Yanks sign Cairo

Bob

Mike, you are officially the David Koresh of the baseball forum minus the followers. Please add me to your ignore list so there will be no reason for you to comment on anything I say from here on out. You've made it quite clear that you believe your baseball knowledge is far superior to that of every other fan on this forum. Every stay you don't like is a fluke, meaningless, or overrated. For every ****ty player you do like, things like luck are the measuring stick. You are so full of yourself that it makes me sick.

I'm not full of myself. I just know how to tell a fluke stat from a stat that means anything. Good numbers with RISP over one year are clearly a fluke. Look at Cairo's RISP numbers the last 4 years

06: .323/.448/.771

05: .277/.232/.509

04: .327/.395/.722

03: .247/.299/.546

The only thing thats consistent about numbers with RISP is their inconsistency and fluctuation so signing a player because of their good numbers over one year with RISP couldn't be more foolish. The better hitters hit better with RISP and the worst hitters hit worse with RISP. It's that simple.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not full of myself. I just know how to tell a fluke stat from a stat that means anything. Good numbers with RISP over one year are clearly a fluke. Look at Cairo's RISP numbers the last 4 years

06: .323/.448/.771

05: .277/.232/.509

04: .327/.395/.722

03: .247/.299/.546

The only thing thats consistent about numbers with RISP is their inconsistency and fluctuation so signing a player because of their good numbers over one year with RISP couldn't be more foolish. The better hitters hit better with RISP and the worst hitters hit worse with RISP. It's that simple.

How's the remodeling on the compound going?

You can ignore reality all you want but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna keep trying to post on the topic.

Right. The topic is that you are insane and you decide which players you do and do not like. If you like a player you spin the story their way. Perfect example was how the Yankees would have been stupid to make a move for Mike Gonzalez becuase he had a WHIP that was higher than Ron Villone. Then when evaluation the prospects the Yankees got in their RJ trade I pointed out their WHIP and lo and behold, WHIP was now a meaningless stat that was useless in evaluating a player. That's right. The very same stat you used to try to convince me that a STUD closer sucked because you don't like him. So it was the basis of your argument for him, and when I threw it back at you it became useless because it worked against what you were trying to say. Then when I throw out the FACT that Randy Johnson and his 5.00 ERA had given up at least 5 ER a whipping 13 times last season, you attriubted that to bad luck of all things. You are completely insane. You need to start watching the game of baseball and stop reading about it in books. Might I recommend the Yankees vs. Red Sox playoff series in '04 when a stolen base is essentially what tunred the tide in that series. Watch that game and tell me that stolen bases are meaningless. I could give a damn what the MadMike/DavidKoresh MLB handbook says. I know from having watched the game of baseball for over 20 years that having a player on the bench who can get you an extra base in a big spot is huge. I know the game from playing it and watching it. You think you know the game because you read about it and analyze useless numbers. Carry on David.

13 of 14 in the SB department last year.

He must only run when he knows the bases is already stolen because Cairo is not fast at all, and like I said, he has poor range.

I dont really care about this move, I dont see anyone else out there better. Hopefully a minor league kid can take his place.

*not sure how BA is a meaningless stat LOL. The object is to try and get a hit when your at the plate, and I think hits pretty much tells that story. Would you take Ripken over Gwynn because Cal had a higher career Ops? I sure as hell wouldnt.

Right. The topic is that you are insane and you decide which players you do and do not like. If you like a player you spin the story their way. Perfect example was how the Yankees would have been stupid to make a move for Mike Gonzalez becuase he had a WHIP that was higher than Ron Villone. Then when evaluation the prospects the Yankees got in their RJ trade I pointed out their WHIP and lo and behold, WHIP was now a meaningless stat that was useless in evaluating a player. That's right. The very same stat you used to try to convince me that a STUD closer sucked because you don't like him. So it was the basis of your argument for him, and when I threw it back at you it became useless because it worked against what you were trying to say. Then when I throw out the FACT that Randy Johnson and his 5.00 ERA had given up at least 5 ER a whipping 13 times last season, you attriubted that to bad luck of all things. You are completely insane. You need to start watching the game of baseball and stop reading about it in books. Might I recommend the Yankees vs. Red Sox playoff series in '04 when a stolen base is essentially what tunred the tide in that series. Watch that game and tell me that stolen bases are meaningless. I could give a damn what the MadMike/DavidKoresh MLB handbook says. I know from having watched the game of baseball for over 20 years that having a player on the bench who can get you an extra base in a big spot is huge. I know the game from playing it and watching it. You think you know the game because you read about it and analyze useless numbers. Carry on David.
Only an idiot makes personnel moves based on one play in one game and not on the long history of numbers which is reality. I guess that would be you...

He must only run when he knows the bases is already stolen because Cairo is not fast at all, and like I said, he has poor range.

