Will The Jets Win The Division In 2007

Maxman

You guys don't want to hear this but, if we finish 8-8 next season we will have played a lot better than we did this season. Obviously we are going to need an upgrade in talent on both sides of the ball. I guess the good thing is that NE should be losing more games too though.

You guys don't want to hear this but, if we finish 8-8 next season we will have played a lot better than we did this season. Obviously we are going to need an upgrade in talent on both sides of the ball. I guess the good thing is that NE should be losing more games too though.

you nailed it serphnx..we don't wanna hear it

With the schedule the AFCE teams have next year, 9-7 could very easily win the division.

Watch out for the Bills as well.

Losman improved tremendously during the course of the season.

With the schedule the AFCE teams have next year, 9-7 could very easily win the division.

Watch out for the Bills as well.

Losman improved tremendously during the course of the season.

I refuse to take the Bills and Loserman seriously. I expect them to do what they always do, come out and lose a whole bunch of games, then claw their way to respectability when it is too late. I expect the same out of the Cardinals, the trendy "sleeper" team every year.

Lets see what happens in free agency & the draft and if a change is made at QB from Pennington to Clemens. The schedule is brutal and we need improvement on defense and on the right side of the OLine as well as a starting RB.

Lets see what happens in free agency & the draft and if a change is made at QB from Pennington to Clemens. The schedule is brutal and we need improvement on defense and on the right side of the OLine as well as a starting RB.

With Chad taking snaps we win 8 games tops regardless how much the D gets inhanced. And it will. If KC steps up or we FA a Garcia type thrower, yeah we can win the division.

Sorry, a little lost here, maybe had something to do with this weekend having a few of my brain cells suck out through my......ah, story for another time. Anyway, how can someone sit here today and say an 8-8 season NEXT year would in some way mean we played better than our 10-6 season this year? How could anyone say a season not even played yet with a worse record would be better? You have some 'splainin' to do there.

I think he meant because we are going to have a tougher schedule.

Yeah but what is that based on? This years roster...

Im sure some teams were counting on the SB bound 2004 JETS as a loss for their team... look what happened...

You never know which team is going to be tough, and then you factor in the "any given sunday" thing...

Its really pointless to speculate our SOS for next season when we dont even know how good/bad those teams will be.

I think he meant because we are going to have a tougher schedule.

Nobody knows that for sure. Look at the saints this year. Look at us from 2004 to 2005 to 2006. Nobody should be looking at the schedule now before FA, the draft, and most importantly before the first game of 07 and say what is and is not a hard schedule.

Let's be honest, being in the afce means our schedule will always be hard for the next few seasons, but we deal with it. Who knows who next years Saints will be, and who next years tampa will be.

And I believe we improve in the draft and free agency and address most of our pressing needs, our Oline rooks have ayear under their belt, Rhodes and Vilma get better in year 2 on that defense, Chad has a full offseason to build his skills and not rebuild what he had before, and Leon becomes one year smarter and gets a full season to get a rhythm going. This all leads to us winning the division.

Not a poll, just a question. Will they overcome the Pats next year? I say yes.

If we make some good picks in the draft, which I'm sure Tangini will do, get a real running game going and stiffen up on defense, I can see it happening.

I have a feeling we're gonna have a killer D next year. They made constant improvement every week, and with Vilma and co. more used to the 3-4, and Rhodes playing the way he's capable, and a bit of an upgrade with the D-line and DBs, we'll be great.