Ok, I am calling it right now!

joebabyny

Although a great showman, salesman, money maker, blah blah blah

Joe Namath=MOST OVERRATED QB EVER

DW10,

Weren't you the guy who was claiming last week the the Dolphins were the best team in football and that you weren't even kidding? I am guessing that this makes you something of a subject matter expert on all things "most overrated" perhaps.

Hrrm... How does that work exactly? Is it the Best team in football EXCEPT for the Jaguars this week?

By the way, did you guys start to mail it in yet? How are those geriatrics, Thomas and Taylor doing? Did Zack get any slower? I know your coach ("In Saban we trust") is making a visit out of town this week (Alabama is it?). I hope things go well for him there. I do hope your team puts forth a good effort against the Pastries this week.

"Go Phins!" <puke, puke.... man that was nasty!>

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm glad you were around for that game 27.

And trust me, I know how defense was played in those days. Sending a WR across the middle was pure suicide.

And the QB's back then didn't wear skirts either.

But in my opinion, the reason the Jets won that day was how Boozer and Snell pounded the football. The OLine was tremendous that day.

The Jets physically manhandled the Colts that day on both sides of the football, and that was soemthing the pundits said couldn not possibly happen.

Namath gets a lot of credit for that game, but he was very average that day. A great performance by the Oline and RB's won Super Bowl III for the Jets, not Joe Namath.

TX..you are partly correct, if it wasn't for the Colts respecting Nameth's leadership, pure ****yness, arm strength, passing capability and ability to read defenses, there would not have been a running game. In addition, The colts defense was an all-time defense...probably better than the steel curtain and just a notch below the Packers. Snell and Boozer...funny you say that, Snell and Boozer actual came to my school after the victory (they you doing a NYC visit the school month in Late Jan/early Feb. what a sight bthat was). However, they were only slightly better than average. Together they were great. That's exactly what made this team so great...(except for Nameth) individually they were all average or slightly above average, but as a unit, and unified team...they could not be beat.

marino=0 rings

namath=1 ring

any questions

Guys, to be honest, if we had gotten Marino (remember we passed on him for O'Brian) I believe with the defense we had in the 80's and Marino throwing the ball) we would have at a minimum one 1 more SB!!!! Not a knock on KennyO, just like Marino much much better.

You can't compare Marino and Nameth, like comparing wine to Champagn. Both are good, but one goes the extra mile.......

I don't get it. I've always likened Jets fans to Sox fans. A tortured fan base. Even with a World Series Championship in their life time - most Sox fans are always waiting for the other shoe to drop. That is why I find this confidence thing perplexing. Hasn't history made you all a littel gun-shy? Don't you think this wishful thinking could jinx the team? I would. But that's me. And then, the thread gets bombarded with half-naked pics of a girl I rather doubt any of you would introduce to your mother. Although I doubt that's what any of you have in mind....no offense Joe.

Man, proof positive that whatever inroads woman make as legitimate football fans, it's still a man's domain.

What is the life expectancy in Texas exactly?

That depends.

If you are lucky enough to live in an elevated (14 inch cinder blocks) double-wide, versus a low-rider (less than 3 inch cinder blocks) single-wide, then you life expectancy is 2 months longer.

I gotta find me some of the 14 inchers.

I don't get it. I've always likened Jets fans to Sox fans. A tortured fan base. Even with a World Series Championship in their life time - most Sox fans are always waiting for the other shoe to drop. That is why I find this confidence thing perplexing. Hasn't history made you all a littel gun-shy? Don't you think this wishful thinking could jinx the team? I would. But that's me. And then, the thread gets bombarded with half-naked pics of a girl I rather doubt any of you would introduce to your mother. Although I doubt that's what any of you have in mind....no offense Joe.

Man, proof positive that whatever inroads woman make as legitimate football fans, it's still a man's domain.

Time for that Judge Judy avatar again.

That depends.

If you are lucky enough to live in an elevated (14 inch cinder blocks) double-wide, versus a low-rider (less than 3 inch cinder blocks) single-wide, then you life expectancy is 2 months longer.

I gotta find me some of the 14 inchers.[/quote]

thats what Brady said

Guys, to be honest, if we had gotten Marino (remember we passed on him for O'Brian) I believe with the defense we had in the 80's and Marino throwing the ball) we would have at a minimum one 1 more SB!!!! Not a knock on KennyO, just like Marino much much better.

