Pats Sign Chad Scott

PatsFanTX

Former 1st round pick, 30-years old.

Not bad for additional depth.

The Patriots added another veteran cornerback to their defensive backfield stable on Tuesday with the signing of the former Pittsburgh Steeler.

Last summer, the Patriots training camp use of Troy Brown at cornerback drew some perplexing looks and even some criticisms from observers. But the Patriots coaching staff once again came out looking smarter than its critics when injuries forced Brown into a regular defensive role and he more than held his own while helping the Patriots to a second straight world championship.

But Bill Belichick doesn

I have the opportunity to see many Steeler games (my wife is a fan) and Scott was undoubtably the weak link in their secondary.

When I would watch games with her family, and there was a TD pass thrown, inevitably , they would scream "Who was on him, Scott?"

Inevitably, it was.

I am sure BB will turn him into an all pro now

:lol: I Shoulda waited a minute before posting my thread. :wink:

I question this move. He CANNOT play press coverage and bites on any and all pump fakes not to mention he doesn't have great speed or instincts. What the heck are they doing with Hank Poteat (B_U_M) still on their roster as well?

i have a couple steeler fans in my extended family and they were talking about how happy he was gone just the other day. they said he was terrible and getting rid of him was addition by subtraction. i dunno, belichick can work wonders but what ive seen is the dude is just not very good and most steeler fans seem to be very happy this guy is gone.

come on tx, chad scott is terrible.

if the jets made that move you would be all over it lamenting how desperate the jets are that they are signing third tier players and castoffs.

one more time - chad scott is terrible.

You guys are unbelievable. :shock:

The Pats didn't pick him up to be their starting CB [-X[-X .

He is there as insurance, nickle and dime back and secondary depth. That's it.

stiller, no way BB puts any CB that can not play good press coverage into that situation.

Hey Block, is Chad Scott better than Hank Poteat?

That's all it is and nothing more.

Chad Scott is a big physical CB who is best suited for The Cover 2 defense that The Pats like to play.

Dick Lebeau's defense is more a blitzing defense that leaves it's corners on an island.

Contrary to popular belief. The Pats don't blitz much. They like to play 2 and 3 deep and they play alot of Cover 2 and Cover 3. What they do is mix up their fronts and send different people from time to time but they usually always have atleast 6 or 7 people back in coverage.

Chad Scott, because of his lack of speed. Could probably be moved to Free Safety. I don't know if The Pats are going to do that or not.

As a 4th corner or 5th corner. You can do worse like Randall Gay :wink:.

Chad Scott is a big physical CB who is best suited for The Cover 2 defense that The Pats like to play.

d!ck Lebeau's defense is more a blitzing defense that leaves it's corners on an island.

Contrary to popular belief. The Pats don't blitz much. They like to play 2 and 3 deep and they play alot of Cover 2 and Cover 3. What they do is mix up their fronts and send different people from time to time but they usually always have atleast 6 or 7 people back in coverage.

Chad Scott, because of his lack of speed. Could probably be moved to Free Safety. I don't know if The Pats are going to do that or not.

You really do put the majority of Jet fans to shame, you know that YJF.

Well said.

You really do put the majority of Jet fans to shame, you know that YJF.

Well said.

Thanks.

Who is slated to start at CB next season for The Pats?

You can never have enough depth at that position.

The candidates are probably Asante Samuel, Tyrone Poole and Duane Starks. I've heard that Eugene Wilson might make the move back to CB, and that Gus Scott would start with Harrison at safety.

That would leave Randall Gay and Chad Scott battling for the final CB spot. Pats could carry atleast 6 CB's. I'd leave Eugene at FS.

d!ck Lebeau's defense is more a blitzing defense that leaves it's corners on an island.

I can guarantee the Steelers play just as much cover 2 as the Pats do. Chads problem was even in that coverage he would try to jump routes, in OFF coverage. Both teams disguise their blitz's much the same way. Mark it down, if Charred Scott is forced into that lineup as Troy Brown was last year, the Pats will be worse off. No need to even mention Hank Poteat, Kelly freakin' Holcomb owns him. :lol:

Archived