More whistling past the graveyard

Preston Howley III

I just defend the truth and what is right. if the opinion isn't popular I don't worry about that.

Your opinion isn't any more right or wrong than someone who despises Herm. You act like your opinion of Herm is the only one that should matter. I hate to break it to you, but it isn't.

Uh....because he didnt have a #2 pick stud like Lamont Jordan playing behind him like there was when when hermy was coach. Not to mention Martin was YOUNGER...but why let facts get in the way of a good Hermy Lover defense????

Jordan has proven in Oakland he is not a feature back, you wanted him to cut into carries for a HOFer? Curtis did lead the NFL in rushing his last full year.

here is another interesting #:

Under parcells Curtis never averaged more than 4.0 YPC and 2 of his 4 years he was UNDER 4.

Under Herm Curtis averaged over 4.0 4 of 5 years w/ the injured '05 being the only year he was under and Curtis had years of 4.5 and 4.6- so who used him better?

Under Herm Curtis averaged over 4.0 4 of 5 years w/ the injured '05 being the only year he was under and Curtis had years of 4.5 and 4.6- so who used him better?

You're actually trying to compare Herm to a HOF coach now? You have no credibility anymore. Your posts aren't even worth reading anymore.

You're actually trying to compare Herm to a HOF coach now? You have no credibility anymore. Your posts aren't even worth reading anymore.

pay attention, it was brought up how Herm ruine Curtis' career by running him so much. I showed FACTS about ho parcells ran him ALOT more than Herm did and how much more efficient Curtis was under Herm. those are indisputable facts so maybe you should earn some credibility before you try to take it away from people.

Jordan has proven in Oakland he is not a feature back, you wanted him to cut into carries for a HOFer? Curtis did lead the NFL in rushing his last full year.

here is another interesting #:

Under parcells Curtis never averaged more than 4.0 YPC and 2 of his 4 years he was UNDER 4.

Ah, more hermy propoganda!!!

1. Jordan had over 1700 combined yards (inlcuding 1100 rushing) in 2005 for a terrible Oakland team. This year, wiht no passing game and no OL, he got hurt. How exactly does that PROVE hes not a feature back...unless your defending Herm of course.

2. Actually, yes, I would have cut into Martin's carries some. Why give a 30+ RB 30 carries when you could give a 24 year old wiht 4.4 spped 10 or so and keep the 30+ fresh? Go check out and see what herm is doing to LJ in KC and get back to me. Or how about all those games martin was hurt and could barely walk yet Herm STILL gave Martin 30 carries while Jordan rotted away on the bench. To even insinuate that Herm used Jordan correctly shows you have no objevctivity on the subject.

3. Did you ever stop and thin to look beyond the stats? Maybe part of the reason martins YPC was inflated under Herm was the NUMEROUS 3rd down and long draw plays that he got to run in which he'd gain 12 yards on a 3rd and 15. Throw in just 2 or 3 of those per game and see what that does to your YPC. And if you bothered to ATCH any Jets games duruing the Hackett/Herm era, you KNOW what I am syaing is true...unless of course you are blindly defending Herm.

pay attention, it was brought up how Herm ruine Curtis' career by running him so much. I showed FACTS about ho parcells ran him ALOT more than Herm did and how much more efficient Curtis was under Herm. those are indisputable facts so maybe you should earn some credibility before you try to take it away from people.

No genius....the issue was how Herm ruined Jordans career by overplaying martin. Maybe YOU need to pay attention and get your head out of Hermy's behind.

No genius....the issue was how Herm ruined Jordans career by overplaying martin. Maybe YOU need to pay attention and get your head out of Hermy's behind.

Another poster stated that Herm ruined Curtis' career.

How did he ruin lamont's career? lamont was playing behind a future HOFer who, in his last full year, won the NFL rushing title.

Ah, more hermy propoganda!!!

1. Jordan had over 1700 combined yards (inlcuding 1100 rushing) in 2005 for a terrible Oakland team. This year, wiht no passing game and no OL, he got hurt. How exactly does that PROVE hes not a feature back...unless your defending Herm of course.

he hasn't even averaged 4.0 YPC yet. Justin fargas put up similar #s to lamont after lamont got hurt. lamont has been a bust as a starter.