You can't compare Marino and Nameth, like comparing wine to Champagn. Both are good, but one goes the extra mile.......

marino was great and so is manning but at the end of the day which would you prefer great stats or a championship.i"ll take the second one...

That is why I find this confidence thing perplexing. Hasn't history made you all a littel gun-shy?

garb is it......wouldnt you be happy if you team was supposed to have the first pick in next years draft and all of a sudden you in the playoff hunt...fuk history i am all about the present..and if the redsox can do it why not us...

NM-06-06.jpg

Tell me I'm wrong. Some woman get "respect" as football fans, but sometimes I think you all mostly "tolerate" us.

Garb, if the knowledge base is tinged with an aspect of opinion, and the observations are keen and with interest, I don't care if it is a mule that is posting.

My wife is an avid football fan. She could probably hold a candle to 50% of the posters here. Her's is a unique perspective. I think that is all anyone wants.

If I were to read your posts and not know whether you were male or female and regard them with interest and insight, and then later find out that you were a female and hold that against you, well that would be a severe problem on my part.

I don't think that is the case here, and I feel you know that based on a lot of teh comments you get, beside the usual kidding.

I really hope you believe that.

Garb, if the knowledge base is tinged with an aspect of opinion, and the observations are keen and with interest, I don't care if it is a mule that is posting.

My wife is an avid football fan. She could probably hold a candle to 50% of the posters here. Her's is a unique perspective. I think that is all anyone wants.

If I were to read your posts and not know whether you were male or female and regard them with interest and insight, and then later find out that you were a female and hold that against you, well that would be a severe problem on my part.

I don't think that is the case here, and I feel you know that based on a lot of teh comments you get, beside the usual kidding.

I really hope you believe that.

For most of the posters here - yes. I'll tell you though - it's harder for a woman. When I first started posting at JI, for about six months or so, people thought I was male. As soon as I was "outed" - I did get a lot of crap. Someone even suggested that my boyfriend must be coaching me. Or the "what are you wearing" comment to disarm me somehow. I mean really, what am I wearing? My avatar is of a ten year old! LOL! Anyway, I stuck to it and my gender isn't that much of an issue. That and the fact I can take a lot of sh*t. :)

So back on topic. Could the Jets win the SB? Anything is possible - but I doubt it. I can't see anyone beating SD right now. Yah, Buffalo had 'em in a corner, but I rather doubt they brought their a-game last week, you know? The Jets can beat the Pats - obviously. The Pats could beat the Jets, obviously. Both teams can beat Indy - I beleive that. Baltimore should scare no one. Denver is fading (what was Shanahan thinking?) KC with Herm? Nahhhhh..... Cincy - interesting team. Complete disfunction internally, but with Palmer, Johnson and Johnson - the O should be fine. They could get lucky. I say SD makes it to the AFC Champ game easy. Who they meet is up for grabs.

For most of the posters here - yes. I'll tell you though - it's harder for a woman. When I first started posting at JI, for about six months or so, people thought I was male. As soon as I was "outed" - I did get a lot of crap. Someone even suggested that my boyfriend must be coaching me. Or the "what are you wearing" comment to disarm me somehow. I mean really, what am I wearing? My avatar is of a ten year old! LOL! Anyway, I stuck to it and my gender isn't that much of an issue. That and the fact I can take a lot of sh*t. :)

So back on topic. Could the Jets win the SB? Anything is possible - but I doubt it. I can't see anyone beating SD right now. Yah, Buffalo had 'em in a corner, but I rather doubt they brought their a-game last week, you know? The Jets can beat the Pats - obviously. The Pats could beat the Jets, obviously. Both teams can beat Indy - I beleive that. Baltimore should scare no one. Denver is fading (what was Shanahan thinking?) KC with Herm? Nahhhhh..... Cincy - interesting team. Complete disfunction internally, but with Palmer, Johnson and Johnson - the O should be fine. They could get lucky. I say SD makes it to the AFC Champ game easy. Who they meet is up for grabs.

Garb --

This is not an insult. Being serious.

Reading that post, you are more of a man than Tx will ever be. Good post. Honest, sincere. The rest could learn a lot from you.

