The 1st Annual JetsNation.com Official Draft Day Thread.....

JonEJet

They can't trade Rogers (cap hit)

They'll trade Mike Williams to probably the Chargers

Have to...they can't have all that $$$$$$$ tied up at WR...just can't

Can't they? They had the 26th ranked offense. I have no idea what Roger's cap hit is. So I can't say for sure or not how big of a hit it'd be. Besides that, I don't know if anyone would want to meet the price it'd take to acquire Mike Williams.

And, didn't this play out just fine for Dallas? DJ, Merriman, or DeMarcus Ware? Who you got?

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can only hope but just for kicks who would you then draft at #11?

Well, I'd have to assume we'd get #11 and a mid-rounder (like a #3 or #4)....

And who would I take....I don;t know honestly. perhaps Merriman, a CB, or the top O-Lineman or perhaps even Clayton the WR or Jones the workout wonder. Not real sure though, hadn't really thought who I'd take out, honestly.

Whay do you say Papi?

And who would I take....I don;t know honestly. perhaps Merriman, a CB, or the top O-Lineman or perhaps even Clayton the WR or Jones the workout wonder. Not real sure though, hadn't really thought who I'd take out, honestly.

Whay do you say Papi?

I'd want their number two. I'd do the trade for their two number ones and their number two for Abe and the Jets number two... and those twin six's they got.

And, man oh man... where has Derrick Johnson gone?

Whay do you say Papi?

I'd say you'd have to try to replace Abe at that spot then

Calling a trade by Detroit to San Diego for Williams

LOL, not gonna happen man. Williams/Williams is going to be a combo to reckon with in Detroit for soem time to come. If they get a QB who can actually throw, these two will be devastating, possibly the best 1-2 punch in the NFL.

Watch for Detriot to take Adrian McPherson in Round 2, then Defense the rest of the way.

LOL, not gonna happen man. Williams/Williams is going to be a combo to reckon with in Detroit for soem time to come. If they get a QB who can actually throw, these two will be devastating, possibly the best 1-2 punch in the NFL.

I thought a healthy Charlie and Roy would be exactly the same

Crazy draft...If you see the CHargers draft D Johnson, I guarantee ther is a trade in the works

I thought a healthy Charlie and Roy would be exactly the same

Crazy draft...If you see the CHargers draft D Johnson, I guarantee ther is a trade in the works

Well, being the only Detroiter here, it's going to take alot for a trade to happen. But, it's not out of the question. I did hear Detroit was entertaining a trade down. But, it won't be with San Diego. They just took Merriman.

WE gotta get justin miller am holdin mah breath :shock:

We gotta trade up for him!

Hopefully he's there at 24, and we trade up with green bay (hope rogers is gone by then)

Alex Barrons gotta be the houston pick right now, or thomas davis...

Like I said, I don't think Mike'll be traded. And, if he does get moved, it will be for alot. We're talking two firsts, a second, and probably more. Probably recouping that fifth rounder that they lost.

Are you serious? Randy Freaking Moss isn't even worth that much.

Are you serious? Randy Freaking Moss isn't even worth that much.

Yeah, I'm freakin serious. And, don't think Matt Millen isn't thinking the same thing. If no one wants to meet the price, then I'll keep Williams and enjoy the offensive show.

And, Randy Moss is worth more than that... the Queens are just dumb. Which has been established well on this thread.

You see, trading works on what people are willing to pay. If they're desperate enough, you'll see a running back moved for several draft picks and a slew of players. The Lions are in a position of power. They have all the leverage. So, they can call the price. And Millen is cutthroat in trading. Case in point last year, when he moved down one spot, from six to seven, and got a second round pick. It's all about demand.

Yeah, I'm freakin serious. And, don't think Matt Millen isn't thinking the same thing. If no one wants to meet the price, then I'll keep Williams and enjoy the offensive show.

And, Randy Moss is worth more than that... the Queens are just dumb. Which has been established well on this thread.

You see, trading works on what people are willing to pay. If they're desperate enough, you'll see a running back moved for several draft picks and a slew of players. The Lions are in a position of power. They have all the leverage. So, they can call the price. And Millen is cutthroat in trading. Case in point last year, when he moved down one spot, from six to seven, and got a second round pick. It's all about demand.

No, I'm just saying Moss isn't worth that because that's how I feel. Not because the Raiders gave him less. There are very few players in the league that are worth that kind of coin and a slow rookie WR who hasn't played in 15 months isn't on that short list.

We gotta trade up for him!

Hopefully he's there at 24, and we trade up with green bay (hope rogers is gone by then)

Alex Barrons gotta be the houston pick right now, or thomas davis...

We will not trade up for Miller, mark my words. It is a bad idea, and not worth the costs it would take. Quit buying into the hype.

No, I'm just saying Moss isn't worth that because that's how I feel. Not because the Raiders gave him less. There are very few players in the league that are worth that kind of coin and a slow rookie WR who hasn't played in 15 months isn't on that short list.

And, I'm saying if someone wants him bad enough, they'll pony up what I want. If not, I'll take the scariest, youngest offense in the NFL into the season just fine. There's alot of good defensive players in rounds 2 through 5. At ten, you just can't pass up Mike Williams. He's a perfect fit for the WCO. And, the Lions already have two speed burners/deep threats at WR in Charles (not Carlos, Suze!) Rogers and Roy Williams.

Mike's been training with Chris Carter and hasn't taken a hit in 15 months. He's about as fresh as a football player can be. Sure, he'll be rusty. He's had an extended training camp for 15 months. But, that doesn't mean he won't be damn dominant.

I'm thiknin Derrick Johnson (yeah, he's still around), to bolster that 32nd ranked defense.

Saints were actually the 32nd ranked D. I've only seen those rankings a billion times now. Did anyone else know that our offense was 12th? I could of sworn we were in the 20's.

Archived