I dont really care about this move, I dont see anyone else out there better. Hopefully a minor league kid can take his place.

The Yankees have ZERO middle infield prospects.

Umm...I think it's his running that gets the base stolen. I don't recall any situations in which he was called safe before taking his lead from first. He's not a blazer but believe it or not Barton, stealing bases isn't always about speed. The greatest base stealer that ever lived wasn't even the fastest guy of his time. There were many players that were faster.

Umm...I think it's his running that gets the base stolen. I don't recall any situations in which he was called safe before taking his lead from first. He's not a blazer but believe it or not Barton, stealing bases isn't always about speed. The greatest base stealer that ever lived wasn't even the fastest guy of his time. There were many players that were faster.

I agree with that. Which is why I dont think his SB total/% means he's fast, like mbn seemed to be insinuating.

I'm not gonna cry over this move like madmike, hopefully Cairo wont have to play much though.

I agree with that. Which is why I dont think his SB total/% means he's fast, like mbn seemed to be insinuating.

I'm not gonna cry over this move like madmike, hopefully Cairo wont have to play much though.

I'm not crying. It's just upsetting to me that the yankees are being penny wise and dollar foolish and bringing in these horrible players that will cost them games.

Because i know a hell of a lot more about the yankee farm system then you and I and everyone else who knows anything about the yankee farm system (not you) knows that they are very weak in infield prospects right now.

I must have read the article wrong about the RJ trade then. My understanding was that they got a kid who hit a meaningless .290 last season and had a plus glove with the ability to play all infield positions. My bad Mr. Cashman.

I must have read the article wrong about the RJ trade then. My understanding was that they got a kid who hit a meaningless .290 last season and had a plus glove with the ability to play all infield positions. My bad Mr. Cashman.

Heh. Gonzalez is not a good prospect as anyone who knows anything about the minors (not you) knows. (Although he could probably do a better job then cairo.)

I'm not crying. It's just upsetting to me that the yankees are being penny wise and dollar foolish and bringing in these horrible players that will cost them games.

yeah, I remember when the Yankees were winning rings they were being real cheap and bringing in players like Mariano Duncan, Jose Vizciano, Charlie Hayes, god were those all some terrible moves. They've done so much better since adopting the "sign the best player even if we don't need them". Giambi, Sheefield, A-ROD...man...those guys had OPS numbers that were off the charts.

Heh. Gonzalez is not a good prospect as anyone who knows anything about the minors (not you) knows. (Although he could probably do a better job then cairo.)

Thinking you know and actually knowing are two different things kiddo.

Only an idiot makes personnel moves based on one play in one game and not on the long history of numbers which is reality. I guess that would be you...

To quote somebody in an earlier thread "are you going to lob insults or talk baseball"

Again, because you say so?

yeah, I remember when the Yankees were winning rings they were being real cheap and bringing in players like Mariano Duncan, Jose Vizciano, Charlie Hayes, god were those all some terrible moves. They've done so much better since adopting the "sign the best player even if we don't need them". Giambi, Sheefield, A-ROD...man...those guys had OPS numbers that were off the charts.

When they brought duncan here he was coming off of a 767 OPS season which is decent for a 2B. (MUCH better then Cairo)

Hayes was traded to the yankees after a 767 season but he didn't really help the yankees at all. He hit for a pathetic 716 OPS as a yankee and he hit under 200 in the 96 playoffs. he wasn't anywhere close to the reason the yankees won the series that year. He wasn't that good of a player.

Vizcaino was a bad player who got one big hit against the mets. The way to build a team is not to bring in bad players and hope they get big hits. thats retarded.

Hey Mike, baseball america seems to think they know everything about minor league baseball and they've made a horrible oversite in not checking with you first, but they went ahead and rated the Yankees 6th best prospect in the organization as a middle infielder. You need to call them up and help them get their story straight. Ya' know, because you know so much, I know so little, and the Yankees have zero middle infield prospects :rl: :rl: :rl:

Find me a top 100 prospects list that he's on.

okay, as soon as you get over yourself I'll find that list. See how I did that? We all know you'll never get over yourself so I'll never have to do it..:rl:

Hey Mike, baseball america seems to think they know everything about minor league baseball and they've made a horrible oversite in not checking with you first, but they went ahead and rated the Yankees 6th best prospect in the organization as a middle infielder. You need to call them up and help them get their story straight. Ya' know, because you know so much, I know so little, and the Yankees have zero middle infield prospects :rl: :rl: :rl:
What the hell are you talking about? Here is Baseball America's top 10 prospect list for the yankees:

1. Philip Hughes, rhp

2. Jose Tabata, of

3. Dellin Betances, rhp

4. Joba Chamberlain, rhp

5. Ian Kennedy, rhp

6. Chris Garcia, rhp

7. Tyler Clippard, rhp

8. J. Brent Cox, rhp

9. Mark Melancon, rhp

10. Brett Gardner, of

Where is the middle infielder? You don't think Chris Garcia is a middle IF do you?

