Peter King Hates the Jets

BwanaZulia

Proof: Of his 12 picks this year, he only picked us to win twice. Two times out of 12 games! He is only right when we lose but usually not on how. Out of those twelve he only picked us to win against the Lions and Texans (two of the worst teams in 2005).

Here is my breakdown of his picks and how he barely mentions the Jets.

New York (6-5) at Green Bay (4-7)

The clock's running out on Brett Favre's quest to catch Dan Marino's touchdown record this year, and on 4-7 Green Bay chasing .500. Marino 420, Favre 410. Five games left.

Green Bay 20, New York Jets 17

WRONG: Won 38-10

BZ's Call: Wrong on so many levels. All about Favre when he looked more like old Marino than young Marino. No talk of Chad or of the Jets at all actually.

Houston (3-7) at New York (5-5)

The Texans walk out of Giants Stadium for the second time this month thinking: "We're better than both the Giants and Jets, yet we've lost to both of them in ridiculous ways."

New York Jets 17, Houston 16

RIGHT: Won 26-11

BZ's Call: Again nothing about the Jets at all. He was right on the win but way off on the points. Only second time all season he picked us to win.

Chicago (8-1) at New York (5-4)

If the Jets do to Rex Grossman this Sunday what they did to Tom Brady last Sunday, I guarantee you after the game Grossman will say: "I had no idea where those pass-rushers were coming from all day. I never could get a good read on them all day."

Chicago 16, New York Jets 12

RIGHT: Lost 0-10

BZ's Call: Interesting he said the Jets could do something but picked against them. This was probably his most accurate pick besides the Browns game.

New York (4-4) at New England (6-2)

I am wearing a black armband for Rodney Harrison right now. No one north of Drew Brees or east of Carson Palmer worked harder to come back from an injury this offseason than Harrison, who broke his shoulder on the third defensive snap of the Colts game last week. A damn shame. Every player should play with the verve of Rodney Harrison. Dirty, schmirty.

New England 27, New York Jets 10

WRONG: Won 17-14

BZ's Call: Could he be a bigger homer? Again, no talk of the Jets at all. Nothing.

New York (4-3) at Cleveland (1-5)

I'm not sure this is much of an upset, though it will be perceived as such. Remember, the Jets lost 900 to nothing at Jacksonville three weeks ago, and the Dawg Pound will be revved up now that they've been emancipated from the offense of Maurice Carthon. By the way, do you realize that the best weapon in the Cleveland offense, a healthy Braylon Edwards, caught five balls for 33 yards over the last two games? One game a guy gets lost in the play-calling, I can understand. Two? Too much.

Cleveland 17, New York Jets 13

RIGHT: Lost 13-20

BZ's Call: He was right on. The Browns came out and got to us.

Detroit (1-5) at New York (3-3)

I can't think of a game that screams "Rake the lawn this afternoon" more than this one. But since they're going to play it, look for Chad Pennington to throw for a touchdown, and for the Jets' Brad Smith to invent one on his own. Haven't seen much of Smith, the former Missouri quarterback, yet? Well, in two years you'll be saying he's every bit a factor in a game as Antwaan Randle El ever was.

New York Jets 23, Detroit 7

RIGHT: Won 31-24

BZ's Call: So he finally picks the Jets to win.

Miami (1-4) at New York (2-3)

With a glum Daunte Culpepper looking on from the sideline, Joey Harrington leads the Dolphins to two fourth-quarter touchdowns and stakes his claim to this crazy quarterback job. The Jets sure do play some wild games.

Miami 33, New York Jets 31

WRONG: Won 20-17

BZ's Call: Mostly about Joey but of course was off on the win and the points.

New York (2-2) at Jacksonville (2-2)

Noses will be bloodied in northeastern Florida. IV bags will be plentiful. In the end, Maurice Jones-Drew will make a play only he can make in the fourth, rambling through and around the Jets D to win it.

Jacksonville 16, New York Jets 13

RIGHT: Lost 0-41

BZ's call: Yeah, the Jets got beat down. Nuff said.

Indianapolis (3-0) at New York (2-1)

Just when the Gang Greeners were pulling their '69 Joe Willie stuff out of the box in the attic, here come the Colts and Jags in Weeks 4 and 5. Losses 2 and 3 are coming soon.

Indianapolis 30, New York Jets 17

RIGHT: Lost 28-31

BZ's Call: He was right on the loss but not on the game or how it happened. We were not outscored 13 points.

New York (1-1) at Buffalo (1-1)

Spoke to Dick Jauron this week, and he was talking about what a good job Chad Pennington was doing. "He's just so steady," Jauron said. It appears most of the free world, including me, was wrong to write off the guy, because he looks totally in command of that offense. This week he'll have to overcome a resurgent Bills D, led by end Ryan Denney.

Buffalo 13, New York Jets 10

WRONG: Won 28-20

BZ's call: Again, picking against the Jets. The only time he talks about the Jets is when they are being quoted.

New England (1-0) at New York (1-0)

In the Tampering Bowl, Chad Pennington gets put on the Meadowlands rug five times and Tom Brady rebounds from a bad Week 1 against Buffalo.

