My two favorite lines from our draftees

Green Jets & Ham

NY POST excerpts

As for the whole of the draft, Jets' GM Bradway sounded upbeat.

"We stayed to a plan and were able to fill most of the needs we had going into the weekend," he said. "We feel good about what we did."

So, too, did some of the Jets' draft picks. Much like the confident Miller, Maddox and Williams are not lacking in self-esteem.

When asked how he compares to Oklahoma's Brodney Pool, considered the best safety in this draft ...

Maddox said, "I'm better than Brodney Pool. Brodney Pool can't tackle." :Dadd:

Said Williams, the Jets' seventh-rounder out of Division II Tuskegee:

"I told them whoever drafted me was going to get a steal . . . and they got a steal." :win:

If the Jets, who on paper had a strong draft at the top, indeed got a steal in the seventh round, then this will have been another "home run" draft.

the best quote of the weekend was by Mike Nugent which is butchered up in my sig line because it was too long, but the whole quote was something like this...

"I feel bad for Doug Brien. Just the thought of missing that kick in the AFC Divisional Game sends shudders through my spine. But, with me you don't have to worry about scenarios like that. I'm clutch. I have ice flowing through my veins. I know some people have a problem with the Jets selecting me 47th overall, but believe me, they won't regret it."

- Mike Nugent

Nothing like braggadaccio, swagger, and arrogance from a group of rookies.

Me, I'll take these quotes from Pats draftees... humility, desire, hard work, and toughness. As a fan it's great to root for a team where those are the core values.

Q: I notice in 2000 you played some middle linebacker. Is that something you would be interested in playing here?

Ryan Claridge: I

Me, I'll take these quotes from Pats draftees... humility, desire, hard work, and toughness. As a fan it's great to root for a team where those are the core values.

See, right there is the difference between a successful, winning organization and one who will always be middle-of-the-road.

A friggn' 7th-round WR from Tuskegee claiming:

"I told them whoever drafted me was going to get a steal . . . and they got a steal."

Give me a friggn' break. #-o

Yeah you are all about humility. Not like you ever post in an arrogant matter.

Arrogant? Moi?

:roll:

I swung by Bills and Fins boards today, and both fanbases are excited because of various quotes from their guys about how good they will be, things they did in college (apparantly Matt Roth once made an OT faint in practice before the snap)....

Personally I don't think that matters much. Your 7th rounder says he's a steal, what do you expect him to say? "I barely caught anything in college and I'm a developmental project."?

I'm happy the Pats picks are talking about working hard, keeping their noses to the grindstone, and how they haven't done anything yet and just want to help the team--- whatever happens that's the best attitude you could ask for.

Personally Nugent's comment particularly rubs me the wrong way. I think his college resume is as impressive as they come so it's not like there isn't some legitimacy to his claim, but at the same time to talk about how ice is in your veins and how you wouldn't miss that kick...

:roll:

Get into camp and make your first NFL kick before you start looking down on Doug Brien.

Here's a hint Nuge, people with ice in their veins aren't going around talking about it. I don't think I ever heard Larry Bird, Tom Brady, or Adam Vinatieri say "Me? I'm clutch. I have ice water in my veins."....

I think Brady was quoted as saying "I have a gerbil in my backside".

Here's a hint Nuge, people with ice in their veins aren't going around talking about it. I don't think I ever heard Larry Bird, Tom Brady, or Adam Vinatieri say "Me? I'm clutch. I have ice water in my veins."....

particularly not before they'd even reported to rookie camp.

listen...if your tryin to make jet fans feel uneasy about cocky rookies, forget it. if given the choice in a rookie between meek or bold??? yeah, i'll take bold every time!! if they need to take it down a notch, that's what coaches & vets are for.

Archived