Final Plans for JETS "PLAYOFF" Road trip

Brenjetsfan

Julie "Brenda" Mc Coy here.......

For those attending this trip here is the itineray for the weekend, for those who want to participate:

SATURDAY: Check-in....

Courtyard by Marriott Foxborough..........or you can stay at Marriott in Norwood 4 miles

35 Foxborough Boulevard

Foxboro, MA 02035

Phone: 1-508-543-5222

Meeting at 6:30 pm

Piccadilly Pub, Foxboro, Mass. Sort of like the British Bar Company without the sonic roar, the British-themed Piccadilly Pub is smart enough to segregate the bar from the dining rooms. This allows families to eat their meals in peace, and bar people to drink in peace (mixed with occasional loudness). The plaid rugs, black and red tones, a well-trained staff and food standardized to well above average quality makes for a more logical choice than the British Beer Company on game day, unless you want a higher decibel count while eating and drinking. Picacadilly Pub, 25 Foxboro Blvd., Foxboro, Mass. Tel. (508) 543-0535

From there whom ever wants to hop a train to the bars in Fenway

The Cask 'N Flagon is a tradition that goes as deep as the outfield. It's the first bar on the first corner approaching the stadium and going inside is as automatic as the infield fly rule. Like Fenway itself, the Cask is a crazy, casual tavern for beer drinkers. This is not to say it's a haven for aging Sox fans. Instead, it's overwhelmed with younger fans, many of them in their 20s and 30s, making for a rather peppy singles scene.

Boston Beer Works. A pristine microbrewery and restaurant, it is bright, clean and proudly displays steel beer kettles behind a see-through wall, almost as if they are in a glass case. Compared to its aged surroundings it looks like a modern edifice, almost like a museum. With a dozen or so self-brewed beers on tap, it pretty much is for beer lovers. While people crowd around the long beer counter in the back, Boston Beer Works is primarily for the a sit-down-for-diners as opposed to the all-out ****tail sluggers.

Diners also touch home at Tequila Rain and the Tiki Room. Tequila Rain is a nice sit-down restaurant with windows that open to a streetside patio and great plasma TVs (no true Red Sox fan orders the slushy drinks). The Tiki Room is famous for its pupu platters and 64-ounce drinks served in a huge margarita glass. Both bars are at the end of Lansdowne.

GAME ON!!

The Scene

The Lyons Group (Kings, Avalon) has renovated a former bowling alley into a thoroughly modern sports cafe. Nestled into the side of Fenway Park, Game On! combines a cutting-edge sports bar atmosphere (more than 90 plasma and high-definition screens) with upscale comfort fare (wood-fired pizzas, steaks, chops, fresh fish). Patrons fill a sunny outdoor patio or head inside to drink and dine throughout the establishment's two levels (12,000 square feet).

The Food

Twin kitchens churn out classic American fare, and the lengthy menu runs the gamut from straightforward starters (authentic buffalo wings) to intricate entrees like seared jumbo sea scallops with goat cheese risotto. Heaping plates of nachos and fried calamari are ideal for groups, as are brick oven pizzas. (Offbeat toppings include spicy lamb, brie and Philly cheese steak.) Hearty diners skip burgers and sandwiches in favor of marinated steak tips and New York strips.

The last train back is before midnite.....

SUNDAY GAME DAY....a little "HISTORY"

Our Tailgate Haven once known as "Zip's Tailgate" has now evolved into THE RAZOR'S EDGE TAILGATE. Due to the allocation of our former home into the Red Zone Tailgate area, we were forced to seek out a new locale. We have decided upon Lot P2 which is just outside of the ProShop and offers easy access to the Bank of America Gate and the East Entrances. Although the name and site have changed, our philosophy and open door (ok...tent) policy remains the same. Our merry band of Patriot faithful include a group of "regulars" but we always welcome the company of fellow Patriot fans (and those of opposition as well). Generally, people show up with their gear and food but we welcome anyone to stop in and join us with or without supplies and rations. There is always plenty to go around and for those that insist on contributing "something" we have set up a donation bin for Charity. 100% of the money collected this year will be donated to the Tedy's Team

US JET fans need to beat the Dolphins donations

Buffalo Bills $77

Denver Broncos $37

Bengals @ Zip's $31

Miami Dolphins $121

Indianapolis Colts $55

New York Jets $87.50

Chicago Bears $85.35

Detroit Lions $106

Gillette Stadium By Car

From Boston:Interstate 93 South (S.E. Expressway) to Interstate 95 South; Take Interstate 95 South to Exit 9 (Wrentham) onto Route 1 South. Follow Route 1 South approximately 3 miles to Gillette Stadium (on the left).

From Cape Cod:Interstate 495 North to Exit 14A onto Route 1 North. Follow Route 1 North approximately 4 miles to Gillette Stadium (on the right).

