Clement-RT

BigOrangeJetFan

Know he is a journeyman, but I believe he played pretty well this year. Is he a keeper?

If we can get him for the same money as he's making this year, then yes. But if he somehow commands (or demands) legit starter money, then let him see what the market brings him.

Much like Brandon Moore, he'd be a top-notch backup but is still easily a below-average starter.

If we can get him for the same money as he's making this year, then yes. But if he somehow commands (or demands) legit starter money, then let him see what the market brings him.

Much like Brandon Moore, he'd be a top-notch backup but is still easily a below-average starter.

Moore is a above avrage starter. i would sign Clement to a 3 yr 4-5million deal

Moore is a above avrage starter. i would sign Clement to a 3 yr 4-5million deal

Moore is an above average BACKUP. Clement is slightly worse. There's a reason these guys have a combined salary of about $1.5M.

We need a real RG and RT. Let D'Brick & Mangold go through a full real NFL strength & conditioning program. Then see what Leon can do. I think you'd be surprised.

Maynard I think we can address DE in round 2; CB and LB in FA (we have PLENTY of cap room).

Moore is an above average BACKUP. Clement is slightly worse. There's a reason these guys have a combined salary of about $1.5M.

We need a real RG and RT. Let D'Brick & Mangold go through a full real NFL strength & conditioning program. Then see what Leon can do. I think you'd be surprised.

Maynard I think we can address DE in round 2; CB and LB in FA (we have PLENTY of cap room).

If we sign a Good OG or OT in the FA then i am happy with that. we could hopefully get briggs. that would be great.

Disagree with you spermy. Brandon Moore has been solid this year and has out played Kendall.RG is not a problem this off-season.

Clement has been very inconsistent this year,he is capable of pushing his man 5 yards down the field but can be pushed back into the runners lane.He'll be beat by speed rushers but can do a solid job against the power guys.

I want a new RT next season,Moore can't pull but does a decent job in pass protection and short yardage situations.

Disagree with you spermy. Brandon Moore has been solid this year and has out played Kendall.RG is not a problem this off-season.

Clement has been very inconsistent this year,he is capable of pushing his man 5 yards down the field but can be pushed back into the runners lane.He'll be beat by speed rushers but can do a solid job against the power guys.

I want a new RT next season,Moore can't pull but does a decent job in pass protection and short yardage situations.

You need your guards to be good in run blocking and moore just isn't very good at that. He's a backup.

You need your guards to be good in run blocking and moore just isn't very good at that. He's a backup.

And is Kendall any good run blocking?

Kendall only connects on his block about 30% of the time.Moore doesn't pull but he does a really nice job of blocking two guys on one play.He'll block the DT till the RB reaches the hole then he'll take out a guy on the second level.

And is Kendall any good run blocking?

Kendall only connects on his block about 30% of the time.Moore doesn't pull but he does a really nice job of blocking two guys on one play.He'll block the DT till the RB reaches the hole then he'll take out a guy on the second level.

We really need 2 guards. You're right.

There are only two OLmen we have right now that I like. The other 3 are fair at best.

Kendall, though he was once very good, is getting worse, not better & probably doesn't even weigh 290 lbs anymore. That's workable if we do only zone-blocking but we don't. I outlined this earlier, but what I'd LOVE to see is:

LT and C = obviously we're fine here & will only get better

LG = leave Kendall in there for 1 more year & draft a real road-grader with our second #2 pick if one of the top road-graders is still there. In 2008 (at the latest) the rookie should be the starter. If Moore or the rookie beat out Kendall then power to them.

RG = pick up a TOP free agent. There are still a few out there.

RT = Levi in round 1. No UFA's excite me unless they think Leonard Davis would be well above average & just needed to get out of Arizona, then I'm ok with that too & fire-away at BPA in round 1. (Early round 2 I still want Carriker if he looks very likely to be available that late)

I know most people want a HB in round 1, but I think Leon would surprise everyone with better OL play, another year of familiarity in the offense, a full strength & conditioning program, and another 5 lbs or so (if that). It's not like the guy is 180 lbs & I just love watching that kid change directions like he does. He's a playmaker & it would be a shame to relegate him only to 3rd downs.

Now the line is not only set for years & years (barring injury), but should consistently be one of the league's top units. Even an injury to a RB is more easily masked & doesn't spell automatic doom for the season.

