****Official Jets vs. Patriots Thread****

TaborJet

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The defense didn't throw the lateral, throw the INT, and fail to get TDs. The defense definitely deserves a share of the blame, but so does Pennington, and the rest of the team. We lost as a team, just like we win as a team. We failed on every level.

\Pennington had 300 yards, took huge hits, and picked apart the D when our line let him. He deserves no blame.

You are deluded, he only produced 1 TD, while giving up 1 and a FG. The defense also set him up for one of the FGs. We scored 16 points, 3 basically from the D, and another from Cotch going 70 yards for a TD, which is more him than Chad. So Chad got 2 FGs, while he gave up 10 points. If you really want to get down to it, Chad lost the game by himself, even if the defense didn't give up any points.

Now I remember where this Chad debate came from, it's not that some of us are haters, it's that some of us like to hold everyone on the team accountable, while others hold everyone but Chad accountable. Sorry bro, but there is no way I can take your statement seriously.

Are you kidding?

Did you see the pass he put in Coles hand IN THE ENDZONE... did you see Coles drop it when samuels hit him???

Sure blame it on Chad... that would have been 300 yards and 2 TD's... thats nto good enough???

When he threw the pick for the score, the game was pretty much over already, not to mention it was more Samuel's skill than Pennington's bad decision/throw. On the lateral, it was a bad call, Brick let them get enough penetration to get in the way of the throw, nobody jumped on the ball, and chad threw the pass, so its not all on him. Don't make me break your olympics score in the arcade, I've let you keep it out of generosity. ;)

Just to put everything in context, and I don't care about the high scores so you can break it if you want. I haven't been in the arcade for ages.

No 3rd down defense either. Let's draft some moe OL's. No need for any playmakers.

That was due a lot to bad 1st and 2nd down defense giving them short yard 3rd down opportunities. All game they had 3rd and short, where for the most part we had 3rd and longs.

We had NO running game and NE had given up a total of 10 TD passes ALL YEAR, 11 if you count the playoffs. Chad had 4 of them. With no running game, it was all on our passing game, against a huge strength of their team. I mean really, 10 TD passes all year. That's crazy. But you'll never get some people to accept that. Some people need a scapegoat, and unfortunately, it's Chad for a lot of people. Of course, maybe if Brick picks up the ball that was AT HIS FEET the game wouldn't have turned on us. THAT was the turning point of the game, not the INT for a TD. Give me a break people.

That play is on Chad. If he's going to throw a lateral he has to let the whole offense know as much, either in practice, in the huddle or when it happens, every time they run it.

name a mistake that HE made that cost us the game, you cant name one. He didnt call that screen, he didnt miss the block (dbrick) he put the ball in cloes hands in the endzone.. coles dropped it...

listen buddy i love chad but the fact that you say he has no blame that is just pure madness. my point is, everyone is to blame. im not blaming just chad im blaming the whole team man, thats all.

**** the pats god dammit

Just to put everything in context, and I don't care about the high scores so you can break it if you want. I haven't been in the arcade for ages.

OK. Btw, neither have I, nobody can break my scores so there's no reason to go back.

That play is on Chad. If he's going to throw a lateral he has to let the whole offense know as much, either in practice, in the huddle or when it happens, every time they run it.

Are you kidding? Seriously....

That was nto his ffault, they knew what the play was, every stood around...

YOU LEARN TO FALL ON THE BALL IN POP Fing WARNER FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That play was NOT Chads fault... if anything it was Shottys fault...

We had NO running game and NE had given up a total of 10 TD passes ALL YEAR, 11 if you count the playoffs. Chad had 4 of them. With no running game, it was all on our passing game, against a huge strength of their team. I mean really, 10 TD passes all year. That's crazy. But you'll never get some people to accept that. Some people need a scapegoat, and unfortunately, it's Chad for a lot of people. Of course, maybe if Brick picks up the ball that was AT HIS FEET the game wouldn't have turned on us. THAT was the turning point of the game, not the INT for a TD. Give me a break people.

If the guy gets blocked, we have no problem on that play. Tyr blocking.....it is usually a good thing for millionaire OL's to do.

OK. Btw, neither have I, nobody can break my scores so there's no reason to go back.

I think Max intends to put in more games soon, so when he does we'll probably all go back and play for a bit. I find few of the games any fun, and I haven't really been stuck at work without other options so I haven't had to play them.

listen buddy i love chad but the fact that you say he has no blame that is just pure madness. my point is, everyone is to blame. im not blaming just chad im blaming the whole team man, thats all.

**** the pats god dammit

Yeah, saying he has no blame is a little extreme. But there will be those that say Chad was solely to blame too, which is also a little extreme. You're exactly right in that everyone is to blame. Even the coaches. The coaches should have had it drilled in everyones' heads that on a backward pass the ball is live. They run that play so much you would think they would know that by now.

All true; I rememebr that from Pee Wee too. I hare that play because exactly that could happen, and it's not going for a ton of yards either way. And still, if that's the play, the QB reminds everyone in the huddle.

They run that play so much you would think they would know that by now.

It's just one of those things. That was one of the only plays i think ive seen where our offense wasn't aware to get on that ball. Sucks that it happened because it was a great drive and we could have come away with something.

Yeah, saying he has no blame is a little extreme. But there will be those that say Chad was solely to blame too, which is also a little extreme. You're exactly right in that everyone is to blame. Even the coaches. The coaches should have had it drilled in everyones' heads that on a backward pass the ball is live. They run that play so much you would think they would know that by now.