From Maine, New Hampshire: Interstate 128 South to Interstate 95 South; Exit 9 onto Route 1 South. Follow Route 1 South approximately 3 miles to Gillette Stadium (on the left).

From Northern Connecticut, Vermont, Upstate New York:Interstate 90 East (Massachusetts Tnpk.) to Route 495 South; Exit 14A onto Route 1 North. Follow Route 1 North approximately 4 miles to Gillette Stadium (on the right).

From Southern Connecticut, Rhode Island:Interstate 95 North to Interstate 495 North; Exit 14A onto Route 1 North. Follow Route 1 North approximately 4 miles to Gillette Stadium (on the right).

Directions To Lot P2

Explorer and Ranger Lots

P2a_small.jpg

From the North:

p2north_small.jpg

(If you get there too early they may not have the cones set up yet to allow traffic to travel "on the wrong side of the road" to get into the lot. If so, you'll need to go past the entrance, do a U-Turn on Rt. 1 and enter from the South.)

From the South:

P2_small.jpg

Continue on Rt.1 North past the stadium and enter P2 on your right.

new.gifThe Lot:

As of this season, our usual spot along the grass (Lot 2 on the map) has been designated as Employee parking so we're now in the Explorer Lot... Our goal is to set up along the grass at the pedestrian walkway where the purple and green lines run together.

lot2006R_small.jpgPB058775S_small.jpg

Note: Since we've been here, we've been close by the big Credit Card RV so use that as a landmark.

Look for our tailgate setup which looks like this:

tailgatesetups_small.jpgJets06%20047S_small1.jpg

If they don't let us set up along the grass, look within the first few rows since we're early birds and will be close to the front of the lot. Best bet... drop me an email and I'll give you my cell phone so that we may hook up :-)

SO there is all the info you will need for this KICK A$$ JETS PLAYOFF GAME

OH yea...Celebration party is usually back at the TILT 54....

Then we are off to the bars to watch the Eagles squash the Giants.....xoxoxo

For those who need any more info..PM me for my cell...Its almost HAPPY HOUR!;)

U

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

~~~UPDATE~~~~

Just spoke to Russ from Great Woods Taxi

508-339-8294

He can take 15 people Round Trip from Piccadilly Pub to Fenway bars for $20 per person. Beats the train.....

Also for those who are staying at the Foxboro Marriott he will pick up on game day at any time an take you to the stadium for $10 EACH way. PER PERSON

PLAYOFF parking at the stadium is $40 per car...(bend over):box:

something to think about...its just a matter of coolers and booze....BUT why not have 1 car load up the booze food and take the van over. It's just some options we have....Carry on!

Why can't we just leave the hotel at 8am and drive to the god damn stadium?

If there is 4 or 5 of you in a car it's only 10 bucks or less to park. Deal with it.

I am DRIVING...but for those who don't want to risk a DWI leaving..they can have an option!;) ok there....now its only 2 days away:yahoo:

You people crack me up. This is turning into quite the adventure. Such a Motley Crew. Excellent!

Here's are two tips from a Bostonian:

1) There is NO train from Foxboro to the Fenway area. There is an AMTRAK train (and a very strict schedule) that drops you off in BACK BAY. From there you will either walk (30 minutes) or take another train (subway- green line) to the Fens.

2) A cab to Gillette will drop you off "near" the stadium - most likely North Street - which requires approx a 15-20 minute walk to the Stadium. Much luck getting the cab back to the hotel.

3) a r/t fare of $20 each from Foxboro to Fenway is an unbelievably good price - I find it hard to believe. However, if it is true - excellent way to go. You lushes can drink to your hearts content and not worry.

oh why oh why did Max forbid me from using the R word????!!!!:)

Why can't we just leave the hotel at 8am and drive to the god damn stadium?

If there is 4 or 5 of you in a car it's only 10 bucks or less to park. Deal with it.

Don't know about you but I spent $425 to buy two tickets so $40 more for a great tailback party ain't the end of the world. I'll have plenty of green bottled Heineken to sooth the pain. We see all of you Sat evening and in P2.

Not for nothing but I have gone on road trips for years and have never seen so much confusion. Thank you Garb for your patience. I like it easy and simple and anything to do with cabs to the stadium and walking extensively just does not work for me. If the goal is to bring more beer, that is what the back of the suv is for..I am sure there will be beer at the tailgate as well. I am all for a grand party but some of the plans are just ridiculous. It would be easier to all meet Sat night then run amuck with all of these plans and stories. Just my .02

Not for nothing but I have gone on road trips for years and have never seen so much confusion. Thank you Garb for your patience. I like it easy and simple and anything to do with cabs to the stadium and walking extensively just does not work for me. If the goal is to bring more beer, that is what the back of the suv is for..I am sure there will be beer at the tailgate as well. I am all for a grand party but some of the plans are just ridiculous. It would be easier to all meet Sat night then run amuck with all of these plans and stories. Just my .02

Agreed.

Archived