Sign in to follow this  
SouthernJet

Luxury Tax plus 200 million = hilarious

whats that? 225 million to get zilch.

whats next, buying players and assigning them to yank farm teasm so no one else can copmpete,,

salary cap is need bigtime,,this is crazy.

baseball has gotten to such a uneven playing field that its not even fair anymore for smaller market teams.

only a complete dullard would whine about the yankee payroll after the baseball wide spending spree that went on this year. and even more moronic is a met fan whos team is about to spend 100+ million on a number 3 starter. the yankees arn't the ones giving out these absurd contracts.

the yankees arn't the ones giving out these absurd contracts.

Not this season anyway

only a complete dullard would whine about the yankee payroll after the baseball wide spending spree that went on this year. and even more moronic is a met fan whos team is about to spend 100+ million on a number 3 starter. the yankees arn't the ones giving out these absurd contracts.

you're right, they have a 40 man roster of $225 million worth of non-absurd contracts. ;)

you're right, they have a 40 man roster of $225 million worth of non-absurd contracts. ;)

the yankee payroll is around 180 right now.

MOST teams have the money.. it's if they want to spend it is the key.

And yet... they got soundly thrashed by the Tigers. Go figure.

not as bad as the tigers embarrassed themselves against a 82 win team in the world series. 3 letters: P F P.

hhaha

POTW nominee

Madmike still seems upset the Yanks got ticked..

only 185 million,, hahah priceless,,,

hhaha

POTW nominee

Madmike still seems upset the Yanks got ticked..

only 185 million,, hahah priceless,,,

i'm not upset. i'd glad the owner of the team i root for cares so much about winning. Boston's and the mets' payrolls are gonna be well over 160 mill this coming season. why aren't you bitching about them? the yankee payroll is coming back to the pack.

not as bad as the tigers embarrassed themselves against a 82 win team in the world series. 3 letters: P F P.

Actually, the yanks looked more lost than the Tigers did, against a team that is twice as good as the Yanks. Why? They have good pitching. Do you remember what that is, in the Bronx? Nope? Didn't think so.

That and the Tigers actually advanced past the first round. All I have to say is scoreboard, Yankee fan. You haven't got a leg to stand on.

i'm not upset. i'd glad the owner of the team i root for cares so much about winning. Boston's and the mets' payrolls are gonna be well over 160 mill this coming season. why aren't you bitching about them? the yankee payroll is coming back to the pack.

Mike-I suggest you actually research something, before you just put it in a post to make a point.

The Mets payroll will be nowhere near 160 million in 2007

Actually, the yanks looked more lost than the Tigers did, against a team that is twice as good as the Yanks. Why? They have good pitching. Do you remember what that is, in the Bronx? Nope? Didn't think so.

That and the Tigers actually advanced past the first round. All I have to say is scoreboard, Yankee fan. You haven't got a leg to stand on.

The yankees didn't lose because of their pitching. They lost because they stopped hitting at the wrong time. You don't have a leg to stand on because you didn't win it all. I like how you haven't made the playoffs in 20 years then you have one good year and tiger fans are all talking crap lol.

Mike-I suggest you actually research something, before you just put it in a post to make a point.

The Mets payroll will be nowhere near 160 million in 2007

It's gonna be close to that after they sign zito.

The yankees didn't lose because of their pitching. They lost because they stopped hitting at the wrong time. You don't have a leg to stand on because you didn't win it all. I like how you haven't made the playoffs in 20 years then you have one good year and tiger fans are all talking crap lol.

And you have a leg to stand on? With your first round exit? so what? You're a Cards fan now? You're a bandwagon jumper. You're the worse kind of fan. The Yanks lost cause they didn't have the pitching to shut down the Tigers hitting and the Tigers pitching shut down the Yanks. Live with it. Deal with it. You lost to a team that had one good year, as you put it. And their one good year is only going to get better.

What?

The Yankees hitters did underachieve, but the pitching gave up a .309 average and 5.56 ERA.

That was a collective failure.

What?

The Yankees hitters did underachieve, but the pitching gave up a .309 average and 5.56 ERA.

That was a collective failure.