New England 20, Jets 9

RIGHT: Lost 17-24

BZ's Call: He was wrong about Chad being put on the the rug and Tom Brady only rebounded for a half after which he hit the rug.

New York (0-0) at Tennessee (0-0)

Kerry Collins looks across the field and says: Where am I? Back in New York? With only two weeks of his nose in the playbook, Collins outduels old pal Chad Pennington and leads the Titans to two fourth-quarter touchdowns. The Cardiac Titans win their opener.

Tennessee 20, New York Jets 17

WRONG: Won 23-16

BZ's call: Picking against us to start and by Kerry Collins of all people.

Yeah, well just yesterday the dildonis was spewing how we're a cinch to make the play-off's. I guess his left brain doesn't know what his right brain is doing. That can't be it - he doesn't have a right brain.

has anybody even WATCHED a whole episode of Inside The NFL this year? I don't think I have since 2004...Peter King is the Svengali on that show...shows how much cred that show has

Between King, Carter & Marino that show has become close to unwatchable. Not to mention the fact that they don't show highlights of all the games anymore.

Between King, Carter & Marino that show has become close to unwatchable. Not to mention the fact that they don't show highlights of all the games anymore.

yea that's the worst of it G-I'd like to actually SEE the Jets on the show-that is if I were to watch it again

I just want to see every game shown. Is that to much to ask HBO?

Noticed this last week. Because I haven't been watching it this year I was excited to finally sit down and watch an episode (on tivo of course) and I start scanning through the show hoping for clips of games and they showed like 5 games' highlights for the entire show! Used to be a good show.

Proof: Of his 12 picks this year, he only picked us to win twice. Two times out of 12 games! He is only right when we lose but usually not on how. Out of those twelve he only picked us to win against the Lions and Texans (two of the worst teams in 2005).

Here is my breakdown of his picks and how he barely mentions the Jets.

New York (6-5) at Green Bay (4-7)

The clock's running out on Brett Favre's quest to catch Dan Marino's touchdown record this year, and on 4-7 Green Bay chasing .500. Marino 420, Favre 410. Five games left.

Green Bay 20, New York Jets 17

WRONG: Won 38-10

BZ's Call: Wrong on so many levels. All about Favre when he looked more like old Marino than young Marino. No talk of Chad or of the Jets at all actually.

Houston (3-7) at New York (5-5)

The Texans walk out of Giants Stadium for the second time this month thinking: "We're better than both the Giants and Jets, yet we've lost to both of them in ridiculous ways."

New York Jets 17, Houston 16

RIGHT: Won 26-11

BZ's Call: Again nothing about the Jets at all. He was right on the win but way off on the points. Only second time all season he picked us to win.

Chicago (8-1) at New York (5-4)

If the Jets do to Rex Grossman this Sunday what they did to Tom Brady last Sunday, I guarantee you after the game Grossman will say: "I had no idea where those pass-rushers were coming from all day. I never could get a good read on them all day."

Chicago 16, New York Jets 12

RIGHT: Lost 0-10

BZ's Call: Interesting he said the Jets could do something but picked against them. This was probably his most accurate pick besides the Browns game.

New York (4-4) at New England (6-2)

I am wearing a black armband for Rodney Harrison right now. No one north of Drew Brees or east of Carson Palmer worked harder to come back from an injury this offseason than Harrison, who broke his shoulder on the third defensive snap of the Colts game last week. A damn shame. Every player should play with the verve of Rodney Harrison. Dirty, schmirty.

New England 27, New York Jets 10

WRONG: Won 17-14

BZ's Call: Could he be a bigger homer? Again, no talk of the Jets at all. Nothing.

New York (4-3) at Cleveland (1-5)

I'm not sure this is much of an upset, though it will be perceived as such. Remember, the Jets lost 900 to nothing at Jacksonville three weeks ago, and the Dawg Pound will be revved up now that they've been emancipated from the offense of Maurice Carthon. By the way, do you realize that the best weapon in the Cleveland offense, a healthy Braylon Edwards, caught five balls for 33 yards over the last two games? One game a guy gets lost in the play-calling, I can understand. Two? Too much.

Cleveland 17, New York Jets 13

RIGHT: Lost 13-20

BZ's Call: He was right on. The Browns came out and got to us.

Detroit (1-5) at New York (3-3)

I can't think of a game that screams "Rake the lawn this afternoon" more than this one. But since they're going to play it, look for Chad Pennington to throw for a touchdown, and for the Jets' Brad Smith to invent one on his own. Haven't seen much of Smith, the former Missouri quarterback, yet? Well, in two years you'll be saying he's every bit a factor in a game as Antwaan Randle El ever was.

New York Jets 23, Detroit 7

RIGHT: Won 31-24

BZ's Call: So he finally picks the Jets to win.

Miami (1-4) at New York (2-3)

With a glum Daunte Culpepper looking on from the sideline, Joey Harrington leads the Dolphins to two fourth-quarter touchdowns and stakes his claim to this crazy quarterback job. The Jets sure do play some wild games.

