Will there be any huge monsters

DonCorleone

Available either through the draft or FA to play NT? Our inability to stop the run has never been more evident...I think that a huge NT would make a big difference.

The Jets this year were horrendous inside (they ranked 32nd among all NFL DL's) they need a big dominating presence. Since DT's usually wear out pretty quick id like to bring in some fresh legs via the draft. There are a plethora of DT's in this draft, I think with our draft position in the mid 20's we could look at McBride for Tenn, Demarcus Tyler from NC State or Pitock from OSU but he would require a trade up which i think we could do with our 2nd rounder from Wash. Okoye is the real prize of the DT class, he is the best man for the job. If we get any of these guys it would be a huge upgrade.

The Jets this year were horrendous inside (they ranked 32nd among all NFL DL's) they need a big dominating presence. Since DT's usually wear out pretty quick id like to bring in some fresh legs via the draft. There are a plethora of DT's in this draft, I think with our draft position in the mid 20's we could look at McBride for Tenn, Demarcus Tyler from NC State or Pit**** from OSU but he would require a trade up which i think we could do with our 2nd rounder from Wash. If we get any of these guys it would be a huge upgrade.

None of those guys are big enough to play Nose in a 3-4 scheme. Pitcack doesn't even break 300 lbs. Maybe they can play DE in our 3-4 but they are not Nose Tackles.

None of those guys are big enough to play Nose in a 3-4 scheme. Pitcack doesn't even break 300 lbs. Maybe they can play DE in our 3-4 but they are not Nose Tackles.

We need some real beef.. Almost 300 lbs won't cut it. I don't know any of the players mentioned....Anyone around 340?

We need some real beef.. Almost 300 lbs won't cut it. I don't know any of the players mentioned....Anyone around 340?

Okoye is big i know, but pounds dont matter as much as pure technical skill Pitock can stuff the run like none other and will beef up and i agree if branch comes out which i dont think he will then we need to pursue a trade up. i dont want an average DT i want a stud and would be willing to sell the farm to for once stuff the run.

Okoye is big i know, but pounds dont matter as much as pure technical skill Pitock can stuff the run like none other and will beef up and i agree if branch comes out which i dont think he will then we need to pursue a trade up. i dont want an average DT i want a stud and would be willing to sell the farm to for once stuff the run.

If we draft Pittcack he has to play DE not NT. D-Rob is 20 lbs bigger than Pittcack and he gets pushed around in that role.

Robertson made a gamebreaking play today he's gotten better all season. We need to replace Kimo and some of our awful LB's alot more then him.

Robertson has gotten better but size does matter, At times he does get pushed around and at the end of games, he cannot generate the power...

Archived