That ERA was pushed way up because of the 4th game where wright spit the bit. The yankees clearly lost that series because they couldn't hit pitchers why they have hit very well in the past like bonderman and rogers. Thats why they lost.

And you have a leg to stand on? With your first round exit? so what? You're a Cards fan now? You're a bandwagon jumper. You're the worse kind of fan. The Yanks lost cause they didn't have the pitching to shut down the Tigers hitting and the Tigers pitching shut down the Yanks. Live with it. Deal with it. You lost to a team that had one good year, as you put it. And their one good year is only going to get better.
Thats what the white sox said after last y ear too so i'd cool it with the tigers dynasty talk. No i'm not a cards fan but that series said alot about the fact that the yankee hitters that spit the bit against pitchers they normally own like bonderman and rogers and how that was the reason they lost. The yankees had more then enough pitching to win the series last season but they couldn't overcome their entire lineup stopping hitting against pitching they have hit historically. Thats more of a fluke then anything else...

Tell me again how the cards are "twice as good" as the yankees please. (please use facts to back up your argument.)

It's gonna be close to that after they sign zito.

Mike, show me a link where they will be within 30 mill of 160 mill payroll if they even sign Zito. You make it sound like you have this on credible authority.

BTW-Are the Yankees trying to win less, with this shedding of payroll? Just curious.

Mike, show me a link where they will be within 30 mill of 160 mill payroll if they even sign Zito. You make it sound like you have this on credible authority.

BTW-Are the Yankees trying to win less, with this shedding of payroll? Just curious.

Do the math yourself. If they do sign zito (and i think they will) they will be very close to 160 and when the yankees trade RJ they will be around 170 so the gap is clearly shrinking between the yankees and the rest of the teams.(Boston will probably spend close to 200 million this year when you count the matsuzaka post.)

As far as the yankee deal of shedding payroll, if they were just dumping players for nothing then i would clearly have a problem with it but thats not the case. every move the yankees have made brought them back good prospects who will help the team long into the future and they have done so without hurting the major league roster at all. They are gonna have a better team but with a lower payroll and more flexibility.

Do the math yourself. If they do sign zito (and i think they will) they will be very close to 160 and when the yankees trade RJ they will be around 170 so the gap is clearly shrinking between the yankees and the rest of the teams.(Boston will probably spend close to 200 million this year when you count the matsuzaka post.)

As far as the yankee deal of shedding payroll, if they were just dumping players for nothing then i would clearly have a problem with it but thats not the case. every move the yankees have made brought them back good prospects who will help the team long into the future and they have done so without hurting the major league roster at all. They are gonna have a better team but with a lower payroll and more flexibility.

Mike, again, please show me what their payroll is with real $$$, rather than MadMike made up numbers.

Do you think they shed any payroll? You really post fairy tale posts sometimes.

It is hard to take you seriously.

Good God, he tells me to do teh math when he has no strating point to begin with.

Mike, again, please show me what their payroll is with real $$$, rather than MadMike made up numbers.

Do you think they shed any payroll? You really post fairy tale posts sometimes.

It is hard to take you seriously.

Good God, he tells me to do teh math when he has no strating point to begin with.

It's not my fault you don't feel like doing some research and finding out real information instead of relying on me to look it up for you. All you do is attack me without proving anything yourself. I'm not getting into another Met Yankee payroll argument with you because it's pointless. The only point i was trying to make in this thread is that there are ALOT of other teams spending alot of money this offseason who ain't the yankees.

It's not my fault you don't feel like doing some research and finding out real information instead of relying on me to look it up for you. All you do is attack me without proving anything yourself. I'm not getting into another Met Yankee payroll argument with you because it's pointless. The only point i was trying to make in this thread is that there are ALOT of other teams spending alot of money this offseason who ain't the yankees.

LOL-You are a piece of work. You throw the number 160 million out there, like it is gospel, and I ask you to post some proof to the number, and you ask me to do the research.

I know this, the Mets payroll to start this years was 102 mill. If you believe that they are going to increase that close to 60% this year, well, all my beliefs about you making things up to benefit I don't know what, are true.

Truly comical.