2. Actually, yes, I would have cut into Martin's carries some. Why give a 30+ RB 30 carries when you could give a 24 year old wiht 4.4 spped 10 or so and keep the 30+ fresh? Go check out and see what herm is doing to LJ in KC and get back to me. Or how about all those games martin was hurt and could barely walk yet Herm STILL gave Martin 30 carries while Jordan rotted away on the bench. To even insinuate that Herm used Jordan correctly shows you have no objevctivity on the subject.

I would have given lamont more carries as well but I wouldn't have significantly cut Curtis' carries. Curtis was still a big time back when we had Lamont. lamont was great in garbage time, most of his #s came from garbage time, he's not an every down back.

3. Did you ever stop and thin to look beyond the stats? Maybe part of the reason martins YPC was inflated under Herm was the NUMEROUS 3rd down and long draw plays that he got to run in which he'd gain 12 yards on a 3rd and 15. Throw in just 2 or 3 of those per game and see what that does to your YPC. And if you bothered to ATCH any Jets games duruing the Hackett/Herm era, you KNOW what I am syaing is true...unless of course you are blindly defending Herm.

That must be it b/c we never ran a 3rd and long draw under Parcells. I saw every single game of Curtis martin's career in NY and he was alot more productive under Herm than under BP. Maybe some of those 3rd and long draws helped(you do act as though he gained 10-15 yds every time when we would usually get about 3 or 4) but curtis was definitely more prodcutive his last 4 full seasons than '95, '96, '98, '99 under BP and the #s show that.

I'm not taking away anything, you're doing just fine on your own.

What have I said that was wrong, inseatd of being useless and just attacking me come back and show me where I am wrong. MSGold12 is at least trying, he's not doing a good job but he is at least trying while you are doing nothing.

What have I said that was wrong, inseatd of being useless and just attacking me come back and show me where I am wrong. MSGold12 is at least trying, he's not doing a good job but he is at least trying while you are doing nothing.

Because I refuse to tell you that your opinion of Herm is wrong. Unfortunately, you can't seem to grasp that there are people that do not like him IN THEIR OPINION. You are on this personal crusade, on multiple message boards I might add, to defend Herm to no end. You are not going to change my opinion of him and you are not going to change anyone elses' opinion either. But yet you keep trying to "prove" our opinions are wrong.

Just because you like Herm does not mean everyone else does.

You like him. Good for you. Some of us don't.

Because I refuse to tell you that your opinion of Herm is wrong. Unfortunately, you can't seem to grasp that there are people that do not like him IN THEIR OPINION. You are on this personal crusade, on multiple message boards I might add, to defend Herm to no end. You are not going to change my opinion of him and you are not going to change anyone elses' opinion either. But yet you keep trying to "prove" our opinions are wrong.

Amen.

Claiming that your opinion of Herm is "truth" and the rest of us are FOS it ridiculous. But my answers to all of your Herm defense issues are perfectly legit.

Go love Hermy if you like...just dont expect others to agree. And if you can't deal with that, I suggest you simply skip over an Hermy related posts.

Just look at your answer about Lamont JOrdan. The guy lead al RBs in receiving yards in 2005, had over 1100 ruhsing yrads, and was on a terrible team wiht a poor OL. Those numbers clearyl showed he could be a feature back. In 2006, the team deteriroated even more and Jordan got hurt...thus, in your head, that soehow "proves" he is a bust as a feature back. And you question the credibility and veracity of others??? Please, you are a Hermy Lover like the others were. You will do evrrhting and anything to defend the guy. BL, hes a below average HC at best. He has no strategic mind, his lack of preparation and game dayskills is frightening, and he is an overrated motivator.

BTW, if I am doing such a terrible job of exposing your manipulation of facts, why do you feel the need to keep answering me???? Poorly I might add. Your "excuses" (and thats what they are) are just incorrect. You dont thinkn the "draw" was used more freuqntly under Herm the Tuna? Do you WATCH the Jets? And throw 2, 12 yard runs on draws on to a 20 carry, 80 yard day...see what it does to yur "productivity".

I just post facts, whether people like herm or not I don't care and I don't care about Herm anymore but i have to post the truth when i see untruths being posted.

I just post facts, whether people like herm or not I don't care and I don't care about Herm anymore but i have to post the truth when i see untruths being posted.

Your INTERPRETATION of facts is not truth...its your opinion. Others' interpretation of facts that you happen to disagree with are not untruths.

