Chad arm strength

ECURB

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If, by some chance, Chad Pennington reads this site, expect a restraining order to arrive in the mail soon.

nice response...

Why dont you watch it? You will clearly see he can complete 30-40 yard throws... anything longer is not needed in the NFL its merely a luzury.

Sorry your just mad I have video to prove my point...

Im not stupid, its not the best... but he can get it done

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29278

Check out the video this person made

In it you will see a handfull of Pennington LONG BALLS OVER 30 yards...

I didn't watch the video but I can guess that those long balls were straight down the field or the sidelines. Am I correct?

Can Chad throw the 10-15 yard out on a rope?

The "pass" he threw on Sunday that Samuel picked-off was in slow motion. He just can't make that kind of throw.

I didn't watch the video but I can guess that those long balls were straight down the field or the sidelines. Am I correct?

The "pass" he threw on Sunday that Samuel picked-off was in slow motion. He just can't make that kind of throw.

dont think there was an out

Just trying to make my point that he isnt AS limited as some think... anyways I would rather he cant throw outs and 50 yard bombs becuase he is more accurate than most who CAN throw those...

This man is the anti-tx. He essentially is Tx, but instead every post being "Chad has a noodle arm" is changed to "Chad has a rocket arm".

I NEVER said he has a "rocket arm" nor do I think he does, read above I said 30-40 yard throw... I know beyond that will be a floater...

My point is that thereis no need to throw beyond that

the one at 4:50 was a deep out, about 25 yards alomst 30 againt HOUSTON

Good enough for you, it wasnt a farve bullet but it was pretty quick

Im sure someone will find a way to discredit this... but whatever I saw the pass...

Almost like when Mangini was asked about Chad making these throws he said the same thing, From the video I see of him, he can.

I NEVER said he has a "rocket arm" nor do I think he does, read above I said 30-40 yard throw... I know beyond that will be a floater...

My point is that thereis no need to throw beyond that

You are missing the point mate. NFL QB's need to make those 10-15 yard out throws.

Every QB in the NFL can throw the ball 50-70 yards "in the air" (as you say).

What separates them is the ability to throw the 10-15 yard sideline strike.

If you have Sunday's game on tape I would suggest you watch Brady. He makes those throws.

You are missing the point mate. NFL QB's need to make those 10-15 yard out throws.

Every QB in the NFL can throw the ball 50-70 yards "in the aire" down the field.

If you have Sunday's game on tape I would suggest you watch Brady. He makes those throws.

How can he make the 25 yard out (on the video) but not a 10-15 yard one? I must hear the reasoning there...

Every QB in the NFL can throw the ball 50-70 yards "in the aire" down the field.

The Asstralian is right. And it's not like Brady has a rocket-launcher arm. But the difference is dramatic. Every college QB who doesn't get drafted b/c of arm strength can throw a 30-40 yd rainbow.

Im not stupid, its not the best... but he can get it done

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29278

Check out the video this person made

In it you will see a handfull of Pennington LONG BALLS OVER 30 yards...

Its easy to put together a video where you will see Penny complete a few long balls. Thats all he has completed, a handful. The real challenge would be to put together a video of all the ones hes missed on.

Its easy to put together a video where you will see Penny complete a few long balls. Thats all he has completed, a handful. The real challenge would be to put together a video of all the ones hes missed on.

Quoted for lack of truth

not many, prove me wrong I bet you cant without any proof other than you opinion...

Becuase me and Eric Mangini are on the same page

How can he make the 25 yard out (on the video) but not a 10-15 yard one? I must hear the reasoning there...

You know this isn't me crapping on the Jets or Penny right?

I just watched that video, which was very good by whoever made it, and I never saw a strike to the sidelines.

Plenty of rainbows and a couple of good passes between the hashes but that is it.

I like you mate. Just don't get all wrapped up in one player.

I worshiped Drew Bledsoe because he took my crappy team to the playoffs but I soon realized he was not the answer. I was calling for his head in 1998 for crap sake!

Anybody can look good in a highlight reel. Please, lets not judge Chad's ability to throw a deep ball based on the 5 plays that are shown throughout a 16 game season.

How many deep balls did Brady complete on Sunday against us, how many the time before thand, and before that... I bet it wasnt more than a few...