LOL-You are a piece of work. You throw the number 160 million out there, like it is gospel, and I ask you to post some proof to the number, and you ask me to do the research.

I know this, the Mets payroll to start this years was 102 mill. If you believe that they are going to increase that close to 60% this year, well, all my beliefs about you making things up to benefit I don't know what, are true.

Truly comical.

They have already increased it around 20 million and are going to sign more players but as usual you skew the point of the thread. I could care less what the payroll of the mets is. The point i was making (which no one seems to want to respond to) is that there are MANY other teams throwing out of money around who aren't the Yankees.

I probably should've said around 140 instead of 160 but that dosn't change the main point of the thread.

I probably should've said around 140 instead of 160 but that dosn't change the main point of the thread.

You are STILL wrong and it changes the point significantly.

I am done trying to have a reasonable dialogue with you. reasonable is not a way a person can converse with you.

You are STILL wrong and it changes the point significantly.

I am done trying to have a reasonable dialogue with you. reasonable is not a way a person can converse with you.

They have added 20 million to their payroll this off season that puts them at 122 million using YOUR NUMBER. I said AFTER they signed zito thats 122 + 17 which is what he's asking for . That puts their payroll at around 139 million which is around 140 million therefore i'm right if i had said 140 million i would've been right. That doesn't change boston's spending spree or the cubs spending spree or any of the many other teams that are throwing money around and the fact that the yankees are CUTTING payroll.

They have added 20 million to their payroll this off season that puts them at 122 million using YOUR NUMBER. I said AFTER they signed zito thats 122 + 17 which is what he's asking for . That puts their payroll at around 139 million which is around 140 million therefore i'm right if i had said 140 million i would've been right. That doesn't change boston's spending spree or the cubs spending spree or any of the many other teams that are throwing money around and the fact that the yankees are CUTTING payroll.

Pre-Zito Mets Salaries: 102Mil

Post Zito (assuming a 17mil per year) 119mil

LL

Pre-Zito Mets Salaries: 102Mil

Post Zito (assuming a 17mil per year) 119mil

LL

LL...are you sure that the 102 mil is accurate? I was trying to look in to this a bit myself and it said the Mets were at 102 going in to 07 but the web site I found it on didn't appear to include any of the new contracts such as Alou, Glavine extension, El Duque, etc.

LL...are you sure that the 102 mil is accurate? I was trying to look in to this a bit myself and it said the Mets were at 102 going in to 07 but the web site I found it on didn't appear to include any of the new contracts such as Alou, Glavine extension, El Duque, etc.

Those new contracts put them at about 120 as i've said.

Alright, here's what I was able to find

Mets payroll without any of the contracts given out this off-season

$83 million

Mets have given out $ 34.65 mil in new contracts for '07 (according to ESPN.com) so far bringing the total to $117 mil.

If Zito is added @ approx $17 mil it would put the Mets at $134 mil.

Again, I'm not sure that the site I found was absolutely 100% accurate but there weren't many sites with up to date contracts going in to '07.

Alright, here's what I was able to find

Mets payroll without any of the contracts given out this off-season

$83 million

Mets have given out $ 34.65 mil in new contracts for '07 (according to ESPN.com) so far bringing the total to $117 mil.

If Zito is added @ approx $17 mil it would put the Mets at $134 mil.

Again, I'm not sure that the site I found was absolutely 100% accurate but there weren't many sites with up to date contracts going in to '07.

I just got back an E-Mail from a "well-connected friend" (and let's leave it at that). His figures are very close to yours.

85.6 million as of the start of the FA period. Added just under 36 million in FA contracts and related bonuses. Total for salary cap purposes is in the 121.6 million range.

Adding Zito would bring this total to the 137 area, depending if the reported 16 million per is accurate.

I just got back an E-Mail from a "well-connected friend" (and let's leave it at that). His figures are very close to yours.

85.6 million as of the start of the FA period. Added just under 36 million in FA contracts and related bonuses. Total for salary cap purposes is in the 121.6 million range.

Adding Zito would bring this total to the 137 area, depending if the reported 16 million per is accurate.

So, not really close to 160 million and certianly not "well over 160 Mill" as Mike stated.