Not to start this again, but....John Abe

TomShane

Mr. Modine. :D

I have gone through my feelings on this already. I'm in the minority.

We need John Abraham next season. He's an important part of our defense.

Let DeMarcus Ware (who I think can be very good) Let him make 3 pro bowls before we can compare him to Abraham. Until he does that. He is not on his level.

It's a dead issue because John Abraham CAN'T be traded. Jets own his rights but he didn't sign the tender. This will al be worked out eventually.

For Abraham to get a long term deal. He has to go out and play a full 16 game schedule and dominate like he has in his career. He's gotta earn long term security, Ellis did. Abraham didn't.

Abraham is like Jevon Kearse. Kearse is a terrific pass rusher who has a long history of getting injured.

For Abraham to get a long term deal. He has to go out and play a full 16 game schedule and dominate like he has in his career. He's gotta earn long term security, Ellis did. Abraham didn't.

Abraham is like Jevon Kearse. Kearse is a terrific pass rusher who has a long history of getting injured.

Johnny A is a great talent when he's on the field. I have to bring up the much debated "should he have played" issue. I still think he should have as I never heard from anyone in the medical field that his long term health was jeopardized by doing so. Pretty simple concept to me - the more team players we have the better team we have. If we can get the right stuff for him - get him outta here.

Would you trade John Abe to Dallas for Demarcus Ware and next year's Dallas second rounder? I would seriously consider it. Parcells drafted Marcus Spears and Chris Canty, as well. He may be looking to deal. I might do it.

Matthew (or do you prefer Matty?),

Totally agree that Parcell's will be doing more wheeling and dealing.

Can the Jets work a "sign and trade" deal with Abe and the Cowboys?

Let DeMarcus Ware (who I think can be very good) Let him make 3 pro bowls before we can compare him to Abraham. Until he does that. He is not on his level.

It's a dead issue because John Abraham CAN'T be traded. Jets own his rights but he didn't sign the tender. This will al be worked out eventually.

yjf - i have been an abe apologist the entire off-season. when healthy he is the most dominant player the jets have had since #99.

there is so much acrimony around abe, his contract, drinking, and health that i don't know how the jets can keep him happy. if he has a big year in '05 then TB will franchise him again. after chad's shoulder i think the jets are going to be hesitant to invest big $ in injury prone athletes, it just kills the cap.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

YJF, when Max finally throws me off of this website and it comes time for someone to take me out in the back yard and put a bullet in my head, I want you to be the guy to do it. That's how much I respect you. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

YJF, when Max finally throws me off of this website and it comes time for someone to take me out in the back yard and put a bullet in my head, I want you to be the guy to do it. That's how much I respect you. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: ....Isn't YJF the best?...so young and articulate. Great qualities and always astute in his comments. Bravo young man.. =D> ..Tom, how the hell can I get anything close to eastern standard time here?....and maybe a yankee ticket..?

Matthew (or do you prefer Matty?),

Totally agree that Parcell's will be doing more wheeling and dealing.

Can the Jets work a "sign and trade" deal with Abe and the Cowboys?

DeMarcus Ware is going to play OLB in The 3-4. He's not playing DE. He'll only play DE in certain situations.

Marcus Spears will start at DE and slide to DT when The Cowboys use a 4 man front.

Chris Canty is coming off injuries. He's a 3-4 DE who would slide inside to DT in The 4-3. He will be apart of the rotation.

Ferguson will be on the nose. Glover and Ellis will play on the other end in The 3-4 and Laroi could slide inside in The 4 man front. Cowboys are going to play a little bit of both but mostly The 3-4.

Thank you Matthew. Now make us all proud and intercept Bren's passes to your brother and take over that situation. :D

Would you trade John Abe to Dallas for Demarcus Ware and next year's Dallas second rounder? I would seriously consider it. Parcells drafted Marcus Spears and Chris Canty, as well. He may be looking to deal. I might do it.

Mr. Modine.. you can't trade him now. It's not worth it. I mean, pre draft, it might have been worth it, to get a different player or something else, but not this trade. I was all for trading Abe, pre draft, but post draft, you've gotta keep him. It makes the defense that much more dangerous. It's just all about circumstances.

ya he has made a hell of a difference in all of our bg games the last few years :shock:

For all of his problems staying on the field, the guy is a force when healthy. Unless someone knocks our socks off with an offer, we are better off keeping him and hoping it all comes together. There are not many scenarios where the Jets improve by getting rid of Abe.

YJF:

Please PM me your contact information. I need to check your availability.

Thanks in advance.

Archived