Its really sad.

ECURB

Eric Mangini has turned this team around, changed the way people think, just been a great coach.

People praise him left and right for his way of doing things...

Do people fail to notice that it is Eric Mangini that think Chad Pennington is our best option at QB? You know the same guy that your backing 100% then basically ripping his stratgey by bashing Chad...

Chad Pennington had the kind of game today that SHOULD HAVE made the "non-Chad-supporters" finally be silent...

He had over 300 yards, completed a lot of passes, managed the game well and nearly played lights out...

Imagine if Coles caught the TD pass Chad threw to him... but no blame it on Chad

Imagine if Shott knew that screen passes werent working and our guys blocked a little to keep the LB out of Chads face... but no blame that on Chad

Chad did his part to put us in position to win this game he played above average and had litle or no mistakes, but that wasnt good enough for some... they want a freakin superman to play QB for us...

Imagine if Coles cought that TD pass, someone fell on that fumble, and we won the game... the sad thing is I still think there are some people that would still be unhappy with Chad....

I have finally figured out that there are a select few that will never accept Chad Pennington as a starting JETS QB and that is sad.

Oh well, I guess I know who I get to fight with all winter/spring/summer

Cant wait to see Chad lead the 2007 JETS to the promise land when we actually have a good run D and a good RB....

Dude

Don't let the most idiotic poster on this board get you down

LL has no clue about football

Im not down, just mad people cant seem to see Chad is a winning QB. Im actually thrilled that I know there is a VERY good chance I will get to see Chad lead us to the playoffs agian next season.

Eric Mangini has turned this team around, changed the way people think, just been a great coach.

Do people fail to notice that it is Eric Mangini that think Chad Pennington is our best option at QB? You know the same guy that your backing 100% then basically ripping his stratgey by bashing Chad...

Chad Pennington had the kind of game today that SHOULD HAVE made the "non-Chad-supporters" finally be silent...

He had over 300 yards, completed a lot of passes, managed the game well and nearly played lights out...

Imagine if Coles caught the TD pass Chad threw to him... but no blame it on Chad

Imagine if Shott knew that screen passes werent working and our guys blocked a little to keep the LB out of Chads face... but no blame that on Chad

Chad did his part to put us in position to win this game, but that wasnt good enough for some... they want a freakin superman to play QB for us...

Imagine if Coles cought that TD pass, someone fell on that fumble, and we won the game... the sad thing is I still think there are some people that would still be unhappy with Chad....

I have finally figured out that there are a select few that will never accept Chad Pennington as a starting JETS QB and that is sad.

Cant wait to see Chad lead the 2007 JETS to the promise land when we actually have a good run D and a good RB....

I already said on other threads that I really liked the way he looked today. I'll be first to bash him when he sucks, and will praise him when he looks good, and today he did not "hold back" the team.

we get it, you're in love with chad, he did a good job this year. But you seriously need to tone it down a bit

Im comfortable liking Chad as our QB, Eric Mangini is too. All who think otherwise just have to deal with it.

Chad P had curtis Martin for years and struggled to put points on the board against the better teams in the league.

I like Chad P, but he is what he is.. He will not win you games.. If the Jets fall behind 14-0, they will have to depend on everybody else to bring them back..

Number and stats mean nothing when you turn the ball over.. He basically gave the Pats 10 points today.

However, I think Chad P is the best option the Jets have though. Ramsey stinks. I'm not sold on Clemmons. While Chad P struggled with 17 interceptions this year, there was no thought of bringing in Clemmons.. Yet while the Broncos, a SB pick by some, and Plummer struggled, Cutler was brought in. So either Clemmons hasn't shown much to the staff or he isn't that good yet.

So the Jets are what they are.. Chad P wasn't the reason this team lost today, but his turnovers did not help.

What this team needs, as I've said before, is a defense that will be shut down stop dead.

If the Jets defense played like the Pats defense, Chad P probably doesn't throw 17 interceptions this year.

The Jets need a top 5-6 defense to win.. Chad P is not Brady and he isn't Manning. He is a dink and dunk guy that'll make some plays now and again. He manages games well. He won't throw 4 TDs in a game, he won't throw 20 TDs in a season. But he usually doesn't make mental errors either.

So far what it is worth, Chad P will probably start again next year and for this team to be a playoff caliber team and winner, they need a defense that allows about 15-16 points a game.

If they don't have that, they might make the playoffs, tease the fans again, but wind up getting blown out in the playoffs like today.

Chad P isn't the reason this team lost today, but for what he is, he needs the Jets Defense to be one of the better defenses for this team to get to a super bowl.

