Pete Prisco's Draft Grades

PatsFanTX

Ah, the most common response from a Jet fan when a national sportswriter speaks the unbiased truth about the Jets:

"The guy is an idiot"

Typical Jet fan response. :lol:

Maybe if you knew that Prisco is a disgruntled GIANTS fan & a big fan of Tom Coughlin (He used to write the Jacksonville beat for the Times-Union) You'ld understand why we made that statement.

But you never research, do you?

If you did, you would realize that another team did almost the similar thing back in 2000 with their 1st pick overall. I think that guy wasn't a bust - Sebastian Janikowski!

Overall, kickers drafted in the first three rounds do very well.

Janikowski

M. Gramatica

Hanson

Elam

Lohmiller

Jaegar

Kaeding

Brien

What I love about Nugent, is that he was the MVP of his team and Captain, and he kicked in similar conditions.

Janikowski

M. Gramatica

Hanson

Elam

Lohmiller

Jaegar

Kaeding

Brien

What I love about Nugent, is that he was the MVP of his team and Captain, and he kicked in similar conditions.

That's a decent number of kickers that were drafted early. Why then do all the pudits seem so shocked that the Jets would draft Nugent in the 2nd?

Janikowski

M. Gramatica

Hanson

Elam

Lohmiller

Jaegar

Kaeding

Brien

Jason Hanson, for the record, was taken by the Lions, and they haven't had to worry about a kicker for 15 years. Just some food for thought.

Archived