Pennington FFL projection vs Fins

Big Dave

One-week bust: Chad Pennington (at MIA). Pennington threw for 339 yards with one touchdown and one interception last week against Minnesota, but the Dolphins secondary is better than the Vikings. Miami is No. 3 in pass defense and shutout New England in its last home game in Week 14. Pennington passed for 175 yards and two touchdowns against the Dolphins in Week 6.

I'm not sure if I totally agree with this. The Dolphins shouldn't make the mistakes they made last week against the Bills, but they have always had problems with Laverneus Coles. I see another under 200 yard game for Pennington, but I think he finds Coles and my ex-NCSU Wolfpack receiver in the end zone.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think alot is going to depend on if they bite as hard on the inside stuff that they did in the first game.

The Jets keep going short and in, short and in, doing it to the point the Dolphins started jumping the route.

That is what happened in that first game on that Coles TD. He went in, Miami bit hard and then he went out. Boom TD and basically ballgame.

It's going to be intersting. I was reading today how Chad will changing his calls so the Dolphins won't be able to do to them what they did to Brady.

I'm really fired up for the game. I think we are all going to be on a long roller coaster ride.

Miami's db's don't scare anybody but if we can't get some semblance of a running game going, which can be difficult against the fins, it could be a long, tough game. But I think the Jets will win a squeaker

Our secondary is a weakness, but they've improved since the bye. The problem is is that they have no ball instincts. All you have to do is throw the ball up in the air and your receiver will come down with it.

What you have to do is stop our pass rush. Saban and Capers mix things up very well and can confuse a quarterback. The Bills got two big throws on us last week when they threw the kitchen sink at him. Luckily for them they had maximum protection packages on the play and all Losman had to do was loft the ball up to Lee Evans. I will have to say that Losman is much improved this year and has good chemistry with Evans.

Good luck this weekend, but you do know that I'm hoping to have you all join us watching the playoffs. It's a lot of fun hating each other;)

The Jets are 5-1 against Miami when Chad starts and Chad's #s are:

100-157, 1085 yds, 8 TDs, 1 INT, 98.2 rating.

And that loss was in Miami, we lost by 2 points... Chad had 221 Yards, completed 78% of his passes and had a TD...

To say the least... Chad Pennington OWNS the Miami Dolphins... Brady wishes he could perform against the Phins like Chad can... instead he always lays an egg when he plays them....

Stop posting facts. you will confuse the delusional Miami fans.

No confusion on our part. No matter who is back in our secondary, Pennington and Coles has given us problems. I'd rather face the Patriots. For some strange reason we have their number.

Dude, what the hell do you think the Jets passing attack consists of?

Do you really want to start talking about passing attacks????

Tom Brady - racked up a HUGE 178 yards in 2 games... against the Dolphins and Texans!!!

:rl:... 178 yards.... thats 89 yards a game... nice passing attack...

I'm a little scared of this game. when the schedule first came out I was like wow the dolphins on X-mas big whoop.. and then the dolphins just sucked! wich I figured to be an easy game and not much of a show on christmas.. well the dolphins have gotten alot better. and now this game is huge. chad seems to do well against the dolphins so I'm hoping he has another solid night. there DB's don't bother me much, it's there LB's that freak me out a little bit. we have to keep the ball away from taylor and keep him off chad. going to be a great game. not for stats but all in all going to be a close hard faught game and I can't wait. I hope we have a mery JETS christmas!

If Jason Taylor* brings his "A" game it will be a tough night for the Jets OL and Pennington.

IMO: Taylor should be DPOY. He has been playing out of his mind this season.

This could be a 6-3 game especially if Harrington repeats his performance from last week.

*I know all Jets fans hate Taylor, but I would love him on the Pats. I have nothing but respect for him.

If Jason Taylor* brings his "A" game it will be a tough night for the Jets OL and Pennington.

This could be a 6-3 game especially if Harrington repeats his performance from last week.

*I know all Jets fans hate Taylor, but I would love him on the Pats. I have nothing but respect for him.

We don't have matt light playing on our line.

When is the NFL about individual performances and not team performances?

That's the problem with the majority of Jets fans, they just don't get it.

every day you just make yourself look stupider. this thread is about AN INDIVIDUAL PLAYER but when i make you look stupid with facts then the facts mean nothing LOL.

[

I agree, I don't hate taylor, He's one hell of a football player and I respect him aswell. would I want him on the jets? Hell yes!

Archived