ANDRE MADDOX TO NEW YORK (scout says.....)

Barton

217169.jpg

http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/373370.html

NC State safety Andre Maddox has been selected by the New York Jets in the fifth round of the 2005 NFL Draft.

"I am so happy to be a Jet," Maddox said. "Herman Edwards is one of my favorite coaches and I'm really looking forward to playing for him. I'm also looking forward to being a Jet when we come to play at Miami so my family can see me play."

:mrgreen:

Maddox is the second Wolfpack player chosen in the 2005 Draft, joining offensive tackle Chris Colmer who was selected in the third round by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Maddox was selected with the 25th pick of the fifth round, the #161 selection overall. The 6'0, 205-pound safety will join former NC State star Jerricho Cotchery in New York with the Jets. Cotchery was a fourth round pick of the Jets in the 2004 NFL Draft and he had a productive rookie season in New York.

"I never thought that I would be Jerricho Cotchery's teammate again, but that is great," Maddox said. "The last time I was in North Carolina, he came to my house for a party and he was the last one to leave because I was asking him all kinds of questions about playing in the NFL."

Maddox started three years at NC State and was a two-time All-ACC selection. He projects as a strong safety on the next level after playing "rover" with the Wolfpack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andre Maddox says he's better than Brodney Pool & Jets Scout agrees

http://jets.scout.com/2/373394.html

After the North Carolina State safety was picked by the Jets in the fifth round, he was asked how he would compare himself to the drafts highest rated safety, Brodney Pool of Oklahoma.

"I'm better than Brodney Pool," said Maddox. "Brodney Pool can't tackle. I've seen him play."

Pool was picked in the second round by the Cleveland Browns.

Jets scout Joey Clinkscale did agree that Maddox is better than Pool on one front.

"[Maddox] is a lot more physical than Brodney Pool," said Clinkscale.

Archived