Perhaps you should learn that lesson before engaging in any other arguements.

herm was an idiot. i get sick when ever i hear him on a sound bite. too many bad memories. his after game press conferences were priceless. half the time he had no idea what a reporter was asking . usual answer " i'll have to go back and look at the films, not sure which play your talking about " . when he came out and had the team prepared for a game and they were doing well, you knew the other team would make halftime adjustments to offset our success. he never had an answer. could never make in game adjustments. just like this years playoff game. we won games in spite of him. HE NEVER WON US A GAME BECAUSE OF HIS GAME KNOWLEDGE or by beig clever or surprising anyone. talent and luck were what we needed to win and hopefully we didnt him to think or use timeouts. he was a good motivator thats it. got them to play just didnt know how to teach them to play.

nyjunc..serious question..do you subscribe to all of these anti-Herm threads with email notification??I mean..you are relentlessly defending Herm on every website in the northern hemisphere..is it your civil duty or something?

No I just check the new posts. I came on here to help defend another poster in a Chad debate then I found this and wherever i see what I consider to be misinformation I will chime in to show the entire stroy and not just the anti-herm side.

No I just check the new posts. I came on here to help defend another poster in a Chad debate then I found this and wherever i see what I consider to be misinformation I will chime in to show the entire stroy and not just the anti-herm side.

Junc, take a look at what I bolded above. See anything familiar about what you posted and what champ posts at TGG? The only thing you did differently is that you didn't use all caps :)

Do you really want to be known as a "champ wannabe"?

For those that don't know who I'm talking about...be very happy you don't. ;)

Junc, take a look at what I bolded above. See anything familiar about what you posted and what champ posts at TGG? The only thing you did differently is that you didn't use all caps :)

Do you really want to be known as a "champ wannabe"?

For those that don't know who I'm talking about...be very happy you don't. ;)

The difference is champ just says the same phrases over and over w/ no evidence to back it up, I provide evidence. I provide detailed arguments and if we had an objective person to rad over my argument vs. the herm haters i guarantee my side wins.

The difference is champ just says the same phrases over and over w/ no evidence to back it up, I provide evidence. I provide detailed arguments and if we had an objective person to rad over my argument vs. the herm haters i guarantee my side wins.

Lets be frank. There is just as much evidence to prve that herm is a sh*t coach as there is to try and prove he was a good coach. Its all in how you choose to interpret evidence that is not necessarily black and white. You choose to look at it one way and negate evidence to the contrary and those that hate Herm do the opposite. The differecne is most of us dont run around saying "my opinion is truth" like you do.

But at the end of the day, there are ecrtain facts about Herm that cannot be denied.

1. Herm inherited a much better team then most first time HCs do whihc lead directly to his success.

2. Herm had almost nohting to do with the offense other then mandate his ultra conservative point of view to eohter Hackett or Dinger.

3. Herm was not a master strategest on D either and usually left that to his DC

4. For a guy who was suppossed to be a great motivator, his teams far too often looked flat and unprepared.

5. Herm did not improve as a HC much if at all over his 5 years here making the same mistakes in year 5 that he did in year 1.

6. When push came to shove, a man who preached honor and integrity, lied his ass off and skipped town on us showing his true colors.

Im not exactly sure how you can so vehemently defend that. I mean Joe Walton made the playoffs 2 of his first 4 years here and advanced just as far as Herm did...why don't you defend him too?

The reason is that Herm on the surface (unless you took a closer look) was a very likable guy. The press loved him and since the team was ahving some success, many fans loved him too. But my hatred for Herm stems from 2 major issues: 1) we had the talent to make real SB runs while he was here but his lack of game day coaching ability and poor strategic planning held us back from taking that next step and 2) the way he exited (and dont get me wrong, I thank the football Gods everyday that he left) showed what a phoney hypocrite he really was.

I said it then for us and I'll say it now for KC...no team coached by Herman Edwards will ever make it to a SB. Because once he reaches that level of compeittion, he's a unic and his incompetence is exposed.

1. Herm inherited a much better team then most first time HCs do whihc lead directly to his success.

he inherited some talent but he got that talent to play better than they did the 2 previous years.

2. Herm had almost nohting to do with the offense other then mandate his ultra conservative point of view to eohter Hackett or Dinger.

