****Official Jets vs. Patriots Thread****

TaborJet

The defense didn't throw the lateral, throw the INT, and fail to get TDs. The defense definitely deserves a share of the blame, but so does Pennington, and the rest of the team. We lost as a team, just like we win as a team. We failed on every level.

We lost becuase of the same weaknesses we had in week one

No run D

No run O

We just faced the best of the Pats. That was the Pats when they click on all cylinders. History shows that they are damn near unbeatbale by anyone when they are on like that. Sure we missed on a few opportunities, but there is no way that our team, as deficient as they are in numerous areas, was going to beat them today.

losing by 20 isn't standing tall

we were the same ol jets

might as well have been joe walton or bruce coslett or herman edwards on the sideline.I see no difference.we had it all.Just the perfect amount of big plays to give us hope,a mental breakdown and a late INT for a score a la Richard Todd.

perfect same ol jets routine.tHEY PLAYED IT TOO A TEE.

F--king B---ls--t!!!!!!!!!

Nice block Brick. The season ends on a pathetic sack during garbage time. Sorry, there is nothing positive about this performance, and we have to watch the #1 adulterous a-hole jumping around celebrating on the sidelines. Losing is one thing. This was not close in the second half. It is embarrassing.

\Pennington had 300 yards, took huge hits, and picked apart the D when our line let him. He deserves no blame.

You are deluded, he only produced 1 TD, while giving up 1 and a FG. The defense also set him up for one of the FGs. We scored 16 points, 3 basically from the D, and another from Cotch going 70 yards for a TD, which is more him than Chad. So Chad got 2 FGs, while he gave up 10 points. If you really want to get down to it, Chad lost the game by himself, even if the defense didn't give up any points.

Now I remember where this Chad debate came from, it's not that some of us are haters, it's that some of us like to hold everyone on the team accountable, while others hold everyone but Chad accountable. Sorry bro, but there is no way I can take your statement seriously.

We just faced the best of the Pats. That was the Pats when they click on all cylinders. History shows that they are damn near unbeatbale by anyone when they are on like that. Sure we missed on a few opportunities, but there is no way that our team, as deficient as they are in numerous areas, was going to beat them today.

I pretty much agree. I think we're just a few players away still.

I'm not hanging my head in shame, I'm still proud of what the team has accomplished this year and I'm certain that we'll only get better under Mangini.

You are deluded, he only produced 1 TD, while giving up 1 and a FG. The defense also set him up for one of the FGs. We scored 16 points, 3 basically from the D, and another from Cotch going 70 yards for a TD, which is more him than Chad. So Chad got 2 FGs, while he gave up 10 points. If you really want to get down to it, Chad lost the game by himself, even if the defense didn't give up any points.

Now I remember where this Chad debate came from, it's not that some of us are haters, it's that some of us like to hold everyone on the team accountable, while others hold everyone but Chad accountable. Sorry bro, but there is no way I can take your statement seriously.

Are you kidding?

Did you see the pass he put in Coles hand IN THE ENDZONE... did you see Coles drop it when samuels hit him???

Sure blame it on Chad... that would have been 300 yards and 2 TD's... thats nto good enough???

Nice block Brick. The season ends on a pathetic sack during garbage time. Sorry, there is nothing positive about this performance, and we have to watch the #1 adulterous a-hole jumping around celebrating on the sidelines. Losing is one thing. This was not close in the second half. It is embarrassing.

Btw, that sack was on Kendall, not Brick. Brick had to leave his guy to help Kendall out with the inside man.

Chad was a big part of the reason we lost today. So was the run defense, especially the left side. Our defense did do a good job of holding up though in a lot of series. I also thought our corners gave too much cushion too often. We need to rebuild the right side of the OL or move Kendall to the right and get more of a run blocker on the left side. We also need an every down runner. Washington has looked good, just not sold on him as an every down guy.

Congrats to the Patriots on a game well played.

Are you kidding?

Did you see the pass he put in Coles hand IN THE ENDZONE... did you see Coles drop it when samuels hit him???

Sure blame it on Chad... that would have been 300 yards and 2 TD's... thats nto good enough???

:rolleyes:

come on man you have to admit that the whole team is to blame. chad did great but also had some crucial mistakes. bottom line, we lost

When he threw the pick for the score, the game was pretty much over already, not to mention it was more Samuel's skill than Pennington's bad decision/throw. On the lateral, it was a bad call, Brick let them get enough penetration to get in the way of the throw, nobody jumped on the ball, and chad threw the pass, so its not all on him. Don't make me break your olympics score in the arcade, I've let you keep it out of generosity. ;)

:rolleyes:

come on man you have to admit that the whole team is to blame. chad did great but also had some crucial mistakes. bottom line, we lost

name a mistake that HE made that cost us the game, you cant name one. He didnt call that screen, he didnt miss the block (dbrick) he put the ball in cloes hands in the endzone.. coles dropped it...

When he threw the pick for the score, the game was pretty much over already, not to mention it was more Samuel's skill than Pennington's bad decision/throw. On the lateral, it was a bad call, Brick let them get enough penetration to get in the way of the throw, nobody jumped on the ball, and chad threw the pass, so its not all on him. Don't make me break your olympics score in the arcade, I've let you keep it out of generosity. ;)

Did you read my post that ecurb responded to? I blamed the entire team and he threw a hissy fit, so I pointed that out. He thinks Chad deserves no blame whatsoever, but the rest of the team deserves all of it.

You win as a team and lose as a team. It was a team effort, stop with the finger pointing. The Jets had a good season, real good imo. And I am happy they are headed in the right direction. Ya know we could still have Edwards! Think about it...

Right, there's plenty of blame to go around. The only people imo, who don't deserve much or any of it are Cotch, Coles, and Baker. Everybody else made their share of mistakes.

Are you kidding?

We had NO running game and NE had given up a total of 10 TD passes ALL YEAR, 11 if you count the playoffs. Chad had 4 of them. With no running game, it was all on our passing game, against a huge strength of their team. I mean really, 10 TD passes all year. That's crazy. But you'll never get some people to accept that. Some people need a scapegoat, and unfortunately, it's Chad for a lot of people. Of course, maybe if Brick picks up the ball that was AT HIS FEET the game wouldn't have turned on us. THAT was the turning point of the game, not the INT for a TD. Give me a break people.