseys?Maybe it's me,but I like that about the Jets...

I hate the Giants so much..mostly because of their actions ON AND OFF THE FIELD..they are unprofessional asshats..

You are exactly right..the Jets act like professionals on and off the field..they actually make me proud..teams that act like professionals are few and far between these days..

I call bull****..he is hurt most of the time and drops way too many passes..no way he is in the top 5..

That was a very cogent argument. The guy has missed 9 games in 5 years, averages about 60 catches a year, 11.7 YPC average and just under 50 yards recieving per game. He's top 5, get over it. We haven't had a TE as good as Shockey on the Jets since, ever. Mickey Shuler averaged a little over 28 yards recieving per game and missed more games than Shockey in his first 5 years in the league.

That was a very cogent argument. The guy has missed 9 games in 5 years, averages about 60 catches a year, 11.7 YPC average and just under 50 yards recieving per game. He's top 5, get over it. We haven't had a TE as good as Shockey on the Jets since, ever. Mickey Shuler averaged a little over 28 yards recieving per game and missed more games than Shockey in his first 5 years in the league.

Stats..stats..stats..are overrated..get over the statistical mantra with him..stats are not everything..how many TD passes has he dropped???

How many boneheaded plays has he made???do those stats count???

Sorry for the bull**** remark Winston;)

Stats..stats..stats..are overrated..get over the statistical mantra with him..stats are not everything..how many TD passes has he dropped???

which is what way too many fans get caught up in I'm afraid in the era of fantasy football-I think it's more of a problem than I ever thought it could be on the boards.

How many have Baker and Becht dropped? The guy is consistently double covered and I still challenge you to name 6 better right now.

which is what way too many fans get caught up in I'm afraid in the era of fantasy football-I think it's more of a problem than I ever thought it could be on the boards.

I don't know what fantasy football is and don't care. I watch the Jets and the Giants practically every week going back to 1965. Shockey is one of a handfull of stretch the field TE in the league. He drops balls occassionally but he stretches Defenses and plays hard on almost every play. He blocks in the running game and yesterday against the Cowboys he was one of the best players on the field. He consistently got open and consistently created a target for the QB and shielded the defender in the red zone from the QB.

I don't know what fantasy football is and don't care. I watch the Jets and the Giants practically every week going back to 1965. Shockey is one of a handfull of stretch the field TE in the league. He drops balls occassionally but he stretches Defenses and plays hard on almost every play. He blocks in the running game and yesterday against the Cowboys he was one of the best players on the field. He consistently got open and consistently created a target for the QB and shielded the defender in the red zone from the QB.

Biggs I am mostly commenting on the QB position not TE...it's much more objective when it comes to rating a QB than it is a TE-I would think,because I,like you am an old school guy and have no clue how FF works

Much like the patsys are 2nd fiddle to the Red Sox and the Celtics and the Bruins.

:lies:

That is just plain stupid.

Jets are and will always be second fiddle to the Giants.

The Patriots are second fiddle, but RSN might not want to admit it, but the gap is closer then they think. Do the Celtics and Bruins even play in Boston? BC's men and women's BB and hockey teams are probably more popular then the Celtics and Bruins.

:lies:

That is just plain stupid.

Jets are and will always be second fiddle to the Giants.

The Patriots are second fiddle, but RSN might not want to admit it, but the gap is closer then they think. Do the Celtics and Bruins even play in Boston? BC's men and women's BB and hockey teams are probably more popular then the Celtics and Bruins.

The Patsys are on the tail end of a dynasty. They aren't getting any more popular and when they become just another football team they will sink farther and farther into obscurity.

As far as us playing 2nd fiddle to the Giants i coule care less about it. The JETS are the better franchise in new york and will be for the near and far future.

Archived