Here's my letter to ESPN

SoFlaJets

As a lifelong Jets fan I was pretty much P-oed at ESPN's little Jets draft day montage showing all the failures.Why is it that the Jets had to be singled out as the one team that has made bad picks with bad results from bad regimes?Why not do one on Oh,say,the Dolphins who haven't made a decent pick since Jason Taylor in '97.Why do the Jets have to be the ONLY team mocked?You know I've been thinking about this since Saturday and it hasn't gone away so-this letter.We the people of the Jets Nation are curious as to the thinking of the producer(s)or "experts" that thought it MIGHT be fun and /or funNY.It wasn't.There are alot Jets fans on the boards are still wondering about this blatant mockery

I thought that piece was clever, funny and downright entertaining. Bravo, ESPN =D>

Speaking of ESPN - did you see my man Troy Brown in the battle of the football stars last nite? Great athlete, great attitude, looks to be in fantastic shape. Any team would be LUCKY to have him....

As a lifelong Jets fan I was pretty much P-oed at ESPN's little Jets draft day montage showing all the failures.Why is it that the Jets had to be singled out as the one team that has made bad picks with bad results from bad regimes?

Because no other team in the NFL has had as many draft failures as the Jets.

The Jets are still the laughingstock of the NFL.

I enjoyed the piece. The fact is, draft failures and the reactions of our diehard fans is a big part of the history of the Jets. It's better that our history is celebrated rather than ignored. The best part about the piece was how the fans were so accurate when they felt the picks were busts. It also shows how far we have come under Bradway from an organization that usually ran without a GM and had no direction whatsoever!

Oh here's a great draft class

Drafts for 2000

RD PLAYER PK POS COLLEGE NOTES

2 Adrian Klemm 46 T Hawaii

3 J.R. Redmond 76 RB Arizona State

4 Greg Randall 127 T Michigan State Compensatory Pick

5a Dave Stachelski 141 TE Boise State

5b Jeff Marriott 161 DE Missouri from St. Louis Rams for DE Mike Jones

6a Antwan Harris 187 S Virginia

6b Tom Brady 199 QB Michigan Compensatory Pick

6c David Nugent 201 DE Purdue Compensatory Pick

7a Casey Tisdale 226 OLB New Mexico

7b Patrick Pass 239 FB Georgia Compensatory Pick

I see one player

And from JI now to JN, you are still the arrogant ass who has nothing better to do than troll on an opposing team's message board.

You really are obsessed...I doubt it is healthy for you. Perhaps you should spend less time online here and more figuring out your pathetic excuse for a life.

1999 and another one

Damien Woody 17 C Boston College

1c Andy Katzenmoyer 28 LB Ohio State (from NY Jets in compensation for Bill Parcells)

2a Kevin Faulk 46 RB Louisiana State

3b Tony George 91 SS Florida (from Minnesota Vikings in a trade for CB Jimmy Hitchcock)

5 Derrick Fletcher 154 G Baylor

6a Marcus Washington 180 S Colorado (from Baltimore Ravens in a trade for TE Lovett Purnell)

7a Michael Bishop 227 QB Kansas State

7b Sean Morey 241 DB Brown (from NFL as compensation for losing free

I see what 2 guys here worth mentioning

1 Richard Seymour 6 DL Georgia

2 Matt Light 48 T Purdue Choice from Detroit - (NE acquires Detroit's 2001 second round (48th overall - OL Matt Light) pick for the Patriots 2001 second round (50 overall, from Pittsburgh) pick and sixth round (173 overall, from San Francisco) pick).

3 Brock Williams 86 CB Notre Dame Choice from Minnesota (NE trades third round selection

TX, TX, TX...

Gotta admit, you're consistent.

But laughingstock?

Then get ready for some laughs.

Dec 4 & 26

d

And from JI now to JN, you are still the arrogant a$$ who has nothing better to do than troll on an opposing team's message board.

You really are obsessed...I doubt it is healthy for you. Perhaps you should spend less time online here and more figuring out your pathetic excuse for a life.

Thanks for the compliment.

Greatly appreciated. :wink:

in comparison;1999 Jets draft picks

Rnd Pick Ovrall Name College Pos

2 26 57 Randy Thomas Mississippi State G

3 29 90 David Loverne San Jose State G

4 28 123 Jason Wiltz Nebraska DT

5 29 162 Jermaine Jones NW Louisiana DB

6 14 183 Marc Megna Richmond LB

6 28 197 J.P. Machado Illinois G

7 17 223 Ryan Young Kansas State T

7 29 235 J.J. Syvrud Jamestown DE

The 2000 New York Jets Draft:

HMMM not bad......

1 12 12 Shaun Ellis Tennessee DE

1 13 13 John Abraham South Carolina LB

1 18 18 Chad Pennington Marshall QB

1 27 27 Anthony Becht West Virginia TE

3 16 78 Laveranues Coles Florida State WR

5 14 143 Windrell Hayes USC WR

6 13 179 Tony Scott North Carolina State DB

7 12 218 Richard Seals Utah DT

The 2001 New York Jets Draft:

not great but I've seen worse

1 16 16 Santana Moss Miami (FL) WR

2 18 49 LaMont Jordan Maryland RB

3 17 79 Kareem McKenzie Penn State T

4 6 101 Jamie Henderson Georgia DB

7 6 206 James Reed Iowa State DT

7 17 217 Situpe Peko Michigan State

vanDoug, ESPN did that piece on the Jets failures.

Not the Cards, Lions, Saints or Browns.

Now, I'd see how it would be for the Browns, Lions, Ain'ts or Cards, if was in Cleveland, Detroit, New Orleans, Arizona, or elsewhere... but in case your logic button is broken, the draft does take place in New York. And, the Jets always have the most fans in attendance. And, not for nothing, they do keep playing how Philly fans booed the Donovan McNabb pick, just for the record :wink: :x

My favorite part:

Jets fans chanting "Sapp! Sapp! Sapp!" and then Tags gets up and announces Kyle Brady. :lol::lol::lol:

Ahhhh, life as a Jets fan.

AND BAUMERJET & FOXJET WERE THERE!

Yeah, we were. I was the one in the "Throwback" NY JETS 75th aniversary football Jersey - 1927 throwback. Foxjet was right behind me on the right in the old jets Helmet t-shirt. Funny thing about that day, we had to chew out Doris from Rego Park because she was throwing off color comments to a HOT african-american woman. Thank goodness I can still remember some Yiddish words! :wink:

Foxjet ended the conversation with the late coffer by calling her "MARGE SHOTT!" =D>

The best was when Brady tried to come up to our area & we told him to STAY DOWN THERE - WE WANTED SAPP! :lol:

Hey, can anyone get me a copy of the look on all of our faces at that pick?

If you do I'll be able to add it as a cover picture for my site some time this fall!

Archived