How can you not love Pouha (pronounced Bo-oo-ha)?

Jetsfan80

Fellas, here's the thing. Sione Pouha is a kid who started his college career by going away for THREE YEARS on a Church Mission. And still, upon his return, Utah stuck with him and made him the starter 2 years after his return. Does that not tell you something about his heart and passion for the game, as well as his abilities, when you consider that he still started for a big program after taking 3 years off? Does it not also tell you that this kid will be a leader and an upstanding citizen?

This doesnt even include that fact that he is, as Ham affectionately likes to say "a mountain of a man" at 6-3, 330 who happens to bench 475 and squat 675, and is also a perfect fit for our needs. Seriously, is there anyone who can tell me this kid is not a match made in heaven for the Jets?

Of course you would, because he's more well known. That doesnt mean he's better, or better for us.

Thats not it at all. I knew exactly who Sione Pouha was. I knew he was a big man, but just his age scared me off, because IMO, he is no better of a prospect than Mosley.

Thats not it at all. I knew exactly who Sione Pouha was. I knew he was a big man, but just his age scared me off, because IMO, he is no better of a prospect than Mosley.

But he's not an old 26. And anyways, run-stuffers can last well into their 30s.

This guy didn't play against top competition and didn't even have great numbers

CJ Mosley played in a stronger conference and had better numbers.

Since when do numbers for DT's matter? Completely different players and systems. Pouha is a run-stuffer, meaning he just takes up space. Guys like that never put up big numbers, but damn do they help you win football games.

Only numbers I care about for Pouha are 6-3, 330. :D

DTs job isn't always to produce - Jon Vilma needs guys up front to protect him so he can play his game... Pouha is a legitimate player - his age is meaningless we have to be realistic about these guys... 10 year starters are rare for a single team these days - if Pouha is great for another 4 or 5 years that's a worthwhile pick.

we have to be realistic, even if a guy can play for 10 years that doesn't mean the Jets will employ him in his 2nd or 3rd contract...

DTs job isn't always to produce - Jon Vilma needs guys up front to protect him so he can play his game... Pouha is a legitimate player - his age is meaningless we have to be realistic about these guys... 10 year starters are rare for a single team these days - if Pouha is great for another 4 or 5 years that's a worthwhile pick.

we have to be realistic, even if a guy can play for 10 years that doesn't mean the Jets will employ him in his 2nd or 3rd contract...

That is VERY TRUE. I guess I am sold on the Pouha pick! :D

Thank you for the justification, Bit. I'm in total agreement with this.

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

Those Hawaiian and Samoan players always seem

to be tough dudes!! I think we have our Ted

Washington/Pat Williams type player here!!

And this guy will not only help the LB's, but

may take some of the load off Drob and let

him get some sacks this year!! =D>

Archived