Showing 5 plays is actually a lot for the deep ball

How many deep balls did Brady complete on Sunday against us, how many the time before thand, and before that... I bet it wasnt more than a few...

Showing 5 plays is actually a lot for the deep ball

See my above post.

It isn't about "deep" balls it's about throwing the ball on a rope to the sidelines.

You know this isn't me crapping on the Jets or Penny right?

I just watched that video, which was very good by whoever made it, and I never saw a strike to the sidelines.

Plenty of rainbows and a couple of good passes between the hashes but that is it.

I like you mate. Just don't get all wrapped up in one player.

I worshiped Drew Bledsoe because he took my crappy team to the playoffs but I soon realized he was not the answer. I was calling for his head in 1998 for crap sake!

at 4:50 gainzo, he threw from the middle of the field 25 yards out to inbetween the #'s and the sideline...

I hear ya, dont worry I support the team more than one player, we just happen to have a lot of people who dont seem to agree with me on pennington... for the most part we agree on everything else so theres nothing to talk about...

You can also ctach me defending Vilma against the "trade vilma" people

now your just getting flat out picky...

Fine then according to your logic, I again would say that in that case the "deep ball" is not required to be a good QB, its a once in a while lucky throw... you dont see them very often and most of the time they come up incomplete.

its the 25-35 yarders that win games by eating up time on the clock and picking up big 1st downs.

The threat and ability to complete a deep ball is necesarry, which yes is required to be a good QB. It'd be nice to be able to play the whole field for once.

Quoted for lack of truth

not many, prove me wrong I bet you cant without any proof other than you opinion...

Becuase me and Eric Mangini are on the same page

Please. Just a quick few. Underthrew JMac in Green Bay and got picked, under threw him twice against Miami, one he slowed down and made a great catch on, the other he ran into the db and got a pass interference call. He underthrew Coles againt the Raiders when he was wide open behind everybody, Coles tried to stop and wait for the ball but was hit by the Db as it got there and dropped it.

Please. Just a quick few. Underthrew JMac in Green Bay and got picked, under threw him twice against Miami, one he slowed down and made a great catch on, the other he ran into the db and got a pass interference call. He underthrew Coles againt the Raiders when he was wide open behind everybody, Coles tried to stop and wait for the ball but was hit by the Db as it got there and dropped it.

didnt see the GB one, but I couldnt watch that whole game...

Miami was a freaking monsoon.... and he made a couple nice long throws that day too, of course he will be inconsistant in a downpour...

that throw against the raiders he obvioulsy wanted coles to come back to the ball, like most will admit he cn throw it deep but its just a rainbow... he didnt even try to throw that over his shoulder

This is just ridulous.

Are you aware (most of us) are Jets fans erurb? Meaning, we have all seen this before, and we see every single throw that Chad makes.

Highlight videos are for college players. Hell, for players on NFL teams that not many people have got to watch. But, if you expect if you expect to change people's minds about a JETS player by showing a spliced together video of only good plays, you are insane. As if watching a hype video is going to make people suddenly say "Wow, you know what? Chad has a ****ing cannon! How did I not notice that before?!"

didnt see the GB one, but I couldnt watch that whole game...

Miami was a freaking monsoon.... and he made a couple nice long throws that day too, of course he will be inconsistant in a downpour...

that throw against the raiders he obvioulsy wanted coles to come back to the ball, like most will admit he cn throw it deep but its just a rainbow... he didnt even try to throw that over his shoulder

Why would he have wanted Coles to come back to the ball when he was wide open behind everyone!

This is just ridulous.

Are you aware (most of us) are Jets fans erurb? Meaning, we have all seen this before, and we see every single throw that Chad makes.

Highlight videos are for college players. Hell, for players on NFL teams that not many people have got to watch. But, if you expect if you expect to change people's minds about a JETS player by showing a spliced together video of only good plays, you are insane. As if watching a hype video is going to make people suddenly say "Wow, you know what? Chad has a ****ing cannon! How did I not notice that before?!"

He really is becoming the Anti-Tex..

Why would he have wanted Coles to come back to the ball when he was wide open behind everyone!

Who knows, maybe he wanted to play it safe... Im sure Mangini didnt want to take any risks against a team they AHD to and were supposed to beat...

You could tell that he didnt underthrow, it was on purpose... the reason why.. IDK

Archived