Herm- luck not involved in Chiefs making playoffs

faba

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

perfect scenario-- despite all the chiefs' fans bitching about predictable offense, poor game-planning and zero game-time adjustments, they are stuck with him for at least another two years. after the season next year there will be enough people saying "playoffs 1 out of 2 years" to let him continue to suck the identify from a once-great offensive powerhouse.

perfect scenario-- despite all the chiefs' fans bitching about predictable offense, poor game-planning and zero game-time adjustments, they are stuck with him for at least another two years. after the season next year there will be enough people saying "playoffs 1 out of 2 years" to let him continue to suck the identify from a once-great offensive powerhouse.

There are already a slew of KC BZ's chanting that mantra ;)

Just wait till LJ breaks down after breaking the NFL record for number of carries in a season. Way to ruin the future of the franchise there Herm.

at least he knows he can't lose his starting job to injury. as long as he's 92.3496723486239456%, he'll play. just like herm benching the white hot huard (he was like 12 tds, 1 int for God's sake) for trent "dizzy" green.

Dont you dare criticize any success Herm has had. He swept his damn corners. He needed 3 teams playing at home to lose their ball games and thats exactly what happened. One of the best kickers in football (S. Graham) shanked a game winning FG. Thats not luck, thats talent. That sweeping corners men.

Seriously, I do not know if its sheer stupidity, ignorance, or some of both when you think not even a little bit of luck is attributed to any sort of success you have in life. Herm, ever defenseless, took it as an insult as usual.

As much as I'm happy to be rid of him I have to give him props. He's team won, they took care of business and the chips fell right for him, just like it did for us. After the Buffalo game a lot had to go right for us to get in and it did. To our credit we won the last couple and did it, Herm did the same thing. Lucky or good the results are pretty much the same.

As much as I'm happy to be rid of him I have to give him props. He's team won, they took care of business and the chips fell right for him, just like it did for us. After the Buffalo game a lot had to go right for us to get in and it did. To our credit we won the last couple and did it, Herm did the same thing. Lucky or good the results are pretty much the same.

are you kidding? he raped that team, turned one of the most potent offenses in the league into a joke, benched huard (who was playing like a pro bowler) for trent when he came back (obviously too early) from a monstrous concussion, runs larry johnson like the pony express with zero interest in the future. herm is a guy that decimates a team so thoroughly that the only way for him to win is to pull out all stops and mortgage the long-term health of the program. if he had left huard in, LJ would've had 50 less carries down the home stretch. just wait, next year they'll have to rename "arrowhead stadium" to "arrowhead rehabilitation clinic" when herm's management results in more injuries than dien bien phu.

are you kidding? he raped that team, turned one of the most potent offenses in the league into a joke, benched huard (who was playing like a pro bowler) for trent when he came back (obviously too early) from a monstrous concussion, runs larry johnson like the pony express with zero interest in the future. herm is a guy that decimates a team so thoroughly that the only way for him to win is to pull out all stops and mortgage the long-term health of the program. if he had left huard in, LJ would've had 50 less carries down the home stretch. just wait, next year they'll have to rename "arrowhead stadium" to "arrowhead rehabilitation clinic" when herm's management results in more injuries than dien bien phu.

Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells, Bill Bellichek, Vince Lombardi would all ride a running back like Larry Johnson to the playoffs. There isn't a HC in the league who would go to battle in the playoffs with Hurd over Green.

I hated Herm but this line of attack is complete BS.

Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells, Bill Bellichek, Vince Lombardi would all ride a running back like Larry Johnson to the playoffs. There isn't a HC in the league who would go to battle in the playoffs with Hurd over Green.

"complete BS" -- excellent retort. "riding a running back" is one thing-- engaging in predictable playcalling forcing said running back to smash into 8 man fronts and running behind a neglected Oline is another.

I agree with the other guy. Herm made a big mistake not staying with Damon Huard.

"complete BS" -- excellent retort. "riding a running back" is one thing-- engaging in predictable playcalling forcing said running back to smash into 8 man fronts and running behind a neglected Oline is another.

How many SB did Joe Gibbs win doing exactly that? For all the BS about how great Elway was, it wasn't until Shanahan ran TD into the dirt that the Bronco's won two SB in a row. When you have a stud back you use him. They have a limited shelf life no matter what you do. Herm ran Martin into the ground but he almost got us to an AFC final by doing it and if he didn't, you think Martin at 33 would be any more productive than Johnson and Houston running into an 8 man front all day?

