winner of the NL EAST this year

timbok

No way the Mets can repeat GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!

But it should be a fight :box:

And boring for the Braves to see the mets resembling the 19612 mets :yawn:

But i'll be posting about the Braves success ALL YEAR LONG:Typotux:

The division title is basicaly A LOCK :character42: .

Are you basing this on anything other than hope?

non-mets fans from the NL East are welcome

we've got plenty of delusional mets fans for you to argue with, don't worry timbok

Hahaha, Braves suck...ever since Mazzone left you guys have had bad pitching. The Mets will repeat and you will once again be crying as you TOMAHAWK CHOP!

Blackout..you need a life. Stick to your pro-yank threads and leave the nl east to the mets fans.

LL

Hahaha, Braves suck...ever since Mazzone left you guys have had bad pitching. The Mets will repeat and you will once again be crying as you TOMAHAWK CHOP!

Blackout..you need a life. Stick to your pro-yank threads and leave the nl east to the mets fans.

LL

i wasn't refering to you

May I please have the numbers for the nest lottery drawing.................Not!!

I don't see the Braves winning the NL East in 2007. I could even see the Phils coming in ahead of them, as well as the Mets, who should repeat as Divisional Champs, unless all the kid pitchers are bums.

May I please have the numbers for the nest lottery drawing.................Not!!

I don't see the Braves winning the NL East in 2007. I could even see the Phils coming in ahead of them, as well as the Mets, who should repeat as Divisional Champs, unless all the kid pitchers are bums.

Braves winning it is a joke...they are on the cusp of trading Andruw Jones and Adam LaRoche and plugging in young guys...

This team is sunk. The ownership is looking for a buyer so they are in a neutral position.

LL

Mets in 07 again!

Braves winning it is a joke...they are on the cusp of trading Andruw Jones and Adam LaRoche and plugging in young guys...

This team is sunk. The ownership is looking for a buyer so they are in a neutral position.

LL

Mets in 07 again!

It is hard to argue your point. In fact, the Marlins have a brighter future, with all the kids now having a full season under their belts.

lets see here do the mets have one good pitcher for an ace?

And please don't say Glavine i'll laugh.

Realy besides there offense they have no pitching what so ever.

Zito was there last chace and now they have who?

Pitching wins championships,hitting helps.

And in the National league U NEED GOOD PITCHING TO WIN

my guess is atlanta finishes last, ,am i wrong?

Tim Hudson(struggled last year but should rebound)

John Smoltz(might be old but still a good pitcher)

Mike Hampton(nobody knows how he is going to perform)

Mets staff.

Tom Glavine(i love this guy i hope he reaches 300 wins,the question is can he win without the offense doing it for him)

Pedro(struggles will continue)

Please tell me who else the Mets have that is a big name?

Tim Hudson(struggled last year but should rebound)

John Smoltz(might be old but still a good pitcher)

Mike Hampton(nobody knows how he is going to perform)

Mets staff.

Tom Glavine(i love this guy i hope he reaches 300 wins,the question is can he win without the offense doing it for him)

Pedro(struggles will continue)

Please tell me who else the Mets have that is a big name?

It's not about big names. It's about good players. Don't believe me? Randy Johnson is a pretty big name isn't he? How's that working for the Yankees. Neither the Mets nor Braves have a very good starting rotation as of right now but moves will be made and then it'll be a bit easier to get an idea as to who will do what. No way Minaya enters the season with his current pitching staff. He'll add more arms either before ST or before the All-Star break.

It's not about big names. It's about good players. Don't believe me? Randy Johnson is a pretty big name isn't he? How's that working for the Yankees. Neither the Mets nor Braves have a very good starting rotation as of right now but moves will be made and then it'll be a bit easier to get an idea as to who will do what. No way Minaya enters the season with his current pitching staff. He'll add more arms either before ST or before the All-Star break.

The Mets have a solid lineup of veterens that can still hit homers on a daily bases,while the Braves have a young and strong offense that can produce big time.

Which team has the better batting order?

The Mets have a solid lineup of veterens that can still hit homers on a daily bases,while the Braves have a young and strong offense that can produce big time.

Which team has the better batting order?

Ummm...the Mets by far.

Reyes

Wright

Delgado

Beltran

nuff said

but like you said (and I agree) pitching wins championships and at this point, neither team has anything close to a penant winning rotation.

Ummm...the Mets by far.

Reyes

Wright

Delgado

Beltran

nuff said

but like you said (and I agree) pitching wins championships and at this point, neither team has anything close to a penant winning rotation.

Reyes Wright Delgado Beltran

vs. Renteria,The Jones boys,power in Francouer,Laroche,and Mccann thats six good hitters.

both teams are even in almost everyway.

vs. Renteria,The Jones boys,power in Francouer,Laroche,and Mccann thats six good hitters.

