Savage69 was right about one thing

Preston Howley III

amazingly JM our RBBC had the same amount of yards as New England's duo of Dillon and Maroney...I feel for Larry X and was telling my wife on the way to work last night that he'll suffer the same fate as Curtic by next year or the year after at his current workload pace.

Savage was right and so were all of us who said "where ARE Lamont Jordan's 10-15 carries a game?"Herman Edwards ended Curtis Martin's career and Jay Feidler's and almost Chad's too...he's a cherry picker-thought he could walk into a sweet ripe situation in KC with all the pieces already in plaxce save a couple-but again he failed

I know he flogged it like a dead horse, but in the end, he was right:

A 2 back offense or a RBC offense is better than feeding the offense exclusively through one premier back. The Jets RB's have scored more TD's this year (17) than at any other time in franchise history.

Discuss.

Unless his name is LaDainian Tomlinson. Michael Turner should feel blessed he gets to touch the ball in that offense.

I only count 15 RB touchdowns to our RB's this year.

But given that over 80% of the carries went to Blaylock/Barlow for the first month of the season, AND starting the season with 3 new OLmen including two rookies and a Cardinals reject, AND a totally new offensive scheme, AND no real fullback, AND an average-at-best run-blocker at TE...I hope it's been enlightening for many people who think that we'll never win a SB unless we have Lynch or Turner or Peterson or some other similar back carrying the ball >350x.

Also, they're all fresher for the playoffs.

I only count 15 RB touchdowns to our RB's this year.

But given that over 80% of the carries went to Blaylock/Barlow for the first month of the season, AND starting the season with 3 new OLmen including two rookies and a Cardinals reject, AND a totally new offensive scheme, AND no real fullback, AND an average-at-best run-blocker at TE...I hope it's been enlightening for many people who think that we'll never win a SB unless we have Lynch or Turner or Peterson or some other similar back carrying the ball >350x.

Also, they're all fresher for the playoffs.

If we can run the ball with Houston/Washington today, you will have a point.

But I seriously doubt that will happen.

A 2 back offense or a RBC offense is better than feeding the offense exclusively through one premier back. The Jets RB's have scored more TD's this year (17) than at any other time in franchise history.

Discuss.

TD amounts is far from the only way you judge whether a two back system is better than a one.

Jets backs:

Back      Attempts   Yards   Yards/Carry   TD
Barlow 131 370 2.82 6
Leon 151 650 4.30 4
Houston 113 374 3.31 5
Blaylock 25 44 1.76 0
Total 420 1438 3.42 15[/code]

that list doesn't take into account the 100 plus yards that Brad Smith picked up primarily AS a RB

How about we get a decent RT road grader and a real lead blocking FB before we come to any conclussions. The Jets and most NFL teams no longer run a clasic two back formation that was the staple when we had both Boozer and Snell in the backfield. This team has replaced the running grind game with a passing grind it out game. Hard to say whether or not we would be better off with a really good back taking the load or RB by comittee until our team has the pieces in place to run the ball on a consistent basis.

I think if Mangini had it his way we would be much more of a running team than we are currently.

Discuss.

Herman Edwards. End of discussion.

Piss-poor game-planning aside, does anyone really believe that LJ would've had the same yardage yesterday if he had 100 fewer carries? PARTICULARLY with such an early bye-week.

Yeah the Colts did a very good job on the run... they were giving KC man to man on the outside all night and they didnt take advantage... basically they stuffed LJ... doesnt matter if he was tired he never had a chance to get going in the first place...

Yeah the Colts did a very good job on the run... they were giving KC man to man on the outside all night and they didnt take advantage... basically they stuffed LJ... doesnt matter if he was tired he never had a chance to get going in the first place...

Everything changes everything. Because of feeding the ball to LJ (and essentially ONLY to LJ) so many times, Indy just sat on the run the whole game.

Screw this crap. We have a game in 1 minute. Don't make me lock the Herm threads.

Archived