Pennington FFL projection vs Fins

Big Dave

Great point about the short pass being your running game. I just wanted to refute madmikes argument that Penny was a better QB than Brady.

I swear he has convinced himself that Brady sucks and is no better than David Carr.

JP Losman is having a better year than Chad for goodness sake! 17 TD, 10 INT

I'm not going to say chad is better than brady.. I'm a complete chad fanatic, but I'm realistic aswell. alot of chad's int's have come at the end of a game on a hail mary or a 4th down where he ahd to try and make a play. and no I'm not making excuses thats a horrible stat. even the tipped balls are chads fault, he didn't put the ball where it needed to be.. be we have won game this year and he does help our team win, he makes good throws and checks off to the right plays.

please dont say loserman is better than chad! LoL that just hurts. thats like a hit below the belt.. but yes that stat is better, but the jets have more wins. wins matter.. you being a pats fan know that!

oh and yay carr is way better than brady! LoL j/k ..all in all I hate brady, but I can't argue with sucess..

I'm going to the mall for a little late x-mas shopping I'll respond when I get back. it's nice talking to an intelligent group of football guys.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone who thinks that a piece of garbage like JP Losman is better then Chad either has an agenda or just doesn't know anything about football.

17 TD's and 10 INT's is worse than Chad has done? Is that what you are saying?

Do you realize that Chad is older than Brady, Losman & Harrington?

Anyone who thinks that a piece of garbage like JP Losman is better then Chad either has an agenda or just doesn't know anything about football.

Losman, who is MUCH younger than Pennington, has a MUCH better arm than Pennington, and is putting up MUCH better numbers than Pennington, isn't better than Pennington?

17 TD's and 10 INT's is worse than Chad has done? Is that what you are saying?

Do you realize that Chad is older than Brady, Losman & Harrington?

Do you realize how STUPID it is to judge QB's on TD/INT ratio? How many times am i gonna have to explain this to you or other patsy trolls?

Do you realize how STUPID it is to judge QB's on TD/INT ratio? How many times am i gonna have to explain this to you or other patsy trolls?

I'm stupid because I think that a positive TD to INT ratio is measure of a good QB? Colour me bad.

What is your measure of a good QB? Yards per completion?

I hope you are being sarcastic. I really do.

I'm stupid because I think that a positive TD to INT ratio is measure of a good QB? Colour me bad.

What is your measure of a good QB? Yards per completion?

I hope you are being sarcastic. I really do.

Anyone who has any small knowledge of football and statistics would understand that those stats can't POSSIBLY be good enough to tell anything of value. There is such a huge element of luck involved in TD's and INT's that it's not even worth bringing them into any conversation. YPA isn't much better but it sure is better. As I've said hundreds of times on this website using TD's and INT's to judge a football player is just as moronic (if not more so) then using Runs and RBI's to judge a baseball player.

Anyone who has any small knowledge of football and statistics would understand that those stats can't POSSIBLY be good enough to tell anything of value. There is such a huge element of luck involved in TD's and INT's that it's not even worth bringing them into any conversation. YPA isn't much better but it sure is better. As I've said hundreds of times on this website using TD's and INT's to judge a football is just as moronic (if not more so) then using Runs and RBI's to judge a baseball player.

So you are not being sarcastic. Interesting.

What is your criteria to judge a QB's performance?

Brady, Palmer, Manning, Brees, Pennington.............Who is the better QB?

So you are not being sarcastic. Interesting.

What is your criteria to judge a QB's performance?

Brady, Palmer, Manning, Brees, Pennington.............Who is the better QB?

(Why do i have to explain this over and over again.) There are NO perfect football stats. The better stats (DPAR, DVOA, YPA, Comp %, Scoring Drive %) are still imperfect. There really is no way to tell for 100% certinty who's a better QB (after the top guys like Manning and Palmer.)

(Why do i have to explain this over and over again.) There are NO perfect football stats. The better stats (YPA, Comp %, Scoring Drive %) are still imperfect. There really is no way to tell for 100% certinty who's a better QB (after the top guys like Manning and Palmer.)

Wow. More INT's are better than more TD's. Who would have thought?

Remind me not to send my kids to Rutgers.

Wow. More INT's are better than more TD's. Who would have thought?

Remind me not to send my kids to Rutgers.