I agree with Spermy-upgrade the right side of the line and Leon is a 1200 yard rusher...I keep going back to what Denver was always able to do when Kubiak was their OC-plug in just about anybody behind a good line and blocking schemes and even an undrafted FA out of the Army can get you a grand

There are only two OLmen we have right now that I like. The other 3 are fair at best.

Kendall, though he was once very good, is getting worse, not better & probably doesn't even weigh 290 lbs anymore. That's workable if we do only zone-blocking but we don't. I outlined this earlier, but what I'd LOVE to see is:

LT and C = obviously we're fine here & will only get better

LG = leave Kendall in there for 1 more year & draft a real road-grader with our second #2 pick if one of the top road-graders is still there. In 2008 (at the latest) the rookie should be the starter. If Moore or the rookie beat out Kendall then power to them.

RG = pick up a TOP free agent. There are still a few out there.

RT = Levi in round 1. No UFA's excite me unless they think Leonard Davis would be well above average & just needed to get out of Arizona, then I'm ok with that too & fire-away at BPA in round 1. (Early round 2 I still want Carriker if he looks very likely to be available that late)

I know most people want a HB in round 1, but I think Leon would surprise everyone with better OL play, another year of familiarity in the offense, a full strength & conditioning program, and another 5 lbs or so (if that). It's not like the guy is 180 lbs & I just love watching that kid change directions like he does. He's a playmaker & it would be a shame to relegate him only to 3rd downs.

Now the line is not only set for years & years (barring injury), but should consistently be one of the league's top units. Even an injury to a RB is more easily masked & doesn't spell automatic doom for the season.

I'm not sure about Davis at tackle but I think he was meant to be pretty good at guard.I'd also like to see a RT taken in the first two round,but I'd keep Moore and ditch Kendall.

Your approach is nice but the problem is that Line could be too good,you'll be paying big money contracts to the whole line and probably won't be able to keep that line intact for more than a few years.This where you need guys like Brandon Moore come in,you obviously can't have pro bowlers at every position so you need guy who can do the job and not be a liability at certain positions.That's the kind of player Moore is in my eyes,and he'll probably play even better with an actual decent RT next to him.

I agree with Spermy-upgrade the right side of the line and Leon is a 1200 yard rusher...I keep going back to what Denver was always able to do when Kubiak was their OC-plug in just about anybody behind a good line and blocking schemes and even an undrafted FA out of the Army can get you a grand

I think he was from the Marines...and it was 1500 yds & 15 TD's rushing.

Ten, I understand what you're saying, but I don't worry about having a team that's too good on either OL or DL.

I have to disagree with spending another high pick on the OL. Didn't teams like the Pats and the Broncos build good lines with lower picks and free agents? We need to save the highest picks for the skill positions on offense and defense.

I have to disagree with spending another high pick on the OL. Didn't teams like the Pats and the Broncos build good lines with lower picks and free agents? We need to save the highest picks for the skill positions on offense and defense.

The Patriots have Logan Mankins and Matt Light starting (both were first rounders). the Patriots also have drafted other linemen in round one that didn't make it.

The Broncos have also used first rounder to help build their line.

I believe that more than 70% of stating tackles in the NFL were taken in the first two rounds. Also, the best guards (Hutchinson, Faneca, Andrews, etx.) were first rounders.

Offensive line used to be an afterthought but more teams are learning that a strong line will make an offense run much better. As a result, starting free agent linemen are getting big contracts if their teams are foolish enough to let them test the market.

Maybe in a back-up role.

Need an upgrade.

Could not agree more. I really think that the line will be very good next year with 2 simple changes:

1. DBrick puts on some weight

2. An upgrade at RT

I am a huge fan of Moore's. I think he is underrated. Very much so actually. they have to decide how much Kendall has left in the tank. But I have no problem with the line next year including only one new player (RT) as long as there is better backup options at Guard as well.

Could not agree more. I really think that the line will be very good next year with 2 simple changes:

1. DBrick puts on some weight

2. An upgrade at RT

I am a huge fan of Moore's. I think he is underrated. Very much so actually. they have to decide how much Kendall has left in the tank. But I have no problem with the line next year including only one new player (RT) as long as there is better backup options at Guard as well.

I wonder if its weird for Kendall being only 2 years younger than Man Genius?

Archived