If he had amost nothing to do w/ the O why do you guys always blame him for whenever our O struggled?

. Herm was not a master strategest on D either and usually left that to his DC

But he was blamed whenever the D struggled.

4. For a guy who was suppossed to be a great motivator, his teams far too often looked flat and unprepared.

name me the games the team looked flat and unprepared? Early '02? KC '05? There was alot going on during those times.

5. Herm did not improve as a HC much if at all over his 5 years here making the same mistakes in year 5 that he did in year 1.

I think he improved. I definitely think he improved clock mgmt, I think b/c of early struggles no one ever gave him a pass and anything clsoe to a msitake was magnified but all you have to do is watch the playoffs and every HC makes those mistakes but they aren't grilled b/c they didn't struggle mightily early on like herm.

6. When push came to shove, a man who preached honor and integrity, lied his ass off and skipped town on us showing his true colors.

I agree but he is a coach, coaches are liars and it all worked out for us. We had good seasons under him but it became apparent he would never be a great coach and at that time he left, we got a pick and we have a potentially great HC.

Im not exactly sure how you can so vehemently defend that. I mean Joe Walton made the playoffs 2 of his first 4 years here and advanced just as far as Herm did...why don't you defend him too?

Walton inherited a young team that was 30 mins from the SB the year before he took over. There weren't any FA losses as they didn't have FA, the team was young and ready to win whic was a big difference from what Herm inherited.

1) we had the talent to make real SB runs while he was here but his lack of game day coaching ability and poor strategic planning held us back from taking that next step and 2) the way he exited (and dont get me wrong, I thank the football Gods everyday that he left) showed what a phoney hypocrite he really was.

I think we could have made a run, I think we were close in '02 and '04 but we lost to better teams, more talented teams. If we lost home playoff games or if we lost to inferior teams I'd agree.

I said it then for us and I'll say it now for KC...no team coached by Herman Edwards will ever make it to a SB. Because once he reaches that level of compeittion, he's a unic and his incompetence is exposed.

I think he can, he wasn't far away w/ us, but I hope he doesn't.

• Thumb Down 1

Funny, champ says essentially the same thing you're saying above. The only difference is you use English and champ uses champ-speak :)

he inherited some talent but he got that talent to play better than they did the 2 previous years.

If he had amost nothing to do w/ the O why do you guys always blame him for whenever our O struggled?

But he was blamed whenever the D struggled.

name me the games the team looked flat and unprepared? Early '02? KC '05? There was alot going on during those times.

I think he improved. I definitely think he improved clock mgmt, I think b/c of early struggles no one ever gave him a pass and anything clsoe to a msitake was magnified but all you have to do is watch the playoffs and every HC makes those mistakes but they aren't grilled b/c they didn't struggle mightily early on like herm.

I agree but he is a coach, coaches are liars and it all worked out for us. We had good seasons under him but it became apparent he would never be a great coach and at that time he left, we got a pick and we have a potentially great HC.

Walton inherited a young team that was 30 mins from the SB the year before he took over. There weren't any FA losses as they didn't have FA, the team was young and ready to win whic was a big difference from what Herm inherited.

I think we could have made a run, I think we were close in '02 and '04 but we lost to better teams, more talented teams. If we lost home playoff games or if we lost to inferior teams I'd agree.

I think he can, he wasn't far away w/ us, but I hope he doesn't.

OK, this is why people get pissed at you. Allow me to retort to your answers because they will show how much of a shill for this guy you are and how your "truth" is not exactly accurate...

1. Herm had them playing better then the prior two seasons? That is simply false. Look beyond the superficial w/l record. The 1999 team lost its starting QB in game 1 and Tuna screwed up wiht no replacement until he put in LUcas and that team went 8-8, 7-2 down the stretch and was playjg GREAT football. had he inserted Lucas sooner (rather thenplaying a piece of dung like Mirer), they probably go 10-6 or better. Also in 1999, they played exactly 3 teams that landed up sub 500. In 2000, they started 6-1, ended 9-7, played only 3 sub 500 teams (beating all 3) AND played whopping 8 games against teams that finsihed wiht 10 or more wins...going 4 and 4 in those games. Yes, they folded the last 3 weeks but they also played Oakland and eventual SB champ Balt in two of them. Now 2001...they played a whopping 8 games against sub 500 teams wiht 6 of their 10 wins coming in those games and actually losing 4 to those teams. Of those 6 wins, 3 were by 1 point and one was a gift from NO when Kyle Turley lost his mind as NO was going in for the tying score. Of the 8 games against "better teams, they beat Miami twice, NE once and Oak on Halls 53 yarder. In 2001 aside from a 4 game win streak (3 v terrible teams) they never won more then 2 in a row, got embarrassed by Buf at home in a playoff clincher, and were ossibly the worst run D team all year. To say Herm had the 2001 team playing better then the 1999 or 2000 is total BS and a blanket statement by you that has no factual backup to it.