Miami 33, New York Jets 31

WRONG: Won 20-17

BZ's Call: Mostly about Joey but of course was off on the win and the points.

New York (2-2) at Jacksonville (2-2)

Noses will be bloodied in northeastern Florida. IV bags will be plentiful. In the end, Maurice Jones-Drew will make a play only he can make in the fourth, rambling through and around the Jets D to win it.

Jacksonville 16, New York Jets 13

RIGHT: Lost 0-41

BZ's call: Yeah, the Jets got beat down. Nuff said.

Indianapolis (3-0) at New York (2-1)

Just when the Gang Greeners were pulling their '69 Joe Willie stuff out of the box in the attic, here come the Colts and Jags in Weeks 4 and 5. Losses 2 and 3 are coming soon.

Indianapolis 30, New York Jets 17

RIGHT: Lost 28-31

BZ's Call: He was right on the loss but not on the game or how it happened. We were not outscored 13 points.

New York (1-1) at Buffalo (1-1)

Spoke to Dick Jauron this week, and he was talking about what a good job Chad Pennington was doing. "He's just so steady," Jauron said. It appears most of the free world, including me, was wrong to write off the guy, because he looks totally in command of that offense. This week he'll have to overcome a resurgent Bills D, led by end Ryan Denney.

Buffalo 13, New York Jets 10

WRONG: Won 28-20

BZ's call: Again, picking against the Jets. The only time he talks about the Jets is when they are being quoted.

New England (1-0) at New York (1-0)

In the Tampering Bowl, Chad Pennington gets put on the Meadowlands rug five times and Tom Brady rebounds from a bad Week 1 against Buffalo.

New England 20, Jets 9

RIGHT: Lost 17-24

BZ's Call: He was wrong about Chad being put on the the rug and Tom Brady only rebounded for a half after which he hit the rug.

New York (0-0) at Tennessee (0-0)

Kerry Collins looks across the field and says: Where am I? Back in New York? With only two weeks of his nose in the playbook, Collins outduels old pal Chad Pennington and leads the Titans to two fourth-quarter touchdowns. The Cardiac Titans win their opener.

Tennessee 20, New York Jets 17

WRONG: Won 23-16

BZ's call: Picking against us to start and by Kerry Collins of all people.

Peter King is a front runner and a fake...and if he thinks is knows his stuff, he's had one too many happy meals....He is a Pats homer and tries to hide it...which makes it even worse;. He actually had a column in SI saying the Jets will make the playoffs...what a fake...

He must have gotten my email! :)

Buffalo (5-7) at New York (7-5)

The second and fifth men on my current NFL coach of the year ballot standings meet in the swamps of Jersey. As he should, Eric Mangini defeats Dick Jauron.

New York Jets 27, Buffalo 11

BZ

Peter King is a fat bastard. Actually, that is an insult to the big loveable fat bastards here at JN.

I'll take that as a compliment - even if I am legal:

• Parents married 02/11/61
  • I'm born 12/11/61

:Typotux:

Seriously though, What do you expect - He's the Boston Globe's PATRIOTS columnist!

God I Hate PETER KING just as much as anyone - especially when he bashes us on ESPN!

He must have gotten my email! :)

Buffalo (5-7) at New York (7-5)

The second and fifth men on my current NFL coach of the year ballot standings meet in the swamps of Jersey. As he should, Eric Mangini defeats Dick Jauron.

New York Jets 27, Buffalo 11

BZ

Dick Jauron is his #5 in his Coach of the Year balloting?:-?:wtf:

Dick Jauron is his #5 in his Coach of the Year balloting?:-?:wtf:

Who cares what him or any other pundit says? How often are these guys right? Close to never. Hell, every baseball writer from espn to cnnsi didn't have a single correct pick in any of their WS predictions. Do I care? No.

Easiest way for Peter King is stop writing for si is for people to stop paying attention to him. It's like an annoying relative, just ignore them for a while and they'll eventually leave.

I just want to see every game shown. Is that to much to ask HBO?

Yeah, there hasn't been many jets games on there this year, I think none in the last two weeks, that is just absurd. How do you bump one team's games 2 weeks in a row? Showing a team score like a machine in their first 5 drives isn't somehing that could make a highlight reel for the week? That wasn't as important as watching a piece on the guy who narrates nfl films????

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update from last week:

New York (7-6) at Minnesota (6-7)

Agonizing game II. With the Vikes' vaunted run defense, the Jets obviously are going to put this game in the hands of Chad Pennington. Five straight teams have scored in the 20s on the Vikes, so maybe I'm underestimating Pennington's ability to put three touchdowns on the board. But I don't think so.

Minnesota 22, New York Jets 20.

So now he has picked us to win 3 games out of 14 picks, yet we are 8-6.

MAN he is good. I hope he picks the Dolphins this week.

BZ

New York (8-6) at Miami (6-8)

This is Miami's playoff game, and I can't help but wonder if a few Jets with families are going to be wondering Sunday night: What am I doing on Christmas Eve in the Westin Hotel in Fort Lauderdale?

Miami 17, New York Jets 16

He has now picked the Jets to lose 12 out of 15 games.

NICE!

BZ

Archived