Chad P had curtis Martin for years and struggled to put points on the board against the better teams in the league.

I like Chad P, but he is what he is.. He will not win you games.. If the Jets fall behind 14-0, they will have to depend on everybody else to bring them back..

Number and stats mean nothing when you turn the ball over.. He basically gave the Pats 10 points today.

However, I think Chad P is the best option the Jets have though. Ramsey stinks. I'm not sold on Clemmons. While Chad P struggled with 17 interceptions this year, there was no thought of bringing in Clemmons.. Yet while the Broncos, a SB pick by some, and Plummer struggled, Cutler was brought in. So either Clemmons hasn't shown much to the staff or he isn't that good yet.

So the Jets are what they are.. Chad P wasn't the reason this team lost today, but his turnovers did not help.

What this team needs, as I've said before, is a defense that will be shut down stop dead.

If the Jets defense played like the Pats defense, Chad P probably doesn't throw 17 interceptions this year.

The Jets need a top 5-6 defense to win.. Chad P is not Brady and he isn't Manning. He is a dink and dunk guy that'll make some plays now and again. He manages games well. He won't throw 4 TDs in a game, he won't throw 20 TDs in a season. But he usually doesn't make mental errors either.

So far what it is worth, Chad P will probably start again next year and for this team to be a playoff caliber team and winner, they need a defense that allows about 15-16 points a game.

If they don't have that, they might make the playoffs, tease the fans again, but wind up getting blown out in the playoffs like today.

Chad P isn't the reason this team lost today, but for what he is, he needs the Jets Defense to be one of the better defenses for this team to get to a super bowl.

I think improving the offense is still a big concern. Even if our defense holds opponents to 15-16 points a game, you can't really rely on this offense right now to score that amount, especially against the stiffer defenses that we would face in the playoffs and throughout next year's regular season. Chad needs a better O-line and if Leon isn't the guy, a better RB. After we get that maybe we can worry about the defense holding opposing teams. Defenses are usually built quicker and require more player movement to maintain than an offense, once you have a good offense generally you can rely on it for 5-10 years with small changes to it every once in awhile.

Brady has been doing this to defenses for years now though, I'm not sure if you can build a defense that will completely stop him. The reason why the Colts and other good teams beat the Patriots this year, is, one that it was the regular season, and two they jumped out to leads and then made the patriots pretty one dimensional, a dimension that had problems since the WRs are pretty bad. We were never able to force the Pats into catch-up mode this time, and that hurt the defense. We need more talent on both sides of the ball, but I think the offense should not be ignored to focus just on defense.

The offense can't just stand pat. Some OL help, maybe a better RB duo, but the fact is, the defense needs the most work.

Just ask Manning about defense.

As I've said before, as good as Brady is, that defense has an awful lot to do with why the Pats are as good as they are.

The offense can't just stand pat. Some OL help, maybe a better RB duo, but the fact is, the defense needs the most work.

As I've said before, as good as Brady is, that defense has an awful lot to do with why the Pats are as good as they are.

why do you put so many spaces between the lines of your text? Makes me not wanna read what you have to say.

anyway on topic: At least the offense had some long drives today, even if they couldn't finish them off. The defense couldn't stop anyone at all. The offense need improvement but not as much as the defense. If we let teams have 3-4 6 minute TD drives it is not gonna matter how good our offense is.

I agree the defense needs the most work, but I think mentioning Manning is a bit quizzical. The Colts haven't lost in the playoffs because of bad defense, they've lost because of bad offense.

I wrote this post on another board I think like a year ago, and it was in response to a huge Peyton fan so ignore those parts, but:

1999: 16-19 227 yards 0 TD 0 INT

2000: 17-23 194 yards 1 TD 0 INT

2002: 0-41 137 yards 0 TD 2 INT

2003: 14-24 237 yards 1 TD 4 INT

2004: 3-20 238 yards 0 TD 1 INT

2005: 18-21 290 yards 1 TD 0 INT

Those are Peyton's losses in the playoffs. The defense allowed 19, 23, 24, 20 and 21 points in 5 of those losses. When you take up most of the salary cap, and you are heralded as having the greatest offense of all time, consistently place #1 on power rankings and get talked about the entire season by fans, how the **** can you then turn around and start making excuses that your team isn't that good? He's mustered 3 TDs in 6 games, and you want to sit around blaming the defenses for all those losses? So in 2004, the defense shoulda held them to a safety, or pitched a shutout or something? In 2003, leading a team to 14 points while turning the ball over 4 times means it's the defenses fault? What about that 2002 game, where he manages the awesome total of 137 yards passing, and turned the ball over twice without scoring a point? I guess if the defense had just played better it coulda been a 0-0 tie right? You sure as hell are expected to do a lot more on offense than Small Time does.