Okay, now if you would...please explain to me how the teams are "almost even in every way" yet the Braves winning the division a "a virtual lock".

Now if the Braves do win the division, the good thing for you is that come post season, you'll be able to walk up to the ticket window five minutes before game time and get a ticket if you want to take in a ball game.

i'd take the Mets line up in 2005

I dont know what the Braves '06 lineup is going to look like though

i'd take the Mets line up in 2005

I dont know what the Braves '06 lineup is going to look like though

Pitching for Braves and Mets are both evenly sucky.

For both teams hitting is a big art of there teams.

But a manager is the reason gor wining and loseing.

Randolph is good,Cox is thee best.

If u look at it in one way you see an more expierenced brave team,to an inexpierenced team that kicked ball's last year.

But i think the bravs make it through this year.

Pitching for Braves and Mets are both evenly sucky.

For both teams hitting is a big art of there teams.

But a manager is the reason gor wining and loseing.

Randolph is good,Cox is thee best.

If u look at it in one way you see an more expierenced brave team,to an inexpierenced team that kicked ball's last year.

But i think the bravs make it through this year.

Bobby Cox is thee best?

one ring in how many playoff appearances? He's a great regular season manager...come post season it's nap time and he sleeps through the games then smacks his wife when he gets home for calling the dugout to wake him up.

Bobby Cox is thee best?

one ring in how many playoff appearances? He's a great regular season manager...come post season it's nap time and he sleeps through the games then smacks his wife when he gets home for calling the dugout to wake him up.

And Randolph is better?

And Randolph is better?

It's a pointelss part of the discussion as to which manager is better. Who knows what Willie would do with the old braves pithing staff that Cox was able to get one ring out of with over ten tries. We'll just never know. I do think that Willie proved himself last season by winning with an ancient/banged up pitching staff. He also learned A LOT of what he knows from Joe Torre who has managed to handle your manager quite well in the post season.

It's a pointelss part of the discussion as to which manager is better. Who knows what Willie would do with the old braves pithing staff that Cox was able to get one ring out of with over ten tries. We'll just never know. I do think that Willie proved himself last season by winning with an ancient/banged up pitching staff. He also learned A LOT of what he knows from Joe Torre who has managed to handle your manager quite well in the post season.

Both teams have good lineups meduim good pitching staffs(i would not have said that if they signed zito) good managers(cox is better).

How do they compare to the marlins,phillies,and nats.

Both teams have good lineups meduim good pitching staffs(i would not have said that if they signed zito) good managers(cox is better).

How do they compare to the marlins,phillies,and nats.

Nothing you've said has made a case for your statement that the Braves are a virtual lock to win the division. That's what you said in your initial post and now you're consistently saying that the two teams are very even. Which is it? Are the Braves "a lock" to win the division (if so, why) or are they "about even" in which case this whole thread is kind of pointless.

Nothing you've said has made a case for your statement that the Braves are a virtual lock to win the division. That's what you said in your initial post and now you're consistently saying that the two teams are very even. Which is it? Are the Braves "a lock" to win the division (if so, why) or are they "about even" in which case this whole thread is kind of pointless.

Ok here are my theorys.

A lock:If the Braves kept Giles,and got a new pitcher it would be a lock i was being optimistic.

And i've got some good pointers from some of you met fans.

Evenness:Pitching,Hitting,fielding,coaching,everything is just about 100% even.

Lock;wishful thinking

Evenness:realailty

Ok here are my theorys.

A lock:If the Braves kept Giles,and got a new pitcher it would be a lock i was being optimistic.

And i've got some good pointers from some of you met fans.

Evenness:Pitching,Hitting,fielding,coaching,everything is just about 100% even.

Lock;wishful thinking

Evenness:realailty

cool, as long as you're willing to acknowledge that it's no lock. If either team goes out and adds some pitching, that team will be a lock. VERY weak division that's there for any team with a GM to make deal and an owner to pay for the arms. Hell, somebody in that division would probably benefit greatly if they added a guy like Randy Johnson.

cool, as long as you're willing to acknowledge that it's no lock. If either team goes out and adds some pitching, that team will be a lock. VERY weak division that's there for any team with a GM to make deal and an owner to pay for the arms. Hell, somebody in that division would probably benefit greatly if they added a guy like Randy Johnson.

even with the help of johnson helping thats sad in my mind.:bag:

Not only are the Mets better than the Braves but so are the Phillies. The Marlins are young and hungry, they can fight with the Braves for last place. Mets pitching is weak, I'll give you that, but Omar will fix it.

Not only are the Mets better than the Braves but so are the Phillies. The Marlins are young and hungry, they can fight with the Braves for last place. Mets pitching in weak, I'll give you that, but Omar will fix it.

and the phils have who:besides howard,and utley.

And the Mets need something!!!

First they need an ace or they got NOTHING start :bag:

Archived