Cashman is great!

Mike Martz

Lets Leiber go for the great Jaret Wright who had a sore shoulder when they signed him. A little advice for Mr Cashman, if the Braves let a pitcher go, do not sign him, he is either no good or on the downhill.

Tom Glavine is that you???

A broken clock is right twice a day. Not resigning the proven commodity-Lieber-over Wright is killing them.

By the way-when was the last time a pitcher get better under the Yankee coaching staff? There isn't much to coaching solid self-starters like Rivera, Clemens, Pettitte, Big Unit, Mussina. Who's the last guy they got- in a trade, from the minors, a FA-who's bloomed here?

A broken clock is right twice a day. Not resigning the proven commodity-Lieber-over Wright is killing them.

By the way-when was the last time a pitcher get better under the Yankee coaching staff? There isn't much to coaching solid self-starters like Rivera, Clemens, Pettitte, Big Unit, Mussina. Who's the last guy they got- in a trade, from the minors, a FA-who's bloomed here?

Petite.

It is not going to happen much either in the future. Because the pressure to win here is so great.

Good call, Mike Martz,

Now that the Yankees have realized that this is not just a team-wide slump and that 1965 (when the entire franchise aged overnight and collectively were offically done!!!) is officially back, it is time to start dumping salaries ASAP!!!

Now, when you stockpile massive contracts for randomly selected all stars with bad attitudes...youre pretty much stuck with them unless you want to buy them out.

But here is a list of players you can give us, the Mighty Red Sox Nation, in an effort to ease the financial burden of 2005...$210 mil for a last place finish:

H. Matsui (in case Johnny or Manny need a day off)

OK, end of list. But this does give me an idea for another thread!!!

Jake Westbrook, Bob Wickman, Yancey Brezobahn and Ted Lilly are all solid ML pitchers that this coaching staff couldn't seem to work with. In fairness, Lilly and Brezhbahn became RJ. But they gave up Westbrook and Wickman for nothing much. The other trade that was awful was Mike Lowell for that lefthanded Met washout. It seems like every bad move the Yanks have made is coming back to haunt them this year. And possibly worst of all-having Giambi's contract preclude them from signing Beltran. Williams is done.

I doubt the Yankees are gonna take Mike Cameron off your hands...though they'd be lucky to have him on that roster. He's young and verile by their standards!

They should be, or should I say, will be looking to dump salary like everyone else has had to do at some point recently.

And let's be honest, when SOME of the Yankees are traded to REAL teams for prospects and cash, they may even help a contending team acquire a playoff berth.

But where will Matsui end up?

And Jeter?

And Mariano?

This is my first post so i would like to start by saying hi to everyone.

What the Yankees have done signing all these older players, and not allowing players to grow in the farm system, is finally catching up to them. I know it is only 20 games into the season, but i am one Yankees fan that is worried.

If R.J. goes down they are finished, but i havent been at all impressed w/ Brown the Clown, Mussina or Jared Wrong.

I hope they turn it around and they do so soon.

This is my first post so i would like to start by saying hi to everyone.

What the Yankees have done signing all these older players, and not allowing players to grow in the farm system, is finally catching up to them. I know it is only 20 games into the season, but i am one Yankees fan that is worried.

If R.J. goes down they are finished, but i havent been at all impressed w/ Brown the Clown, Mussina or

Jared Wrong.

I hope they turn it around and they do so soon.

The problem with the yanks is two fold:

1) They must win now. No patience...a year w/o a ws win is a bad year. Therefore they have been mortgaging the future to acquire aging pitchers for today. Since 2001, there has been no success with this tactic (if you define success with a WS ring).

2) Old Pitchers/ragged pitchers: Look at the list of pitchers and you see a who's who of age or injury

Brown (Both old and injured)

Mussina (older)

Vasquez (emotionally injured)

Wright (Bum Shoulder)

Wells (Bum back and fat)

R. Johnson (bum knee)

Pitching wins championships. BUT, a good farm system is a good way to keep your team stocked.

If the yanks fail it is because of pitching.

LL

P.S. I say this not as a mets fan but as a Baseball fan.

thanks for the welcome... i will add my comments whenever i can add something to the convo. and its great to be here. =D>:lol:

Just type slowly so the Red Sox and Pat fans can understand what you are saying.

:mrgreen:

Archived