Anyway, the point is, Peyton Manning is a scrub, and we need a better offense. If you look at the worst teams in the NFL, the defenses generally aren't as problematic as the offenses. The Raiders, Browns and Buccs have scored the lowest points and have the worst records in the NFL. Sure they gave up a whole buncha points too, but they weren't the worst in those categories. It's just really hard to win when you can't score points, when you can score points at least you can usually stay in games. It seems a lot harder to build a good offense than it is a defense, but once you build a good offense it lasts quite a while. So why not get the offense taken care of first, and then make those last few additions to defense when the offense is ready? To me that makes more sense than trying to build both at the same time or building the defense first, because the defense ages so much quicker and you'd always be trying to build both sides of the ball, instead of just worrying about the defense because the offense is taken care of. Just my 2 cents. Again though, I was too lazy to change the anti-Peyton stuff that was directed to someone else, so please don't think it is directed at you.

I'm sorry but his 300 yard passing means nothing. Usually the team that loses wins the passing yards game.

TX is right in this argument.

How did he perform in the redzone?... well, he didn't

How many points did he lead the team to in contrast to how many points did he give up?.... 16 scored, 10 given up... thats a 6 point differential, that won't do it.

Not only that, but when we really needed him to perform how did he do?... well ask Asante Samuel.

I already said on other threads that I really liked the way he looked today. I'll be first to bash him when he sucks, and will praise him when he looks good, and today he did not "hold back" the team.

Agree Vinny.

Look at the 8 "play-off" QB's we saw this w/end ......the (2) 1st ballot HOF QB's had better days than our QB and that's it.

We have too many posters who don't live in reality. They post as if a QB upgrade is staring us in the face, yet as we saw this w/end, our QB outplayed all but the two 1st ballot HOF QB's while facing the best front 7 and best HC of the w/end.

Now the "redzone" is the new chic phrase when critiquing Chad because we have to come up with a negative response to his 300yds and 14 of 15 completions at one point. Show me those positive runs or screens our RB's made in the redzone yesterday. Now go look at NE's.

When our QB had a running game in years past he was considered elite in the redzone.

Complain all you want....make the QB the goat all you want....that will never change with some of us. What also never changes is while the usual suspects want to blame the QB they never have the solution to their imagined problem.

Too many years of being beaten down by TX has caught up with some of you.

In fact Flotrain put it nicely on JI.

To start, it's important to put into perspective exactly what type of gauntlet Belichick has thrown up for opposing QBs in playoffs in games played in Foxboro. Take very careful note: 4 of these 5 games were played by NFL MVPs. These are their stat lines in those 5 games (all losses):

Gannon, 2001 - 17/31 for 159, 1TD 0INT

McNair, 2003 - 18/26 for 226, 1TD 1INT

Manning, 2003 - 23/47 for 237, 1TD 4INT

Manning, 2004 - 27/42 for 238, 0TD 1INT

Leftwich, 2005 - 18/31 for 179, 0TD 1 INT

3 TDs and 7 INTs?

Yikes. Pennington's 300 yard performance is actually the best the Pats have EVER seen in Foxboro in the postseason. It's a remarkable fact considering how terrible his protection was and the fact that his running game was nonexistent. He was very good, but he needed to be outstanding.

To start, it's important to put into perspective exactly what type of gauntlet Belichick has thrown up for opposing QBs in playoffs in games played in Foxboro. Take very careful note: 4 of these 5 games were played by NFL MVPs. These are their stat lines in those 5 games (all losses):

3 TDs and 7 INTs?

Yikes. Pennington's 300 yard performance is actually the best the Pats have EVER seen in Foxboro in the postseason. It's a remarkable fact considering how terrible his protection was and the fact that his running game was nonexistent. He was very good, but he needed to be outstanding.

Really well said there.

I'm not saying that we can't upgrade the position but I think he would be very hard to replace. The way I see it is the day that chad becomes the weakest link is the day we are winning super bowls.

Agree Vinny.

Look at the 8 "play-off" QB's we saw this w/end ......the (2) 1st ballot HOF QB's had better days than our QB and that's it.

We have too many posters who don't live in reality. They post as if a QB upgrade is staring us in the face, yet as we saw this w/end, our QB outplayed all but the two 1st ballot HOF QB's while facing the best front 7 and best HC of the w/end.

Now the "redzone" is the new chic phrase when critiquing Chad because we have to come up with a negative response to his 300yds and 14 of 15 completions at one point. Show me those positive runs or screens our RB's made in the redzone yesterday. Now go look at NE's.

