Well Thank God we drafted the Superstar Kicker :)

Lady Jet

He may very well be our leading scorer this year considering that we failed to address the huge gap on our O-Line.

Maybe our new kick/punt returner/future CB Miller can get the ball out to at least the 35 or 40 or so, and then Mr. Iron Leg Nugent can boot a 75 yarder or so for 3. That way, after turnstile Jones gets Chad planted on the turf for another 3 and out, we score 3 points every possession. :) Bo - oo - ha ha ha. (my new laugh in honor of our beefy DT :))

OK, in all seriousness, why was the O-Line not addressed? What about Khalif Barnes instead of Nugent? Can someone please tell me that Barnes is a bust waiting to happen and that Adrian Jones is the man to beat at tackle?

Don't get me wrong, I like the Nugent pick and it's nice to know that we have hopefully wrapped up the kicking postion for the next decade or so, (fingers crossed) but I just do not believe that this was our biggest need.

I asked Adrian Jones yesterday about starting next year. He was at the ESPN ZONE Draft Day Party.

He made it clear that he is up for the challenge and will not disappoint.

Thank Max, I feel so much better. :lol:

Seriously, are we done at tackle? Jones and Fabini? That's where we stand?

Best pick.....the next ADAM VVVVVenateri. I think picking a kicker was a TYPICAL JET pick why change things now?? #-o

I agree.

The guy has yet to make one FG in the NFL and you guys continue to refer to him as a "superstar", "franchise" kicker.

Only delusional Jet fans.

tell me about shane. is he scrawny? faggy like a grad student?

Shane is scary. But he moves around so much and talks so fast the girls never really get to take inventory of him.

As a result they love him. He had them lining up. I am pretty sure the Miller Lite girls are moving to Rochester to be with him.

Plus there were the Swimsuit models that spent lots of time with him.

I am sad to report, the man is a legend.

BLONDE QUESTION: Did the PATS pick ANYBODY? #-o

Actually, when you factor in the Pats additional 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks they accumulated for the 2006 draft, they ended up having a much better overall draft than the Jets.

But then again, Jets FO is so short-sighted they are lucky to see the end of their noses, let alone have a game plan for a long-term vision.

A friggn' kicker in the 2nd round? :shock::shock::shock:

Actually, when you factor in the Pats additional 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks they accumulated for the 2006 draft, they ended up having a much better overall draft than the Jets.

But then again, Jets FO is so short-sighted they are lucky to see the end of their noses, let alone have a game plan for a long-term vision.

A friggn' kicker in the 2nd round? :shock::shock::shock:

a 3rd round guard in the 1st round?

You're right. The Pats will be drafting a lot higher next year so that was a good move picking up those extra picks.

The Pats actually deviated from their past recent history of building their offensive line by drafting high two offensive linemen- they have built their line through low round and undrafted free agent signings in the past

The Pats actually deviated from their past recent history of building their offensive line by drafting high two offensive linemen- they have built their line through low round and undrafted free agent signings in the past

Exactly right faba, this was a huge deviation from past philosophy.

Q: Why didn't the JETS take an OL?

A: Imagine going to the supermarket to get turkey sliced breast for sandwiches. You get to the Deli counter and you can see clearly that the Turkey is slimey and old, not only that but they are charging 1.99 a pound for this saran wrapped dysentary just so they can move the crap.

that's what this year's OL crop was like - slimey turkey that 3 out of 4 times will only make you sick. I know It's tough to remember that they hold the draft every year but better off waiting until the new delivery is in (next draft class).

Next year there will be at least 7 names at the OT position more highly regarded than this year's best OL.

Also even if they had drafted a OL that guaruntees NOTHING. These guys are big projects most of the time.

A: Imagine going to the supermarket to get turkey sliced breast for sandwiches. You get to the Deli counter and you can see clearly that the Turkey is slimey and old, not only that but they are charging 1.99 a pound for this saran wrapped dysentary just so they can move the crap.

that's what this year's OL crop was like - slimey turkey that 3 out of 4 times will only make you sick. I know It's tough to remember that they hold the draft every year but better off waiting until the new delivery is in (next draft class).

Next year there will be at least 7 names at the OT position more highly regarded than this year's best OL.

Also even if they had drafted a OL that guaruntees NOTHING. These guys are big projects most of the time.

We have Kevin,,,,I say NO MORE [-o<

Thanks Matt.

So, ...has anyone seen Jumbo Elliot around anywhere??? :lol: (boo-oo-ha, ha, ha)

So, the 3-time World Champions, who have also had the best drafts in recent history, take two O-Linemen in the first 3 rounds and bit says:

"that's what this year's OL crop was like - slimey turkey that 3 out of 4 times will only make you sick"

OK #-o#-o

So, the 3-time World Champions, who have also had the best drafts in recent history, take two O-Linemen in the first 3 rounds and bit says:

"that's what this year's OL crop was like - slimey turkey that 3 out of 4 times will only make you sick"

OK #-o#-o

ya know what they say TEX - past performance does not guatuntee future gains - Logan Mankins is a good player - maybe even a very good player but alot of these OL names were horrible this year - note i said 3 out of 4 - you guys might have gotten one of the only "choice cuts"

ya know what they say TEX - past performance does not guatuntee future gains - Logan Mankins is a good player - maybe even a very good player but alot of these OL names were horrible this year - note i said 3 out of 4 - you guys might have gotten one of the only "choice cuts"

That's fair enough bit.

You were (along with Ham) higher on Mankins than most of the gurus going into the draft.

And I also agree about your comment on past performance is no guarantee on future performance.

However, it is a good indicator. :wink:

That's fair enough bit.

You were (along with Ham) higher on Mankins than most of the gurus going into the draft.

And I also agree about your comment on past performance is no guarantee on future performance.

However, it is a good indicator. :wink:

The Pats are going with the philosophy that if you throw enough $hit against the wall, something might stick.

The Pats are going with the philosophy that if you throw enough $hit against the wall, something might stick.

DNA, with the Pats recent successes, you might want to change your wording to read:

"If you through enought sh*t against the wall, some small piece my fall off". :wink:

Archived