Luxury Tax plus 200 million = hilarious

SouthernJet

Thats what the white sox said after last y ear too so i'd cool it with the tigers dynasty talk. No i'm not a cards fan but that series said alot about the fact that the yankee hitters that spit the bit against pitchers they normally own like bonderman and rogers and how that was the reason they lost. The yankees had more then enough pitching to win the series last season but they couldn't overcome their entire lineup stopping hitting against pitching they have hit historically. Thats more of a fluke then anything else...

Who said anything about a Tigers dynasty? Now you're putting words in my mouth, because you can't refute what I'm saying. And, obviously, the Yanks can't "own" pitchers like Bonderman. You know why? Cause Jeremy rocked them. That's why.

And why the Tigers have a shot at a dynasty? They have pitching. Young pitching. And, apparently, the Yanks didn't have enough pitching... because they didn't win.

Oh, and how are the Cards twice as good as the Yanks? Well, I could just say they won the World Series, which is a fact... but you'll come out and say how they don't deserve it, or some stupid crap. Or I could say how they beat the Mets in the playoffs. Or something else.

Who said anything about a Tigers dynasty? Now you're putting words in my mouth, because you can't refute what I'm saying. And, obviously, the Yanks can't "own" pitchers like Bonderman. You know why? Cause Jeremy rocked them. That's why.

And why the Tigers have a shot at a dynasty? They have pitching. Young pitching. And, apparently, the Yanks didn't have enough pitching... because they didn't win.

Oh, and how are the Cards twice as good as the Yanks? Well, I could just say they won the World Series, which is a fact... but you'll come out and say how they don't deserve it, or some stupid crap. Or I could say how they beat the Mets in the playoffs. Or something else.

1. The yankees have hit Bonderman VERY well in his career. He's 2-4 with a 5.01 ERA vs them over his career and his numbers this past year were even worse then that. What the hell does "he rocked them" mean? One game means nothing.

2. The Tigers have 2 very good young pitchers in Verlander and Bonderman however the yankees ALSO are loaded with young pitching. They have Wang heading their rotation who was better then any other pitcher on either team last season and a virtual parade of great pitching prospects headed by the best pitching prospect in baseball, phil hughes and homberto sanchez who they stole from the tigers for a 39 year old malcontent.

3. The playoffs are a crapshoot. Thats why worse teams win. It's the nature of baseball. If you think the 82 win cards are better then the 97 win yankees or the mets who dominated all year you're just not living in reality. The reality of baseball is that the best team doesn't always win.

you're right, they have a 40 man roster of $225 million worth of non-absurd contracts. ;)

And how many of those "Absurd" contracts did the Yankee FO actually give out?

You guys are hilarious. The Mets & Redsox just spent a ton of money and we are still talking about the Yankees who haven't spent any big money this offseason. How does one look past their own team to mock another team?

I admitted that i made a mistake and that i should've said around 140 million. All you care about doing is attacking me not having a real discussion.

You need to learn to stop debates when you are ridiculously overwhelmed, rather than hopelessly overwhelmed.

You arguing points that you havbe no basis on backing what you have said, make you look very foolish. Only more so would be debating that point.

i'm not upset. i'd glad the owner of the team i root for cares so much about winning. Boston's and the mets' payrolls are gonna be well over 160 mill this coming season. why aren't you bitching about them? the yankee payroll is coming back to the pack.

Again Mike, what is the main point of you ridiculous statement that you CAN'T substantiate other than the "well over 160 million payroll" comment?

Please take a debating course at college. Having a point, and understanding your own point are SO much important when actually conversing on a point.

What's 30 or 40 million amongst friends? :P

Hey MBN -- where are the Yankees sitting right now payroll wise?

Roughly 180 million. This includes Petitte, Moose, Posada (option), but not Wang, or Villone, or the kids who probably will sign for the minimum, or near it, like Rasner, Kartsens, Melky, etc. Also does not include Britton (guy from the Birds for Wright). Does include 14.5 million for Randy though, not the deferred portion (1.5 million).

A few weeks ago I heard that Damon was deferring 1 million per year of his 13 million. So that makes his "Cap" number 12 million, not 13 million.

Of course, this also does not include Clemens (except for the deferred portion - $950,000) of his 2003 contract) or Zito. ;)

Roughly 180 million. This includes Petitte, Moose, Posada (option), but not Wang, or Villone, or the kids who probably will sign for the minimum, or near it, like Rasner, Kartsens, Melky, etc. Also does not include Britton (guy from the Birds for Wright). Does include 14.5 million for Randy though, not the deferred portion (1.5 million).

A few weeks ago I heard that Damon was deferring 1 million per year of his 13 million. So that makes his "Cap" number 12 million, not 13 million.

Of course, this also does not include Clemens (except for the deferred portion - $950,000) of his 2003 contract) or Zito. ;)

So there's a good chance that they're significantly lower with Wright off the books and RJ quite possibly on the way out. Wouldn't that be about another 20 mil. off the books?

Again Mike, what is the main point of you ridiculous statement that you CAN'T substantiate other than the "well over 160 million payroll" comment?

Please take a debating course at college. Having a point, and understanding your own point are SO much important when actually conversing on a point.

Sorry Bud, It's YOU who doesn't understand the point not me. If the mets payroll was 160 million 130 million or 290 million doesn't matter. My point about the other teams in baseball spending money and vastly outspending the yankees is a valid one but you don't want to address that point because you'll clearly lose that argument so instead you'll keep repeating the same sentence over and over again even though i admitted that i misspoke. Get over yourself.

So there's a good chance that they're significantly lower with Wright off the books and RJ quite possibly on the way out. Wouldn't that be about another 20 mil. off the books?

Wright is already out of the equation.

Trading Randy, drops the figure by 14.5 million for "cap" purposes.

Archived