When our QB had a running game in years past he was considered elite in the redzone.

Complain all you want....make the QB the goat all you want....that will never change with some of us. What also never changes is while the usual suspects want to blame the QB they never have the solution to their imagined problem.

Too many years of being beaten down by TX has caught up with some of you.

Good post. Chad was very good yesterday, with a good running game and his playaction fakes which are second to none, he would have been a GREAT QB yesterday. I cant wait till next year. I'm sure Mangini will upgrade the running game, that along with a good pass rusher is all thats missing to take us to the top.

What bothers me the most is people love Mangini, yet they hate who HE WANTS to be our QB... whatever

ecurb, take it easy man. Sure there is some unwarranted hating on Chad, but calm down man you're gonna bust a blood vessel. My take on Pennington, he had an ok season. Not horrible, not great. He did ok. What I don't agree with is the idea he earned a guaranteed start as the #1 QB next season. I also don't feel Mangini would ever annoint a player as such without having first earned it each year in the preseason.

Next season Clemens is going to have a chance to win the job in the preseason. If he does then the Clemens era begins because our coach feels Clemens is going to be better than Chad. If Chad earns it then we will continue with Chad because coach doesn't feel we have a better option. Chad's ok season this year has done nothing to guarantee him the #1 job next year, nor has it done nothing to guarantee that he won't be the #1 QB next year.

ecurb, take it easy man. Sure there is some unwarranted hating on Chad, but calm down man you're gonna bust a blood vessel. My take on Pennington, he had an ok season. Not horrible, not great. He did ok. What I don't agree with is the idea he earned a guaranteed start as the #1 QB next season. I also don't feel Mangini would ever annoint a player as such without having first earned it each year in the preseason.

Next season Clemens is going to have a chance to win the job in the preseason. If he does then the Clemens era begins because our coach feels Clemens is going to be better than Chad. If Chad earns it then we will continue with Chad because coach doesn't feel we have a better option. Chad's ok season this year has done nothing to guarantee him the #1 job next year, nor has it done nothing to guarantee that he won't be the #1 QB next year.

I agree with everything but would say his season was above average as in I think he would of been an upgrade at QB for at least 60% of the teams this year

3 TDs and 7 INTs?

That's fine if your goal is to lose to the Patriots, but we can lose to the Patriots just fine without trying you know. I thought the goal was to win a championship? But hey, the Patriots have good defense, as do the Ravens and Chargers, and heck that Colts Pass D is actually pretty durned good too, so we should just pack it in. Miami beat the Patriots what, 23-0? How could we possibly beat the Dolphins with those awesome numbers? We should just not have tried.

Winners win. Winners don't make excuses how others losers lost so it's fine to lose. Why not look at Brady's performances against top defenses that shut down other QBs and offenses in the playoffs? I've looked over the numbers before, and I know the results already, he's beaten the Steelers and everyone else other than the Broncos he's faced in the playoffs. He never had a running game except for one lone year when Dillon performed well, after already having won 2 Super Bowls.

Is Pennington Brady? Nope. Is Pennington to blame for the loss? Nope. Should we be happy we lost? Hell no. We had a good season, but to sit there and say it's okay if we lose to the Patriots because other people lost to the Patriots just doesn't fly imo. We will get better, and I will expect Pennington to do better and beat the Patriots, even if the Pats give up zero pass TDs all year next year. Pennington wasn't great, he was pretty good maybe, but in the end we didn't get the job done, and Pennington is part of the reason. He, like the rest of the team, will continue to improve and we will be back. Let's see if the Chargers sit around making excuses next week or if they go out there and throttle the Patriots before we crown them as Super Bowl Champions.

You know how I get... :)

I hope he competes with Clemens again this year, same as last... name the starter during the pre-season not the offseason. I want the JETS to win, PERIOD. I feel we have the best chance at that with Chad right now.

Hell I hope Clemens is the next Namath/Elway/Brady but considering he didnt even earn the backup job this year, I dont think any of us can assume he is ready to start.

Chad did his part to put us in position to win this game he played above average and had litle or no mistakes, but that wasnt good enough for some... they want a freakin superman to play QB for us...

E,I really don't see ANYBODY hating Chad.I hated that nail in the coffin interception,but overall he did a pretty good job.

I believe we can win a SB with him,it's just when you see Brady throwing darts around the field and then you see him.........you know.

i also blame him the most for not getting on that ball or yelling for someone to get on it,he's the general out there.The pats had the whole sideline yelling and we're walking around like 11 zombies.That was really the game summed into one play and Chad's better than that.Nobody walked away from that game thinking he did everything he could,it was disappointing overall.

Archived