2 and 3. I'll combine these because the answer is simple...HE WAS THE HC!!!! How is he a good HC in your eyes when he totally relied n his coordinators because he was not competent enough to do anything himself? Howveer, HE dictated the overall "play not to lose" strategy of the O and (even as a supposed defensive coach) could do NOTHING to help a D that was lousy v the run almost every year. HE is the HC...THAT'S why he gets blamed. When the D struggled this year, mangini straegized to fix it...Herm NEVER did that, he just blamed personel, tossed DCs under the bus, and tunred the roster over 3 times.

4. Uh OK, lets start with 2001 where they look embarassing on opening day v INdy, got smoked by STL, squeeked out 1 pt wins v terrible Carolina, Cincy and Indy teams, lost at hme to a 2 win BUf team in a playoff clinching game. Lets ee, in 2002 we started out 2-5, lost to a 3 win Bear team late in the year in a playoff clinching game and looked totally lost v oak in the playoffs. 2003? How about the first 4 weeks when we essenatially gave up and Vinny wasnt allowed to throw a pass longer then 5 yards? 2004? Even during the 5-0 start (of whihc 4 were v cupcakes), we looked awful v SF (I was there), and eeked past Buffalo. We also got our asses handed to us in weeks 15 and 16 when we had playoff spots on the line. 2005...yeah we looked really prpepared v KC. I mena please, if you think the herm Jets were a well prepared, ready to play unit you didnt watch the Jets.

5. Bullsh*t. His clock management was ajoke from beginning to end and the ONLY reason it LOOKED like it got better was because the moron actually had to hire a COACH to help him wiht clock management. That was an embarassment.

6. Waltons inheritted a young team that was 30 minutes form the SB? They didnt have any turnover? Are you JOKING? You clearly have NO idea about the past of this team then considering the team Walton took to the playoffs in 1985 and 1986 had new startes at QB, WR, FB, LG, RT, LT, OLB, CB, and both S spots and had a totally different defensive scheme. But why let facts get in your way right? And the FA issues cuts both ways. No, he did lose guys, but he also couldnt GET guys either like Herm did every tijme he changed the roster over. Walton took over a team that went ot the AFC title game in 1982 and three years later he took them back to the playoof after revamping the roster. Herm took over a team that went to the AFC title game three years earlier and was essentially the SAME team!!!!

7. Yeah, all coahces are liars. But not all coahces stood their and preached how honest they were and hw much intergity they had...and THEN llied and showed no integrity.as he skipped out of town.

So, as you can see, YOU are the one tossing out the misinformation...whihc is what Hermy Lovers usually do. They toss out balnket sttements and try to pass them off as fact. They indirectly use the race card, they toss out meaningless and under analyzed stats. The guy was ableow average HC at best who had a penchant for plaing the media in order to make him look competent (see the hwole you poay to win the game BS and its original context), he tossed players and coahces under the bus to save hs own ass, herode vetreans (just as hes ding in KC) untl they dropped, and then, when it became apparant he couldnt hide his incompetence any lnger...he bolted.

And THIS is the guy you are on some assinine crusade to defend...nice judge of character you must be.

OK, this is why people get pissed at you. Allow me to retort to your answers because they will show how much of a shill for this guy you are and how your "truth" is not exactly accurate...

