Whos really a Dink and Dunk team?

madmike1

MadMike & gainzo. Please do me a favor and take a deeep breath. Name calling is not allowed. I don't care if you started it or not. Don't add on and don't try to "finish" it.

It's 4 days before Christmas. If you want to have a knockout drag out brawl tonight do it at the PUB. If not sign up for the next rd of Jets Vs Pats fans.

Please.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why don't you stay out of this? it has nothing to do with you. This is a carry over from another thread and there is more then enough namecalling going both ways which i didn't start.

I hate to tell you this but Tom Brady is a better QB than Chad Pennington.

MadMike & gainzo. Please do me a favor and take a deeep breath. Name calling is not allowed. I don't care if you started it or not. Don't add on and don't try to "finish" it.

It's 4 days before Christmas. If you want to have a knockout drag out brawl tonight do it at the PUB. If not sign up for the next rd of Jets Vs Pats fans.

Please.

Smizzy,before I go any further,please understand the following statement is made 100% in jest,and is only intended to lighten the mood (and perhaps hi-jack a football thread to reference an episode of seinfeld):

You are right,tonight/this morning is not the time or the place to brawl. If you'll all take out your magnifiers and take a look at my sig,you'll see that the proper time and place is Festivus; Saturday night,the 23rd at the dinner table for the Airing of the Grievances followed by, of course, the Feats of Strength.

For the Airing of the Grievances,we'll all go around the table and tell everyone the ways in which they have disappointed us over the past year. That won't be an issue at all,as everyone is welcome to participate. Where we run into problems is the Feats of Strength,as that usually involves Festivus going on until the head of the house is pinned. Now I am really not sure if Max would be willing to give up the opportunity to be pinned by another man to let these two guys settle their differences,but I really can't speak for him.

are you retarded? the jets and patsies throw within 0.3% of the same % of passes past 10 yards. what the hell else as there to prove?

Do not Jets fans say there are more to stats then just the numbers?

Let's look by comparison to the last season we can compare.

Chad (235 of 307) 76.5%

Tom (255 of 474) 53.8%

How did we get from a huge imbalance to a statistical dead heat?

No Herm? Yes. No Deoin and Givens, thus a need to dump more passes to back and TEs? Yes.

The never ending need to try and equal our two respective QBs is amusing.

Tom > Chad.

Do not Jets fans say there are more to stats then just the numbers?

Let's look by comparison to the last season we can compare.

Chad (235 of 307) 76.5%

Tom (255 of 474) 53.8%

How did we get from a huge imbalance to a statistical dead heat?

No Herm? Yes. No Deoin and Givens, thus a need to dump more passes to back and TEs? Yes.

The never ending need to try and equal our two respective QBs is amusing.

Tom > Chad.

Why do you want to beat this dead horse again? Looking for some more high quality profanity? Read the title and face facts: The Jets and the Pats are both dink and dunk teams. There is no shame in it. The Al Davis vertical passing game is pretty much dead.

PS: Tom is gay.

Why do you want to beat this dead horse again? Looking for some more high quality profanity? Read the title and face facts: The Jets and the Pats are both dink and dunk teams. There is no shame in it. The Al Davis vertical passing game is pretty much dead.

PS: Tom is gay.

WHy not?

I hear you 27. I am only looking to shoot down another pointless thread. The Tom V Chad debate ended about 4 years ago.

WHy not?

I hear you 27. I am only looking to shoot down another pointless thread. The Tom V Chad debate ended about 4 years ago.

That's true. I guess beating dead horses is what we're here for. What's wrong with Chad is not that he is worse than Brady or that he is a dink and dunk qb. You can be both of those things and still be an effective NFL qb and win the big one. Plenty of qbs have. What's wrong with Chad are that his arm is looking weaker than ever and he has had a higher number of ints than ever. The arm isn't going to become a cannon, but there is reason to believe the ints will drop back down.

Oh and we know Chad's not gay. No self respecting gay man would be seen in public with that haircut. My mom says that he's the only player that looks better with helmet head.

I will never understand why Jets fans want to compare Pennington to Brady so bad...

Sure it was the hot topic a few years back, 2002, but that's about it. Brady is hands down better than Penny in every phaze of the QB position, just leave it at that. Their is no point in comparing the two...

A good comparison would be Brady vs. Palmer, something like that. But Pennington is not even in the same class as those guys and will never be.

If you can't see that his Pennington vs Brady stats were made to compare the two offenses and not the two quarterbacks, then you have no business using the internet. You're better off sticking to pop-ups, coloring books, and the like.