When they brought duncan here he was coming off of a 767 OPS season which is decent for a 2B. (MUCH better then Cairo)

Hayes was traded to the yankees after a 767 season but he didn't really help the yankees at all. He hit for a pathetic 716 OPS as a yankee and he hit under 200 in the 96 playoffs. he wasn't anywhere close to the reason the yankees won the series that year. He wasn't that good of a player.

Vizcaino was a bad player who got one big hit against the mets. The way to build a team is not to bring in bad players and hope they get big hits. thats retarded.

Okay Mike..pop quiz buddy...how did the Yankees do with those players and how are they doing taking your approach of "gorilla ball"?

What the hell are you talking about? Here is Baseball America's top 10 prospect list for the yankees:

1. Philip Hughes, rhp

2. Jose Tabata, of

3. Dellin Betances, rhp

4. Joba Chamberlain, rhp

5. Ian Kennedy, rhp

6. Chris Garcia, rhp

7. Tyler Clippard, rhp

8. J. Brent Cox, rhp

9. Mark Melancon, rhp

10. Brett Gardner, of

Where is the middle infielder?

From baseball America

1. Philip Hughes, rhp

2. Eric Duncan, 3b/1b

3. Jose Tabata, of

4. C.J. Henry

5. Austin Jackson, of

6. Eduardo Nunez, ss

7. Marcos Vechionacci, 3b

8. Christian Garcia, rhp

9. Jeff Marquez, rhp

10. Tyler Clippard, rhp

By the way Mike, SS is a middle infield position (it refers to the SS and the 2B)

Now go ahead and look up his stats so you can tell me which ones were meaningless, which should be counted, and which numbers to omit...thanks kid.

okay, as soon as you get over yourself I'll find that list. See how I did that? We all know you'll never get over yourself so I'll never have to do it..:rl:

Keep laughing while i keep pointing out that you have no idea what you're talking about. Alberto Gonzalez isn't wasn't even a top 15 prospect in the Arizona system. He's marginal AT BEST.

From baseball America

1. Philip Hughes, rhp

2. Eric Duncan, 3b/1b

3. Jose Tabata, of

4. C.J. Henry

5. Austin Jackson, of

6. Eduardo Nunez, ss

7. Marcos Vechionacci, 3b

8. Christian Garcia, rhp

9. Jeff Marquez, rhp

10. Tyler Clippard, rhp

By the way Mike, SS is a middle infield position (it refers to the SS and the 2B)

Now go ahead and look up his stats so you can tell me which ones were meaningless, which should be counted, and which numbers to omit...thanks kid.

HA HA good job. That list is over a year old and Nunez isn't even a prospect anymore after posting a .569OPS this year. You won't find him on any current yankee top 30 list.

Uh oh...I found another one. This is now two minor league baseball publications that have not gotten the MadMike seal of approval. Get on it Mike. Get on it.

