Jets vs Vikings Game Thread

madmike1

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
of which you know I am NOT one Mikey-I just have a bad feeling today of the heartbreaking kind...

Heartbreak was shelling out 100 dollars for a ticket, gas, tailgate supplies, and then seeing the Jets lose to the Bills. All while sitting next to two good friends, whom were wearing jp losman and takeo spikes jersey's.

The season ended last week.

That was heartbreak.

Heartbreak was shelling out 100 dollars for a ticket, gas, tailgate supplies, and then seeing the Jets lose to the Bills. All while sitting next to two good friends, whom were wearing jp losman and takeo spikes jersey's.

The season ended last week.

That was heartbreak.

yup I agree DJ-weird thing is I almost had that same kind of melancholy feeling of helplessness that I developed last year watching my beloved Jets-I mean I couldn't even get friggin mad because I EXPECTED them to lose every week

Yeah the Vikes are great at stopping the run, but there is a reason they are 6-7. I think Pennington has a nice day today, and the defense forces some ints by B.Johnson. I also expect to see some run blitzes by the Jets in this game. Wouldnt be surprised for the Jets to have 8 or 9 in the box on a consistant basis and force the Vikings to beat through the air with their very mediocre QB, and pedestrian WR's. prediction: Jets 24 Vikes 17

Pennington will have a huge game and shut people up for about 1.5 days... only to be questioned becuase it was a "losing" team he did it against...

Leon and Cedric will have OK days I think... Houston can pound the ball and Leon should be able to either catch and run or hit the outside OK a few times...

Our defense will force Brooks Bollinger off the bench... Vikings fans will feel some hope... only to figure out that we will now bat down 50% of the midgets passes... lol

::GoJets:

All the haters are gonna be nowhere to be found around 4...

Yes, I am a Chad hater. I hate anyone who stands in the way of the Jets becoming a SB contender. I ahted Herm Edwards, Coslett, Kotite, and a whole host of others who stood in the way in the past. You're unwavering support of Chad makes me think that you are a Jets hater. Seriously. Anyone who could actually defend that piece of crap as a competent big game QB must be a Jets hater.

Oh, and I'll be here at 4. Chad has alot more than one good game to prove squat to me.

Yes, I am a Chad hater. I hate anyone who stands in the way of the Jets becoming a SB contender. I ahted Herm Edwards, Coslett, Kotite, and a whole host of others who stood in the way in the past. You're unwavering support of Chad makes me think that you are a Jets hater. Seriously. Anyone who could actually defend that piece of crap as a competent big game QB must be a Jets hater.

Oh, and I'll be here at 4. Chad has alot more than one good game to prove squat to me.

Of course no matter what chad does the haters will never shut up untill he leaves the club (which also counts peyton manning, carson palmer, dan marino, mcnabb ect as members) of QB's without super bowl rings.

The Jets are not out of the woods by any means. The Vikings will not be a cake walk game. If our run defense doesn't show up the Jets will LOSE the game. If Chad turns the ball over, the Jets will LOSE the game. So lets not chalk this up as a W yet.

He has taken us to the playoffs twice and won in the playoffs... how much bigger of a game do you want... sure he has played bad in other big games but its not like the rest of the team was playing great and Chad threw it out the window....

Like last week, sure Chad had some bad throws... he was forcing it trying to WIN and there was extra coverage becuase nobody is scared of our running game...

HOw is last week "Chad fault"

Our D gave up the following

-Willis McGahee, 57 Yd run (Rian Lindell kick is good), 4:22. Drive: 4 plays, 78 yards in 1:37.

-Lee Evans, 77 Yd pass from J.P. Losman (Rian Lindell kick is good), 4:47. Drive: 3 plays, 84 yards in 1:26.

They let the bills run for 174 yards on us...

I can understand your upset at Chad for throwing the picks, but seriously it is to be expected when playing from behind with no running game... its not like we could trust our D to make a stop he had to force the ball and we paid for it...

But IMO most of the blame goes on the D for letting them run all over us AND get TWO HUGE PLAYS... a 57 yard run for a TD and a 77 yard pass for a TD are just as much of a game changer as Chad throwing the pick...

Notice how Chad was doing well untill our D let the two HUGE plays happpen and then Shotty had to make Chad force the ball more, if our D doesnt let up those plays the game would have been totally different!

He has taken us to the playoffs twice and won in the playoffs... how much bigger of a game do you want... sure he has played bad in other big games but its not like the rest of the team was playing great and Chad threw it out the window....

Like last week, sure Chad had some bad throws... he was forcing it trying to WIN and there was extra coverage becuase nobody is scared of our running game...

HOw is last week "Chad fault"

Our D gave up the following

-Willis McGahee, 57 Yd run (Rian Lindell kick is good), 4:22. Drive: 4 plays, 78 yards in 1:37.

-Lee Evans, 77 Yd pass from J.P. Losman (Rian Lindell kick is good), 4:47. Drive: 3 plays, 84 yards in 1:26.

They let the bills run for 174 yards on us...

I can understand your upset at Chad for throwing the picks, but seriously it is to be expected when playing from behind with no running game... its not like we could trust our D to make a stop he had to force the ball and we paid for it...

But IMO most of the blame goes on the D for letting them run all over us AND get TWO HUGE PLAYS... a 57 yard run for a TD and a 77 yard pass for a TD are just as much of a game changer as Chad throwing the pick...

Notice how Chad was doing well untill our D let the two HUGE plays happpen and then Shotty had to make Chad force the ball more, if our D doesnt let up those plays the game would have been totally different!

its everyone to blame, we the jets for the past 5-6 years have always gone into december losing games we should have won, when are we going to be able to win games when we need to we are always looking for other teams to help us get into the playoffs instead of controlling our own destiny

Mangini has said that the game plan will change from week to week based on the opponet. How many times do the Jets run the ball today? I wouldn't be surprised if they came out and went no huddle...all pass plays on the first drive.

Mangini has said that the game plan will change from week to week based on the opponet. How many times do the Jets run the ball today? I wouldn't be surprised if they came out and went no huddle...all pass plays on the first drive.

They might, Chad plays better when he gets going early too... They have done that a lot this year... we really need a Stud RB to compliment Chad and it would make these games much more winnable... this way they cant go nickle and dime on us knowing they can stop the run with 5 guys in the box...

We need Leon or Houston to break out big at the end of the season for us to make a playoff push

They might, Chad plays better when he gets going early too... They have done that a lot this year... we really need a Stud RB to compliment Chad and it would make these games much more winnable... this way they cant go nickle and dime on us knowing they can stop the run with 5 guys in the box...

We need Leon or Houston to break out big at the end of the season for us to make a playoff push

what a cath by coles

Archived