How many SB did Joe Gibbs win doing exactly that? For all the BS about how great Elway was, it wasn't until Shanahan ran TD into the dirt that the Bronco's won two SB in a row. When you have a stud back you use him. They have a limited shelf life no matter what you do. Herm ran Martin into the ground but he almost got us to an AFC final by doing it and if he didn't, you think Martin at 33 would be any more productive than Johnson and Houston running into an 8 man front all day?

my point is that huard took a ton of pressure off of LJ. when you can take a pressure off of any of your weapons while producing more points to boot, you don't sit a guy playing lights out because of some irrational attachment to a veteran. give me a break, huard was playing like an elite qb-- herm should've had the nutsack to say "sorry trent but huard's winning ball games and putting up a million points so no rush back." instead, he throws trent in, throws 15 times a game less than with huard and jacks up LJ's carries. brilliant move there, genius. but because he backs into the playoffs his decision is vindicated. i present to you the likelihood that KC would've had another victory or even two had they forced green to walk a straight line successfully before plugging him back in.

POTW Nom

:rl:

my point is that huard took a ton of pressure off of LJ. when you can take a pressure off of any of your weapons while producing more points to boot, you don't sit a guy playing lights out because of some irrational attachment to a veteran. give me a break, huard was playing like an elite qb-- herm should've had the nutsack to say "sorry trent but huard's winning ball games and putting up a million points so no rush back." instead, he throws trent in, throws 15 times a game less than with huard and jacks up LJ's carries. brilliant move there, genius. but because he backs into the playoffs his decision is vindicated. i present to you the likelihood that KC would've had another victory or even two had they forced green to walk a straight line successfully before plugging him back in.

Hurd in his career before this year threw a total of 9 TD and 8 INT's that's over an 8 year period. Now he did put up 11TD to 1 INT in 7 games this year, he also put up 7 against Pitt, 10 against Miami and 6 against Denver and 10 points against the Bengals. I'm going to suggest to you that he dominated against some very weak defensive teams other than SD and they were probably without Merriman at the time?

The second time around he would likely not have faired as well? You may be right but I doubt there are many NFL HC who would go with Hurd over Green if both were healthy? Some might but many I respect a lot more than Herm would do the same thing.

go sit in the corner till the JN Mods release you.

You may be right but I doubt there are many NFL HC who would go with Hurd over Green if both were healthy? Some might but many I respect a lot more than Herm would do the same thing.

u r just flat wrong here.

the new nfl is about winning and not 'respecting' vets or 'losing job to injury'. those days are over and Herm is one of few idiots left that would actually put a players 'feelings' over the betterment of team. thats the explayer in him. you remember, no fining players for overweight or missing lift sessions.

huard would have locked up a playoff spot for KC weeks ago.

it was a nobrainer to leave hurad in till he 'failed'.

u r just flat wrong here.

the new nfl is about winning and not 'respecting' vets or 'losing job to injury'. those days are over and Herm is one of few idiots left that would actually put a players 'feelings' over the betterment of team. thats the explayer in him. you remember, no fining players for overweight or missing lift sessions.

huard would have locked up a playoff spot for KC weeks ago.

it was a nobrainer to leave hurad in till he 'failed'.

Hurd is not the next Tom Brady he is a guy who backed up Jay Feidler, this isn't a guy who was being groomed. Cowher went right back to Rothlisberger after Batch was very solid and Rothlisberger wasn't ready. There isn't a HC out there who would go with Hurd over Green.

By the way Johnson was abused at a very similiar rate in the games Hurd was in. The idea that Hurd some how took pressure off of Johnson just doesn't corrospond to his carries.

Hurd is not the next Tom Brady he is a guy who backed up Jay Feidler, this isn't a guy who was being groomed. Cowher went right back to Rothlisberger after Batch was very solid and Rothlisberger wasn't ready. There isn't a HC out there who would go with Hurd over Green.

manu dont get it.

RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huard was hot and winning. you stick with that till it gets cold. then put green in (especially comin off concussion).

no one is debating that green would win a trainging camp battle over huard for the starting job.

but yanking huard was akin to keeping the inept mccariens in the game all year when cotchery was riding the pine.

manu dont get it.

RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huard was hot and winning. you stick with that till it gets cold. then put green in (especially comin off concussion).

no one is debating that green would win a trainging camp battle over huard for the starting job.

but yanking huard was akin to keeping the inept mccariens in the game all year when cotchery was riding the pine.