Pos Pos

Rank Rating Name Bat Thw Ht/Wt Current Team MLB Home

SS 1 Stephen Drew L R 6-0/185 Tucson (AAA) ARI Valdosta, GA

SS 2 Brandon Wood R R 6-3/190 Arkansas (AA) LAA Austin, TX

SS 3 Troy Tulowitzki R R 6-3/205 Tulsa (AA) COL Santa Clara, CA

SS 4 Adam Jones R R 6-2/200 Tacoma (AAA) SEA San Diego, CA

SS 5 Reid Brignac L R 6-3/170 Visalia (A) TAM Saint Amant, LA

SS 6 Elvis Andrus R R 6-0/185 Rome (A) ATL Venezuela

SS 7 Erick Aybar B R 5-10/170 Salt Lake (AAA) LAA Dominican Republic

SS 8 Marcus Sanders R R 6-0/160 San Jose (A) SFO Sarasota, FL

SS 9 C.J. Henry R R 6-3/200 Lakewood (A) PHI Oklahoma City, OK

SS 9 Sean Rodriguez R R 6-0/190 Arkansas (AA) LAA Miami, FL

SS 10 Joaquin Arias R R 6-1/165 Oklahoma (AAA) TEX Bda Santo Domingo, PR

SS 11 Cliff Pennington B R 5-11/175 Stockton (A) OAK Corpus Christi, TX

SS 12 Ian Desmond R R 6-2/185 Potomac (A) WAS Sarasota, FL

SS 13 Yunel Escobar R R 6-2/200 Mississippi (AA) ATL Cuba

SS 14 Eduardo Nunez B R 6-0/160 Charleston (A) NYY Dominican Republic

SS 15 Chris Nelson R R 5-11/176 Asheville (A) COL Decatur, IL

SS 16 Chin-Lung Hu R R 5-9/150 Jacksonville (AA) LAD Taiwan

SS 17 Trevor Plouffe R R 6-1/175 Fort Myers (A) MIN West Hills, CA

SS 18 Sergio Santos R R 6-2/240 Syracuse (AAA) TOR Bellflower, CA

SS 19 Tyler Greene R R 6-2/180 Quad Cities (A) STL Fort Lauderdale, FL

SS 20 Ben Zobrist B R 6-3/200 Durham (AAA) TAM Eureka, IL

SS 21 Jeff Bianchi R R 6-0/175 AZL Royals ® KAN Lampeter, PA

Uh oh...I found another one. This is now two minor league baseball publications that have not gotten the MadMike seal of approval. Get on it Mike. Get on it.

Pos Pos

Rank Rating Name Bat Thw Ht/Wt Current Team MLB Home

SS 1 Stephen Drew L R 6-0/185 Tucson (AAA) ARI Valdosta, GA

SS 2 Brandon Wood R R 6-3/190 Arkansas (AA) LAA Austin, TX

SS 3 Troy Tulowitzki R R 6-3/205 Tulsa (AA) COL Santa Clara, CA

SS 4 Adam Jones R R 6-2/200 Tacoma (AAA) SEA San Diego, CA

SS 5 Reid Brignac L R 6-3/170 Visalia (A) TAM Saint Amant, LA

SS 6 Elvis Andrus R R 6-0/185 Rome (A) ATL Venezuela

SS 7 Erick Aybar B R 5-10/170 Salt Lake (AAA) LAA Dominican Republic

SS 8 Marcus Sanders R R 6-0/160 San Jose (A) SFO Sarasota, FL

SS 9 C.J. Henry R R 6-3/200 Lakewood (A) PHI Oklahoma City, OK

SS 9 Sean Rodriguez R R 6-0/190 Arkansas (AA) LAA Miami, FL

SS 10 Joaquin Arias R R 6-1/165 Oklahoma (AAA) TEX Bda Santo Domingo, PR

SS 11 Cliff Pennington B R 5-11/175 Stockton (A) OAK Corpus Christi, TX

SS 12 Ian Desmond R R 6-2/185 Potomac (A) WAS Sarasota, FL

SS 13 Yunel Escobar R R 6-2/200 Mississippi (AA) ATL Cuba

SS 14 Eduardo Nunez B R 6-0/160 Charleston (A) NYY Dominican Republic

SS 15 Chris Nelson R R 5-11/176 Asheville (A) COL Decatur, IL

SS 16 Chin-Lung Hu R R 5-9/150 Jacksonville (AA) LAD Taiwan

SS 17 Trevor Plouffe R R 6-1/175 Fort Myers (A) MIN West Hills, CA

SS 18 Sergio Santos R R 6-2/240 Syracuse (AAA) TOR Bellflower, CA

SS 19 Tyler Greene R R 6-2/180 Quad Cities (A) STL Fort Lauderdale, FL

SS 20 Ben Zobrist B R 6-3/200 Durham (AAA) TAM Eureka, IL

SS 21 Jeff Bianchi R R 6-0/175 AZL Royals ® KAN Lampeter, PA

Yawn... more outdated crap.

HA HA good job. That list is over a year old and Nunez isn't even a prospect anymore after posting a .569OPS this year. You won't find him on any current yankee top 30 list.

Ummm...you do realize that every player in the minor leagues is a prospect right Mike? I mean, as much as you know about minor league basbeball I'm astounded that you would make such a riddiculous comment? He's not a prospect? Is he on a roster? If he's in the organization playing baseball...that makes him a prospect. Unless of course you use the MadMike criteria which is "I like you, so you're a prospect and I don't like you, so you aren't" For somebody who knows so much you sure don't know much.

I made you look like a fool. 6th best yankee prospect LMAO. Nice job pulling year old lists... You really don't want to get into an argument about the minors with me...

You're right...I've grown quite tired of beating you down with the major league stuff which you know little enough about.

Ummm...you do realize that every player in the minor leagues is a prospect right Mike? I mean, as much as you know about minor league basbeball I'm astounded that you would make such a riddiculous comment? He's not a prospect? Is he on a roster? If he's in the organization playing baseball...that makes him a prospect. Unless of course you use the MadMike criteria which is "I like you, so you're a prospect and I don't like you, so you aren't" For somebody who knows so much you sure don't know much.

WRONG. TRY AGAIN. Every player in the minors is NOT a prospect. In fact most of the players in the minors are nothing but career minor league roster filler that have no chance of making the big leagues.

You're right...I've grown quite tired of beating you down with the major league stuff which you know little enough about.

Keep coming out with stupidity like "every minor leaguer is a prospct" LMAO or "nunez is the 6th best prospect in the yankee system" LMAO wow you really are a complete and utter retard aren't you?

Archived