Future Stars in this Year's Day Two

The Troll

What picks made today do you believe will go on to be, if not superstars, very productive players for the next decade or so?

Mine:

WR Fred Gibson, Steelers (4/132) - Gibson reminds of Plaxico Burress. He will start alongside Hines Ward for a long time if he can stay out of trouble.

Junius Coston, C Packers (5/143) - Will take time to develop, but will reward big divedends two or three years down the line.

Dan Orlovsky, QB Lions (5/145) - Will be the heir apparent once Harrington is forced out of Detroit after this season.

Adrian McPherson, QB Saints (5/152) - Perfect fit for the Saints. His Aaron Brooks with a brain, instead of rocks.

Michael Boley, OLB Falcons (5/160) - All he does is make plays. Reminds me of a less-talented Jonathan Vilma. Size isn't the best in the world, but his motor is stuck on 11.

Bo Scaife, TE Titans (6/179) - Would have likely went much higher if it weren't for injury concerns. Has great hands and is a solid blocker.

Scott Mruckzkowski, C Bowling Green (7/242) - Fundamentally-sound and versatile. San Diego is a good fit.

There's several more players on day two that had huge value, like Antaj Hawthorne, Jerome Mathis, C.J. Moseley, and Marion Barber III. These other guys are more or less my sleepers.

Lions (pick 184, 6th round) Bill Swancutt.

I think he's going to do damn well for the Lions.

Jets (pick 182, 6th round) Cedric Houston.

He's a possible stud. This was a fairly deep running back class, and he'll have a few years to learn and become comfortable in the NFL.

Bucs (pick 141, 5th round) Donte Nicholson.

A possible stud for the Bucs.

Steelers (pick 166, 5th round) Rian Wallace.

Another linebacker for this linebacker factory. You can't pick against any late round linebacker that is gonig to the Steelers.

Cardinals (pick 111, round 4) Elton Brown.

A lineman who had a first round grade, who slipped, and is going into a damn good situation.

Adrian McPherson, QB Saints (5/152) - Perfect fit for the Saints. His Aaron Brooks with a brain, instead of rocks.

Isn't he the guy that got busted trying to forge a check or something? Yeah, he's got some real brains. :lol:

Archived