The jets have thrown 307 passes from 0 to 10 yards thats 72% of the total passes thrown.

The pats have 325 passes thrown from 0 to 10 yards and thats 71.7% of the total passes thrown.

So the jets are 0.3% more of a dink and dunk team then the patsys are...

So I see you answered your own question. Was a whole thread really necessary?

The jets have thrown 307 passes from 0 to 10 yards thats 72% of the total passes thrown.

The pats have 325 passes thrown from 0 to 10 yards and thats 71.7% of the total passes thrown.

So the jets are 0.3% more of a dink and dunk team then the patsys are...

The Jets strength on O is their WR one is in the top 5 and one is in the top 20 in receptions. The Pats strength is in their TE and running backs. The Jets Dink and Dunk because they have a QB who is unable to zip the ball in and requires either a wide open WR or a jump ball between a single covered WR. The Pats dink and dunk beacuse they have a weak WR group that is also learning to work with the O on the fly.

The Dink and Dunk that the Pats run has a very good TD to INT ratio because even though they have a weak WR group, opposing D's respect their QB's arm. The Jets Dink and Dunk O is built around a QB who can't exploit a very talented WR combination and has turned what should be a low risk O into one that has a high INT to TD ratio.

The Jets strength on O is their WR one is in the top 5 and one is in the top 20 in receptions. The Pats strength is in their TE and running backs. The Jets Dink and Dunk because they have a QB who is unable to zip the ball in and requires either a wide open WR or a jump ball between a single covered WR. The Pats dink and dunk beacuse they have a weak WR group that is also learning to work with the O on the fly.

The Dink and Dunk that the Pats run has a very good TD to INT ratio because even though they have a weak WR group, opposing D's respect their QB's arm. The Jets Dink and Dunk O is built around a QB who can't exploit a very talented WR combination and has turned what should be a low risk O into one that has a high INT to TD ratio.

Now that was one great analysis.

Nicely done Biggs.

Now that was one great analysis.

Nicely done Biggs.

TX-In all fairness to Chad you have to respect what he has done based on his physical ability. As much as I understand his physical limitations, I do respect the fact that he is a very smart competitor and in this league that wins a lot. To compare him to the handfull of elite NFL QB's which Brady is among is stupid but knocking Pennington for his physical limitations is also stupid.

Another Chad thread gone bad... this thing should have been locked long ago....

Why cant everyone just agree on the obvious

Brady > Chad

Both the Jets and the Pats have a "Dink & Dunk" short passing game this year.

Its really that simple.

Big difference.

The Pats offense is done by design (because Braday has the ability/physical tools, to air it out with the best of them), the Jets is out of necessity.

Both the Jets and the Pats O are running them to fit their personal. If you believe BB isn't a dope, he is doing it because it fits the personal he has. Brady may have the arm but apparently his HC and OC don't think the Pats have the talent to run a downfield passing attack that will be more effective than a dink and dunk attack. I agree with you that isn't a reflection on Brady as much as it's a reflection on the overall talent of the Offense and/or a lack of confidence by BB to go down field with the ball a higher % of the time.

Big difference.

The Pats offense is done by design (because Braday has the ability/physical tools, to air it out with the best of them), the Jets is out of necessity.

OK so why cant you just agree with me...

You think that BB has the option to throw downfield but just doesnt??? He would rather take 10 yards at a time rather than 20-40???

Both of our teams do it out of necessity, the Pats dont have all the tools to throw downfield vs dink and dunk or they would.

Basically your "by choice" idea means your coaches are idiots... its not by choice your team cant do it either...

Basically your arguement is that the Jets do it becuase they have to, due to Chads arm strength.

But you claim the Pats do it by choice yet they are also lacking a key component (WR's) that can accomplish this type of offense...

Your theory reeks of Bias and makes no sense...

Both the Jets and the Pats O are running them to fit their personal. If you believe BB isn't a dope, he is doing it because it fits the personal he has. Brady may have the arm but apparently his HC and OC don't think the Pats have the talent to run a downfield passing attack that will be more effective than a dink and dunk attack. I agree with you that isn't a reflection on Brady as much as it's a reflection on the overall talent of the Offense and/or a lack of confidence by BB to go down field with the ball a higher % of the time.

I totally agree with you Biggs.

There is no way in hell you can run a vertical passing offense with WR's that can't get separation downfield.

Big difference.

Let's see, what you said was that the Pats do the dink and dunk thing by choice, unlike the Jets. Therefore you are implying that Brady has the receivers to "air it out with the best of them."

Deion Branch is playing on the Seahawks by the way.

Archived