1. Herm had them playing better then the prior two seasons? That is simply false. Look beyond the superficial w/l record. The 1999 team lost its starting QB in game 1 and Tuna screwed up wiht no replacement until he put in LUcas and that team went 8-8, 7-2 down the stretch and was playjg GREAT football. had he inserted Lucas sooner (rather thenplaying a piece of dung like Mirer), they probably go 10-6 or better. Also in 1999, they played exactly 3 teams that landed up sub 500. In 2000, they started 6-1, ended 9-7, played only 3 sub 500 teams (beating all 3) AND played whopping 8 games against teams that finsihed wiht 10 or more wins...going 4 and 4 in those games. Yes, they folded the last 3 weeks but they also played Oakland and eventual SB champ Balt in two of them. Now 2001...they played a whopping 8 games against sub 500 teams wiht 6 of their 10 wins coming in those games and actually losing 4 to those teams. Of those 6 wins, 3 were by 1 point and one was a gift from NO when Kyle Turley lost his mind as NO was going in for the tying score. Of the 8 games against "better teams, they beat Miami twice, NE once and Oak on Halls 53 yarder. In 2001 aside from a 4 game win streak (3 v terrible teams) they never won more then 2 in a row, got embarrassed by Buf at home in a playoff clincher, and were ossibly the worst run D team all year. To say Herm had the 2001 team playing better then the 1999 or 2000 is total BS and a blanket statement by you that has no factual backup to it.

2 and 3. I'll combine these because the answer is simple...HE WAS THE HC!!!! How is he a good HC in your eyes when he totally relied n his coordinators because he was not competent enough to do anything himself? Howveer, HE dictated the overall "play not to lose" strategy of the O and (even as a supposed defensive coach) could do NOTHING to help a D that was lousy v the run almost every year. HE is the HC...THAT'S why he gets blamed. When the D struggled this year, mangini straegized to fix it...Herm NEVER did that, he just blamed personel, tossed DCs under the bus, and tunred the roster over 3 times.

4. Uh OK, lets start with 2001 where they look embarassing on opening day v INdy, got smoked by STL, squeeked out 1 pt wins v terrible Carolina, Cincy and Indy teams, lost at hme to a 2 win BUf team in a playoff clinching game. Lets ee, in 2002 we started out 2-5, lost to a 3 win Bear team late in the year in a playoff clinching game and looked totally lost v oak in the playoffs. 2003? How about the first 4 weeks when we essenatially gave up and Vinny wasnt allowed to throw a pass longer then 5 yards? 2004? Even during the 5-0 start (of whihc 4 were v cupcakes), we looked awful v SF (I was there), and eeked past Buffalo. We also got our asses handed to us in weeks 15 and 16 when we had playoff spots on the line. 2005...yeah we looked really prpepared v KC. I mena please, if you think the herm Jets were a well prepared, ready to play unit you didnt watch the Jets.

5. Bullsh*t. His clock management was ajoke from beginning to end and the ONLY reason it LOOKED like it got better was because the moron actually had to hire a COACH to help him wiht clock management. That was an embarassment.

6. Waltons inheritted a young team that was 30 minutes form the SB? They didnt have any turnover? Are you JOKING? You clearly have NO idea about the past of this team then considering the team Walton took to the playoffs in 1985 and 1986 had new startes at QB, WR, FB, LG, RT, LT, OLB, CB, and both S spots and had a totally different defensive scheme. But why let facts get in your way right? And the FA issues cuts both ways. No, he did lose guys, but he also couldnt GET guys either like Herm did every tijme he changed the roster over. Walton took over a team that went ot the AFC title game in 1982 and three years later he took them back to the playoof after revamping the roster. Herm took over a team that went to the AFC title game three years earlier and was essentially the SAME team!!!!

7. Yeah, all coahces are liars. But not all coahces stood their and preached how honest they were and hw much intergity they had...and THEN llied and showed no integrity.as he skipped out of town.

So, as you can see, YOU are the one tossing out the misinformation...whihc is what Hermy Lovers usually do. They toss out balnket sttements and try to pass them off as fact. They indirectly use the race card, they toss out meaningless and under analyzed stats. The guy was ableow average HC at best who had a penchant for plaing the media in order to make him look competent (see the hwole you poay to win the game BS and its original context), he tossed players and coahces under the bus to save hs own ass, herode vetreans (just as hes ding in KC) untl they dropped, and then, when it became apparant he couldnt hide his incompetence any lnger...he bolted.

And THIS is the guy you are on some assinine crusade to defend...nice judge of character you must be.

I think due to nyjunk's lack of facts, he must be just a shill for herm due to rooting for the underdog. herm gets a lot of this since he is 1st Caucasian/African-American NFL HC.