Sorry but Cotchery unlike Hurd has upside and Trent Green unlike McCariens is one of a handful of top proven players at his position.

You can kill Herm for a lot but your really trying to have it both ways here. He gets killed for playing his hot hand Johnson and killed for not playing his hot hand Hurd.

Sorry but Cotchery unlike Hurd has upside and Trent Green unlike McCariens is one of a handful of top proven players at his position.

You can kill Herm for a lot but your really trying to have it both ways here. He gets killed for playing his hot hand Johnson and killed for not playing his hot hand Hurd.

huh,, thats the point,, he could have rested LHJ more if he played THE EFFECTIVE GUY.

You like putting effective players on the pine? Please dont tell me you have the Madden Video mentality of a 'player cant lose his job due to injury' mindset.

Very JI sounding philosophy there,, protect Herm at all costs.

huh,, thats the point,, he could have rested LHJ more if he played THE EFFECTIVE GUY.

You like putting effective players on the pine? Please dont tell me you have the Madden Video mentality of a 'player cant lose his job due to injury' mindset.

Very JI sounding philosophy there,, protect Herm at all costs.

LJ didn't get rested when Hurd was in and they weren't going to get into the playoffs without putting it on LJ regardless of who was the QB. If the O was put on Hurd chances are he would have done what he always has done in an 8 year career which is nothing.

Bashing Herm for going with Green over Hurd is just plain stupid. The only reason Hurd was at all effective is because of defenses were focused on Johnson.

I didn't realize the JN philosophy was bash Herm by being dumber than Herm.

LJ didn't get rested when Hurd was in and they weren't going to get into the playoffs without putting it on LJ regardless of who was the QB. If the O was put on Hurd chances are he would have done what he always has done in an 8 year career which is nothing.

Bashing Herm for going with Green over Hurd is just plain stupid. The only reason Hurd was at all effective is because of defenses were focused on Johnson.

Ok, you win. Its always good to bench the hot hand.

Thank God you arent the coach. If Curtis Martin said he was healthy you would be putting him in.

I wrote a couple of weeks ago that I would love to see the Jets play the Chiefs in the Playoffs.

That maybe a possibility soon. AFC Championship game at the meadowlands against the Chiefs...man that would be the ultimate way the Jets could exercise the demons of the past.

If that happens, the Jets would do something like 40-7, or 41-10.

you're right-- 11 td's and 1 int doesn't take any pressure off your RB and doesn't force defenses to take some guys out of the box. uh huh.

you're right-- 11 td's and 1 int doesn't take any pressure off your RB and doesn't force defenses to take some guys out of the box. uh huh.

Johnny it was the other way around. In Hurds last game he was 15 for 38 with 201 yards and no TD's in a game where Johnson was bottled up and ran for 75 yards against Miami. The prior game he threw 3 TD's on 10 completions when Johnson ran for 172 yards a 6.4 YPC on 27 attempts. The D game planning for Johnson, stacking the line for Johnson allowed Hurd to have a few good games when the box was stacked to stop the run. When Miami stopped Johnson and Hurd had to do something he reverted to form he sucked.

The fact that Johnson can run against a stacked line made Hurd good for a few games not the other way around.

Johnny it was the other way around. In Hurds last game he was 15 for 38 with 201 yards and no TD's in a game where Johnson was bottled up and ran for 75 yards against Miami. The prior game he threw 3 TD's on 10 completions when Johnson ran for 172 yards a 6.4 YPC on 27 attempts. The D game planning for Johnson, stacking the line for Johnson allowed Hurd to have a few good games when the box was stacked to stop the run. When Miami stopped Johnson and Hurd had to do something he reverted to form he sucked.

what was huard's record with KC this year?

you know,, Ws and Ls

what was huard's record with KC this year?

you know,, Ws and Ls

5 and 3 in games he started and 5 and 4 if you include game 1 which he took the majority of the snaps. And as far as the hot hand the last game he started he had a QB rating of 57.

5 and 3 in games he started and 5 and 4 if you include game 1 which he took the majority of the snaps. And as far as the hot hand the last game he started he had a QB rating of 57.

so he was better than Green.

And nice try on the Cinncy game. Huard came in to game in 3rd quarter with Cinncy up 17-3.

You are trying too hard. ;)

Archived