But nobody has said that in this thread, instead everyone except ecurb has been putting the blame on everyone. You yourself posted against a phantom group of people, that's exactly how the board spats begin, people make accusations, and rightfully others think they are being accused, because they think why would someone be making random accusations? Then more people jump in, nobody reads anything, and the boards become a mess. It's stupid and I had hoped it would have stopped by now, but I don't think it ever will. I just plan on keeping out of these arguments now personally.

But nobody has said that in this thread, instead everyone except ecurb has been putting the blame on everyone. You yourself posted against a phantom group of people, that's exactly how the board spats begin, people make accusations, and rightfully others think they are being accused, because they think why would someone be making random accusations? Then more people jump in, nobody reads anything, and the boards become a mess. It's stupid and I had hoped it would have stopped by now, but I don't think it ever will. I just plan on keeping out of these arguments now personally.

That's interesting considering you said this:

You are deluded, he only produced 1 TD, while giving up 1 and a FG. The defense also set him up for one of the FGs. We scored 16 points, 3 basically from the D, and another from Cotch going 70 yards for a TD, which is more him than Chad. So Chad got 2 FGs, while he gave up 10 points. If you really want to get down to it, Chad lost the game by himself, even if the defense didn't give up any points.

Now I remember where this Chad debate came from, it's not that some of us are haters, it's that some of us like to hold everyone on the team accountable, while others hold everyone but Chad accountable. Sorry bro, but there is no way I can take your statement seriously.

That's interesting considering you said this:

Goddamn, you have got to be going out of your way to be this stupid. You can search for that post, but you skip over the posts leading to it? How many times have I said everyone deserves the blame? I even spent an entire post quoting everything to put it in context. It's times like these that the personal attack rule really needs to be lifted, because someone like you absolutely deserves it for this nonsense. I refuse to believe you aren't doing this on purpose. Nobody can be that stupid.

Do you even have the ability to understand what you bolded, and combine that with reality? Did the defense give up zero points? Well? So how does that quote work, when you put that into context and in reality? I'm waiting for your answer, but I'm sure it will be retarded still.

Goddamn, you have got to be going out of your way to be this stupid. You can search for that post, but you skip over the posts leading to it? How many times have I said everyone deserves the blame? I even spent an entire post quoting everything to put it in context. It's times like these that the personal attack rule really needs to be lifted, because someone like you absolutely deserves it for this nonsense. I refuse to believe you aren't doing this on purpose. Nobody can be that stupid.

You said I made a phantom statement that no one in this thread stated that Chad was the reason we lost and YOU WERE THE ONE WHO MADE THE STATEMENT. It doesn't matter when you said it, you said it. Period.

And then you revert to your usual routine. Whenever someone either disagrees with you or proves a point against you, you immediately jump in with the personal attacks. We've debated before here and on TGG without issues in the past, except when you bring out the personal attacks. There's no need for it.

Do you even have the ability to understand what you bolded, and combine that with reality? Did the defense give up zero points? Well? So how does that quote work, when you put that into context and in reality? I'm waiting for your answer, but I'm sure it will be retarded still.

Leave out the personal attacks and I will.

You said I made a phantom statement that no one in this thread stated that Chad was the reason we lost and YOU WERE THE ONE WHO MADE THE STATEMENT. It doesn't matter when you said it, you said it. Period.

And then you revert to your usual routine. Whenever someone either disagrees with you or proves a point against you, you immediately jump in with the personal attacks. We've debated before here and on TGG without issues in the past, except when you bring out the personal attacks. There's no need for it.

YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE STATEMENT OR CONTEXT!!! YOU CAN'T JUST MISINTEPRET A STATEMENT AND THEN THINK YOU'VE "PROVEN" A POINT!!!! YOU CAN NOT POSSIBLY BE SERIOUS HERE???!!!???

I accused people of not reading everything. The only thing you've proven is you have bad reading comprehension and refuse to read anything that doesn't fit whatever agenda you are trying to spin.

I'm also probably affected by the alcohol now. I've downed 5 Sierra Nevadas, I don't feel drunk, but what do I know.

Everyone who quit on the play are to be blamed for that play, plain and simple. Chad quit. he was walking towards the sideline. So did the rest of the O-Line. They all f*&ked up that play. Betcha Mangenius fixes that next year.

Everyone who quit on the play are to be blamed for that play, plain and simple. Chad quit. he was walking towards the sideline. So did the rest of the O-Line. They all f*&ked up that play. Betcha Mangenius fixes that next year.

OK once the play happend and the ball was sitting there... yes that was the whole teams fault, including Chad... and mangini and crew for not yelling like BB was

YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE STATEMENT OR CONTEXT!!! YOU CAN'T JUST MISINTEPRET A STATEMENT AND THEN THINK YOU'VE "PROVEN" A POINT!!!! YOU CAN NOT POSSIBLY BE SERIOUS HERE???!!!???

I accused people of not reading everything. The only thing you've proven is you have bad reading comprehension and refuse to read anything that doesn't fit whatever agenda you are trying to spin.

I'm also probably affected by the alcohol now. I've downed 5 Sierra Nevadas, I don't feel drunk, but what do I know.

LOL....I'll hold off on replying until the alcohol wears off then :)

Archived