I think you're the cream of the crop (men or women). I heart Garb.:P

I have a suspicion that this years AFC Champ game will be determined by a bogus call (yah, I know, Pats fan - tuck rule, blah, blah, blah). But seriously, I have seen more phantom defensive holding, PI and rougher the passer calls this year than ever before. Heck, last week the Lions got an extra time out. Last year's AFC Champ game was a crime. Kudos for Pitt to overcoming such bull - and that's coming from a person who dislikes the Steelers immensely. I'll tell you this, the idea of Indy getting to the the SB makes me puke. I think I'd rather see the Jets there - gag me. Indy does not deserve it. Not with that HC and that defense. Nope.

i wasnt on this site for long and didnt know you where a female because of your knowlegde of football but now that i know i have to say you know your football!!!!

and you wont hear stupid sexual things from me unless you ask...lol j/k

I have a suspicion that this years AFC Champ game will be determined by a bogus call (yah, I know, Pats fan - tuck rule, blah, blah, blah). But seriously, I have seen more phantom defensive holding, PI and rougher the passer calls this year than ever before. Heck, last week the Lions got an extra time out. Last year's AFC Champ game was a crime. Kudos for Pitt to overcoming such bull - and that's coming from a person who dislikes the Steelers immensely. I'll tell you this, the idea of Indy getting to the the SB makes me puke. I think I'd rather see the Jets there - gag me. Indy does not deserve it. Not with that HC and that defense. Nope.

It is an over used phrase, but this league is filled with parity, the likes that it has never seen. It is at an epic scale this year.

There is not even that one dominant team. You mentioned SD, and I tend to think they are the one above the breach, but you look at Marty in the playoffs and his tendencies, and you start to question them.

All of this said, teh Jets will not be a SB team this year. Caoching will make a big difference in the end this year, but the Jets are just not equipped right now.

Unless they go on a streak like NE did its first SB year, they will be questioning themselves. As well, the Jets would be playing 3 games on the road. It is just too tough a row to hoe.

Speaking of baseball, I will officially recind my RSN membership once the Manny trade comes to fruition. I have my principals. The Sox Front Office does not. I'm leaning towards becoming a full fledged Yankee fan. Partly because I respect a team that actually has a plan and a committment to winning without blowing smoke up my arse, and partly to really piss off JetBoSoxFan. ;)

I actually took the first step today - unknowingly. I received my very first Christmas Card of the season. A Yankees Christmas card. Inside says "hope the Holiday Season is filled with Yankees Spirit and Cheer." I laughed. This person cracks me up.

just how you think that Payton will be COTY with Katrina in mind,I believe The Colts are the league favorites.I mean watch any game on Sunday and you'll see probably 3 different Peyton Manning commercials.Now I don't mean to say this to diminish what the Pats did in 2001 but there was talk that the league wanted a team named the PATRIOTS to be the team after 9/11.I ain't making it up I remember hearing this stuff on the street.So yea,I think there IS a league choice and this year it is Manning's Colts...

Speaking of baseball, I will officially recind my RSN membership once the Manny trade comes to fruition. I have my principals. The Sox Front Office does not. I'm leaning towards becoming a full fledged Yankee fan. Partly because I respect a team that actually has a plan and a committment to winning without blowing smoke up my arse, and partly to really piss off JetBoSoxFan. ;)

I actually took the first step today - unknowingly. I received my very first Christmas Card of the season. A Yankees Christmas card. Inside says "hope the Holiday Season is filled with Yankees Spirit and Cheer." I laughed. This person cracks me up.

Come to the other side, the Mets could always use more support!

Garb, what in Gods name are you talking about???????

• 3 weeks later...
We are going to surprise the sporting world and win the superbowl this year. Yeah, I am sure this is a truly homerish thing to say, but whatever, I am on a Jets fan board. We are taking it this year. The more games we win and the closer we get to that playoff spot, the more this team is going to hear the criticism that we had a week schedule, no running game, blah blah blah, and the are going to take it and ram it down the media's throat, along with that trophy!!!

The defense is strong and getting better, the team has shown an ability to change itself to suit whatever the matchup is, we have probably the most creative playcalling in the league, and we run the no huddle as good as Indy.

This is our year, it will be one of the biggest stories in sports history, how we came from nowhere with a qb with 2 broken wings and no real shot at even salvaging his career, and we will shock them all!

I didn't want to put this in the jets fan only thread, because I am serious, all the trolls can have at it, i don't really care.

:Nuts:

Bump yo!

We are another game closer to our destiny!

Archived