Yeah thats exactly what i said LOL. I'm not gonna waste my time. There are a lot of stupid people around who don't want to admit that maybe the stats they think mean something really don't but thats fine. Just like the morons who use batting average to judge baseball players... I'm not gonna waste my time trying to teach you something.

Yeah thats exactly what i said LOL. I'm not gonna waste my time. There are a lot of stupid people around who don't want to admit that maybe the stats they think mean something really don't but thats fine. Just like the morons who use batting average to judge baseball players... I'm not gonna waste my time trying to teach you something.

Teach me what?

If you posted a poll on the board about which QB Jets fans would want it would go something like this:

1. Brady

1a. Manning

2. Brees

3. Palmer

4. Rivers

5. McNabb

etc.

Get a grip mate. Get an f'n grip.

Teach me what?

If you posted a poll on the board about which QB Jets fans would want it would go something like this:

1. Brady

1a. Manning

2. Brees

3. Palmer

4. Rivers

5. McNabb

etc.

Get a grip mate. Get an f'n grip.

What the hell does that have to do with anything I've said. Are you having trouble understanding my posts?

Are you having a problem understanding the facts? There are many QB's better than Chad.

Losman is not one of them. i am a Pennington fan. But I do realize he has been up and down this year. Losman has been down, down, down, OK and ok.

Losman is not one of them. i am a Pennington fan. But I do realize he has been up and down this year. Losman has been down, down, down, OK and ok.

It's not about JP and Penny. It's about madmike saying that Penny is better than Brady, Manning, Brees, etc, because "stats don't matter."

Throwing more picks than TD's means Chad is the best QB in the NFL.

It's not about JP and Penny. It's about madmike saying that Penny is better than Brady, Manning, Brees, etc, because "stats don't matter."

Throwing more picks than TD's means Chad is the best QB in the NFL.

I know. mike is the anti-TX

Dude, Losman has 2 more TD's ans 10 less INT's than Pennington. He also has a QB average that's over 7 points higher than Chad. Losman is in his 2nd year starting. Not for nothing, but that's pretty damn good for the 4th QB of his draft in his in his 2nd year starting. The only QB of his class that's having a better season is Philip Rivers. He's improving, and will likely be even better next year and better the year after that. Chad on the other hand is about as good as he is, sure his INT's are up, but for the most part he's doing what he's always donre. There will be no drsstic improvement over the next couple years, he's over 30 years old. JP Losman is already as good as Pennington and has the potential to become better. I'd take him every day of the week over Chad.

Dude, Losman has 2 more TD's ans 10 less INT's than Pennington. He also has a QB average that's over 7 points higher than Chad. Losman is in his 2nd year starting. Not for nothing, but that's pretty damn good for the 4th QB of his draft in his in his 2nd year starting. The only QB of his class that's having a better season is Philip Rivers. He's improving, and will likely be even better next year and better the year after that. Chad on the other hand is about as good as he is, sure his INT's are up, but for the most part he's doing what he's always donre. There will be no drsstic improvement over the next couple years, he's over 30 years old. JP Losman is already as good as Pennington and has the potential to become better. I'd take him every day of the week over Chad.

Dude, he has 10 ints...Chad has 16...How is that 10 less?

Plus, Chad has 70 more attempts.

Dude, he has 10 ints...Chad has 16...How is that 10 less?

Plus, Chad has 70 more attempts.

6, sorry I've had a few.. The 70 more attempts would also account for the almost 400 more yds for Pennington. You did well to point out my math mistake, how about some points to show Pennington is better right now.

6, sorry I've had a few.. The 70 more attempts would also account for the almost 400 more yds for Pennington. You did well to point out my math mistake, how about some points to show Pennington is better right now.

I've had few as well.

At least Losman throws it down the field. Chad? Not so much.

Brady: 22 TD's. Losman: 17 TD's: Penny: 15 TD's.

madmike: Let's talk about INT's.

Listen. I was not pointng out your math mistake. I just thought you saw some bogus stats.

To answer your question, Chad can manage a game better than Losman. If you needed a QB to win 1 game right now, you would take Chad over JP...

Listen. I was not pointng out your math mistake. I just thought you saw some bogus stats.

To answer your question, Chad can manage a game better than Losman. If you needed a QB to win 1 game right now, you would take Chad over JP...

You're probably right. In truth, if it were a trmendously aggressive D like BAL or CHI, I'd actually take Losman for that 1 game. But for next year and beyond, it's Losman every day.

Archived