Bad news at Combine...RB news

R44

***Negative combine news: After a fantastic workout and week it appears Nebraska OC Richie Incognito suffered a "serious knee injury"...

***Also, may prediction of Clarett did come true--7th round pick to undrafted...I never wavered from that

***A "reliable source" informed us that Ohio State RB Maurice Clarret ran hand times of 4.84 and 4.81 and was so "distraught" afterwards, he did not finish the workout.....Others running similar times to Clarret today were a trio of blocking fullbacks: Justin Green of Portland State ran a unofficial 4.77; Kevin Dudley of Michigan 4.86 and North Carolina's Madison Hedgecock 4.85.

***Some more unoffical 40 times of RB's today (note this is just 1 run, some may've done better in 2nd attempt): Nehemiah Broughton Citadel 4.48 at 250 lbs; DeAndra Cobb from Michigan State ran a 4.38; J.J Arrington of Cal ran a 4.49; K.J Harris of West Virginia a 4.56

Don't ask me who the "reliable source" is, but I'm sure Maxman (plus Bitonti and Hammer)knows who I took the info from....By the way, most of his info tonight on another board doesn't jive with the NFL Network :twisted:

Unbelievable end to the Clarett story, isn't it? He crippled that Ohio State program, he almost turned the NFL in the NBA by trying to blow up their draft restrictions, and then he shows up and runs a 4.8. Unbelievable.

Rigs, what do you know about DeAndre Cobb? I saw him a few times at MSU and thought he was productive, but never really did anything outstanding.

Not a lot TS...Today was clearly a "huge day" for Cobb, who basically only had 1 season in major college football (JC transfer; former CB)...

2004 stats: 96 att 728 yards 7.6 avg 4 TD's 72 long

He split time with another RB and athletic QB Drew Stanton picked up huge yards (should be safety?)...

Cobb is small--probably like 5-9, or so...

Don't know much about him, but I bet he's much happier than Clarret tonight--he did real well. :-k

I agree that Clarett is a long shot--have always contended this...Remember, he attempted to sue the NFL in order to let the allow 18 year olds to play (NBA mess?)....NFL owners must hate him with a passion :evil:

I really believe Colts pres Bill Polian, who runs the NFL draft, basically invited him to the combine, so he hang himself and never bring suit against the NFL for being black-listed....Polian always new he was "fat and slow".

Don't think Polian wouldn't do it :twisted:

You've got us confused with another JI poster who probably already does that :P :twisted:

Unless we get some "help", I'm pretty overwhelmed as is...but if we do, we'll gladly accept the chance to plug it at JN :wink:

***Negative combine news: After a fantastic workout and week it appears Nebraska OC Richie Incognito suffered a "serious knee injury"...

Hey how did he hurt his knee? Running the 40?

Brutal. Last I checked there was no contact at the combine. That is really a tough break.

Around the combine

League officials are forever griping about the number of prospects who annually decline to participate in all of the on-field drills here. The events of Saturday, though, might make it even more difficult for coaches and general managers to convince players that it is in their best interests to complete every event. Nebraska center Richie Incognito, a center prospect who bypassed his final year of college eligibility to enter the draft and who was considered a first-day pick, suffered what appeared to be a very serious knee injury in an afternoon drill. Incognito's knee caught in the artificial surface of the RCA Dome -- which was rated one of the worst surfaces in the league in a recent survey by the NFL Players Association, and which is scheduled to be replaced this offseason -- and he went down in a heap. Incognito was removed from the field on a cart and immediately scheduled for an MRI exam. If the injury is as serious as some scouts described it, there may be a chance Incognito doesn't even get drafted.

Terrible field will do that. But even grass fields it happens...WR Marc Boerigter of the Chiefs was ready to burst out in 2004 with his speed and his size and he was injured in pre-season on grass--no one 10 yards close to him...

Same happened to Redskins safety Matt Bowen.

Point? I guess it's easy to blame the turf, but it just happens in football...

Yatil Green anyone?

Maxman, there's more to this story. He's a weird (but very talented) player, who couldn't stop fighting in games, ect...Bad temper.

Was basically kicked out school at Nebraska (Alk knows better than me), despite being their best lineman....Then goes to Oregon State and just decides he hates school and quits.

So he sits out the entire 2004 season, just lifting weights and working out for this weekend....Then this happens and he could miss another season :x

He's a very temperental person (almost out of control)...Let's hope this doesn't just tear him up bad.

Maxman, there's more to this story. He's a weird (but very talented) player, who couldn't stop fighting in games, ect...Bad temper.

Was basically kicked out school at Nebraska (Alk knows better than me), despite being their best lineman....Then goes to Oregon State and just decides he hates school and quits.

So he sits out the entire 2004 season, just lifting weights and working out for this weekend....Then this happens and he could miss another season :x

He's a very temperental person (almost out of control)...Let's hope this doesn't just tear him up bad.

Wow, sounds like Lawrence Phillips with bad luck.

Pretty wild ride for him.

Archived