Pouha was a bad pick in round 3

YJF

The guy was a reach. I like the player but The Jets took him too high in my opinion. There were other players on the board that were better at NT.

Players like Ronald Fields, Anttaj Hawthorne and Anthony Bryant. I can understand passing on Hawthorne. We just drafted Justin Miller(can't believe it). We might have our hands full there.

Pouha is a 26 year old who was an average college player.I know he's a great character guy and extremely powerful and maybe Donnie Henderson sees Maake Kemoeatu from The Ravens in this player but he could have been had him later in my opinion and would not have been my choice.

The Jets missed the boat in round 3. Can't pass up Ronald Fields there.

Pouha is the only pick, I have a real issue with. Hope he proves me wrong.

It's clear that The Jets draft was a special teams draft. They got these double duty players to come in and compete for backup roles on day two and the top two picks are dynamic special teams players in Nugent and Miller.

Dreesen can do it all. Long snap, play FB, H-Back and TE. Sounds like the perfect #3 TE. Maddox and Rhodes are good young safeties who have great special teams value.

Harry Williams is one of those small school sleepers who may or may not stick. He's 6'3 and can fly. A deep threat but he sounds like a practice squad guy to me.

yeah, I was like WTF, not that I didn't know who he was, I knew who he was.

But his production at UTAH was not very good at all.

C.J. Mosley would have been a far better choice IMO (and he was a 6th rd draft pick)

Pouha might be 25 right now, but he has little wear and tear on that frame. He only played college football for 2 seasons so it's ok.

Harry Williams has practice squad written all over him.

In regards to Pouha:

As the saying goes, it's never a reach unless he's a bust.

When it's all said and done I think Pouha is going to turn out alright for us and probably will start along side Abe, Ellis and D-Train on the line this year and I think he'll play pretty damn well.

I'd rather have Anttaj Hawthorne but oh well, I believe in Pouha that he can be just as good as Fergie was.

When it's all said and done I think Pouha is going to turn out alright for us and probably will start along side Abe, Ellis and D-Train on the line this year and I think he'll play pretty damn well.

I think Josh will be the starter along side Abe, Ellis and D-Rob. Pouha will probably get more snaps than Tank Reed, but he's a groomer at first. Perhaps he'll upset Josh at some point, but it's too soon to tell.

We needed a big guy though, I like pick. We'll see...

There's a reason that they have OTAs, Training Camp, Preseason and actually play a 16 game schedule. If 'paper talent' was the cornerstone for winning the title the Lions would have 35 super bowls

Everyone understands and knows that but my point is not whether or not, The Jets should have taken him.

It's about where they took him. I think we could have gotten him on day 2.

I think Josh will be the starter along side Abe, Ellis and D-Rob. Pouha will probably get more snaps than Tank Reed, but he's a groomer at first. Perhaps he'll upset Josh at some point, but it's too soon to tell.

We needed a big guy though, I like pick. We'll see...

I agree with LadyJet. I like Pouha, and if he can come in an dthrow 6'4" 330 lbs. of muscle around in JFerg's old spot, I'll be thrilled. Big DT's don't put up stats anyway, and if Pouha can body slam a few centers to give DRob and Ellis more room to work, then he could be the best pick we've made in this draft. You can't teach size and strength like that, I tellya.

Archived