Plaxico Burress

StillerPaul

I've seen alot of negative vibes with Jet fans concerning this guy. Sure, he will want big money but i think if everything fell through with Coles, Plax would be a decent pickup for the Jets (I fully understand i'm 'bout to get bashed :lol: ).

Heres how he can help you guys.....

MANY times during his career with the Steelers he, and not Hines Ward was taking on the double team from opponents freeing up Hines and El to take the short pass and turn it into first downs etc.

Does me often drop the catchable pass? Yes

Does he make rookie mistakes at times? Yes

Does he consitently make the tough catch? Yes

Does he go over the middle fearless? Yes

Can he stretch the field and be a true deep threat? Yes

Just some random thoughts and onpinions on the guy from a Steelers fan, gang.

I believe Herm can coach this guy up and he can be a key contributor to your offense if signed.

Good post Paul.

I agree with Bit though. This team has other more pressing needs. Safety, Offensve Tackle.

A WR would be nice, but the holes have to be replaced first.

How do you "replace a hole" exactly? A hole is a negative space lacking matter. Is there a way to replace the absence of matter with the absence of matter? Speaking of matter, what's the matter with you? Whattyoo Stoonads?

I badly wanted Burress whenever he was coming out of college. I thought he'd be the perfect replacement for Keyshawn Johnson.

However, it's five years later and Burress has proven to be a huge dissapointment, IMO. He has all the talent in the world to be a dominant #1, yet he performs like a #2. He's an underachiever and is exactly the type of player that I don't want on the Jets.

contrary to what about 90% of posters are writing, WR is not a NEED - it is a WANT - the team isn't going to spend that sort of money on PLEX...
I thought it was our OC who needed another WR?

How can we run 4 and 5 WR sets without another wideout?

Chrebet is done

If the Moss-Coles trade doesn't happen I'd love to have Plexie Glass here, I remember wanting him back in the day on draft day and then Pittsburgh took him which switched to me hoping Chad would fall to us. How great it would be to have those 2 together, at least in my mind.

I guess what i am trying to tell you guys is that

A.) He actually put up above average numbers 3 years prior to us returning to a run oriented O

AND

B.) Dispite popular belief, he took on most of the double teams that freed up Ward and El.

To quote a Baltimore Raven player ( Gary Baxter i believe) " We're more concerned with keeping Plax in check than we are Ward"

DO you think he takes plays off ,ala moss??

No i honestly don't think that at all. I just think he gets a bit frustrated when he doesn't get enough looks and doesn't feel he's included much in gameplanning.

I've met the guy in person and can tell ya from a fans point of view that he's very personable and polite ( of course most players would be to fans i suppose). But i thought the guy was genuine.

I respect your opinion StillerPaul about Burress.

You have certainly more insight and perspective from seeing him play than myself-I just have gotten the impression that he has underachieved with his talent. When I look at Steelers I am respectful of Ward who I think is the opposite very underrated as a receiver.

Archived