Biggest Need..

pjam76

Is for the Jets to switch conferences with the Giants...

Then the Jets could wind up in the Super Bowl.

Because the sad fact is the Colts have an avg aged team. Manning is 30. Adai is a rookie. Freeney is not that old. Harrison is not that much older than Coles. Same with Wayne.

THe Pats have some young offensive lineman. THey have a young WR. They have a rookie RB. They have 28 year old Brady.

The Chargers have a few more years, if not more, out of LT.. A young Merriman. A few other young defensive players. Philip Rivers is what, 26. Gates isn't that old.

The Bills beat down the Jets at home. They have a young defense. YOung QB. young offense.

Jax is a young team. Cincinnati is young. Denver has many young players. Pittsburgh has some young talent and probably a rejuvinated Big Ben next year.

Anything can happen from year to year, but the problem is, the Jets need to become a top contender next year or the year after because the fact is, other teams in the AFC aren't that old.....

Can't say that Brady or the Pats will stink. Colts will stink. Yeah anything is possible, but it's not something you can depend on happening..

The Jets need to build a top defense if Chad P is still around. For all that is said about Chad P, who else is out there?

I'm not sold on Clemmons. When all the other rookie QBs in the league spent some time starting, Clemmons wasn't even the backup at the end of the season. Did Mangin and staff know something?

He came in earlier this year as a backup. But when Chad went down for one play, Ramsey came in.. And it's not like Ramsey proved anything in his career. That is a concern.

LIke I said, they need a top 5 defense unless Brady or Manning come to town and start for the Jets.

Teams think like that all the time.. Teams prepare and plan to beat the better teams in the league.

The fact is, the AFC isn't exactly filled with old teams anymore.. Not now at least. Like I said, things can change.

The fact is, the Jets need a top 5 defense as long as Chad P is around.

And the longer Chad P is around, the older the rest of the team gets.

So either they build a top 5 defense are they won't win in the AFC.

We need defensive help, first and foremost.

A pass rushing OLB, a lock-down corner, a 3-4 end. Hopefully, we can fill those needs in free agency and be in position to draft the BAP.

We need Offensive help too. We only scored 6 points in the last 44:45 of the game...

FREE AGENCY TE - TONY GONZALEZ(CHAD HELP & NO MORE SCREENS)! (5)

FREE AGENCY RT - LEONARD DAVIS(THE WHOLE O LINE)! (4)

FREE AGENCY DT - TERDELL SANDS(CLOG THE MIDDLE)! (3)

FREE AGENCY DE - DWIGHT FREENEY(NUFF SAID) (2)

FREE AGENCY CB - ASANTE SAMUEL(NUFF SAID) (1)

DRAFT - 1ST ROUND DE - CARRIKER

DRAFT - 2ND ROUND - BPA GUARD

DRAFT - 2ND ROUND TRADE W/ SAN DIEGO FOR MICHAEL TURNER(THINK SHOTTY & HIS DAD WILL TALK THIS OFFSEASON AND WORK SOMETHING OUT?) I do.

DRAFT - 3RD ROUND - BPA

DRAFT - 4TH ROUND - BPA

DRAFT - 5TH ROUND - BPA

DRAFT - 6TH ROUND - BPA

DRAFT - 7TH ROUND - BPA

Not sure even with all our cap space we can do all this maybe 3 outta the 5 free agents I listed but hey 3 outta 5 of those guys I think is doable. Any capologists wanna jump in and project what these fa's will command? Thanks Lantern

You can't let the other team start at the 35 yard line every time.. It sucks that the Pats have a rookie kicker, yet it seemed the Jets were staring at the 10 or 15 or 20 yard lines all game.

But yeah, they were outscored 30-6 to end this game... It was a bad offensive showing.

But like I said, if Chad P is still around, it's not going to change much. He'll dink and dunk down to the 10 yard line and then fail to score TDs.. They've done this since 2001. And a RB won't do anything because we had Curtis Martin all those years and still couldn't score much in the playoffs.

When you face the better teams, you have to score red zone TDs. Just like the Giants didn't take advantage of good field position in the first half today, the Jets have a problem scoring when inside the 20. Be it bad WR, TEs, RB, or lack of a strong arm from Chad P, it is what it is and Chad P will probably still be starting next year.

So if they can build a top 5 defense, I think that'll give them a huge advantage.. If the defense can force turnovers and hold opponents under 15 points a game, Chad P won't need to do that much. SOmething he is good at, managing a game.

Right now, Chad P needed a huge game today with no turnovers. He put up nice numbers, but 1 TD and really 2 interceptions.... that lateral should be counted as a pick. Horrible play.

Chad P doesn't do 4 TDs in a game. Don't think he ever will. So until they get a QB who can do that, they need one of the top defenses in the league. It doesn't have to be a 2000 Ravens or 85 Bears defense or even the 2002 Bucs Defense, but it has to be one of the better ones in the league for this team to go far in the playoffs.