Chad arm strength

ECURB

I have said many times I want and fully expect Chad to be better next year....

I think your closed minded NOT to think that our super smart QB maybe juussttt maybe is having a ahrd time becuase he has NEVER beeen able to train in the offseason, he is always hurt. Now this time he had a full year to shake off the rust, and will be able to train hard all summer.

If we had a running back that was always hurt wouldnt you want to replace him?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to calm down with chad, he is the best option at qb right now. But he does have a lot of weaknesses. This past year he couldn't make those throws. Maybe a miracle happens and this offseason he finds arm strenght and can make them next year. Stranger things have happened, but I doubt it.

If we had a running back that was always hurt wouldnt you want to replace him?

I was happy when we drafted Clemens, he is not ready.

You tell me who we could get that would be an upgrade over Chad and I will let you know if we should find a replacement.

To answer your question, yes if we could.

Chad has now proven he can take an entire season of a beating and proved that the other injuries were flukes, he is not weak, he is a tough competitor.

You tell me who we could get that would be an upgrade over Chad and I will let you know if we should find a replacement.

Chad has now proven he can take an entire season of a beating and proved that the other injuries were flukes, he is not weak, he is a tough competitor.

I understand this, but how do you know that clemens isn't ready. For that matter no one knows so you can't say that. Before this season everyone said that Romo, Young, Lienart, and Cutler weren't ready to play. But that backfired in there face you have to give him a chance to prove himself.

Chad has little to no improvisational skills after the play has broken down. When the play is busted, he either gets sacked, or runs.

He never has, and never will, make a play like Brady made to Jabar Gaffney on that busted play Sunday.

That's so true, and I'm beginning to wonder if Chad is too cerebral for his own good.

I'm thinking back to something Herm once said that actually makes sense. Yes, I did indeed say that Herm once said something that makes sense. :lol:

He implied that the only thing holding Chad back, was that he overthought everything. He said he told him to stop thinking too much, and just play. Have fun out there. Or something along those lines.

I think Chad can make all the throws, but he knows his limitations. He can, and has threaded a few with zip, on a few rare occasions, but he is definately more of a touch passer.

He uses his intelligence to overcome his lack of arm strength and excels at reading the defense and placing the ball where he receivers can make big plays on YAC, and he's pretty darn good at it.

However, this also makes him a pretty boring QB for most. How many defenses have referred to his lulling them to sleep. :)

But that's what he does, and that's what he is good at. He won't "wow" anybody, but he can be a winner.

As soon as I get that new phone system that allows me to converse with all of the other gms around the league and find out whose available I will. until then Ill leave that to the Gm and coach.

He has? Really, he has had a major injury in 3 of the 5 seasons he has played in and only started 53 out of a possible 80 games and those are flukes. he certainly isnt getting any younger. I thinke he is Mangini's equivalent of a "hold the fort guy".

I have said many times I want and fully expect Chad to be better next year....

He had a handfull of stupid INT's this year, I dont think he will next year.

Coles has been great all year, i always use him as the example becuase he is one of the few that epople always seem scared to blame.

I think your closed minded NOT to think that our super smart QB maybe juussttt maybe is having a ahrd time becuase he has NEVER beeen able to train in the offseason, he is always hurt. Now this time he had a full year to shake off the rust, and will be able to train hard all summer.

Your crazy if you dont think he will get better, and if he was good enough to start 17 games this year, being better next year will only keep Kellen on the bench again.

Your to Bias to admit he is a starting QB, which our HC sure thinks he was... or they would have been more serious about a VET QB... not Ramsey

He had a handful of stupid interceptions this year, and he also had a handful of them dropped. There were at LEAST ten occassions that Chad had gimme picks dropped this season and he is very lucky to only end up with 16.

I'm tired of the whole "He needs a whole camp" thing. What has happened every single time, sans 2002, that he has been healthy during the offseason? He gets hurt. Playing his first full season at age 30 does absolutely nothing to dispell that he is injury prone.

That really is the big thing here. He is 30. Will be 31 next season. He is not getting better. He has peaked physically and that arm ain't gonna get stronger. He is what he is. An average NFL starting QB. And that is not good enough. Not for us. If you want to win 9-10 games and get bounced before the AFC Championship game, go for it. But, if you want to win a Super Bowl, you have got to do better than that.

He has? Really, he has had a major injury in 3 of the 5 seasons he has played in and only started 53 out of a possible 80 games and those are flukes. he certainly isnt getting any younger. I thinke he is Mangini's equivalent of a "hold the fort guy".

Yes his wrist was a fluke, sorry bones arent made of steel.

His shoulder was a rough hit that happend JUST the right way and would have injured any QB

The second shoulder hit was the same

They have ntohing to do with his durability, 99.99 out of 100 guys would have suffered the same injury in the same situations.

Yes his wrist was a fluke, sorry bones arent made of steel.

His shoulder was a rough hit that happend JUST the right way and would have injured any QB

The second shoulder hit was the same

They have ntohing to do with his durability, 99.99 out of 100 guys would have suffered the same injury in the same situations.

Saw the x-rays Doc.

Saw the x-rays Doc.

wtf does that mean?

You saw how he landed on that wrist, nothing he could do.

As for the shoulder, anynody that gets nailed by someone twice your size will be hurt.

Chad is one of the toughest guys on the team, to deny that would be crazy.

Super smart? That is a stretch to say the least.

Playoff last Sunday.

300 yards for what?

Gainzo, in the short time I have been a member of this group I have had a lot of respect for a lot of things the things you have said. You are a very knowledgable fan and unlike most Patsy fans, you have tons of respect. Now you go and say that to call Penny super smart is a stretch to say the least!?!?!?!?!

You can say what you want about his arm strength and I will agree with you, but he is one of if not the smartest QB's in the league. The dude knows football and he was a Rhodes Scholar finalist...I would say his knowledge of the game would only be overshadowed by Peyton Manning if anybody at all. This must just be the Pats fan coming out of you. ;)

Penningtons smarts are the reason he is the starting QB for the New York Jets.

wtf does that mean?

You saw how he landed on that wrist, nothing he could do.

As for the shoulder, anynody that gets nailed by someone twice your size will be hurt.

Chad is one of the toughest guys on the team, to deny that would be crazy.

Every quarterback in the NFL, maybe with the exception of Culpepper, gets hit by someone twice their size continually on Sundays and they dont all end up hurt or out for the year.

Every quarterback in the NFL, maybe with the exception of Culpepper, gets hit by someone twice their size continually on Sundays and they dont all end up hurt or out for the year.

Like Chad did all this year

Where is Mcnabb by the way? IR right? Last year too right? Is he injury prone?

He does have the talent and shown what he can do when healthy.

So has Chad

2002 - 68.9 Comp % / 3120 Yards / 22 TD's / 6 INT's / 104.2 QB Rating

And Cmart had bunch games under 50 yards rushing that year so a lot of it was on CHAD shoulders....

Yeah we were comparing Chad and Mcnabb, they said when healhty Mcnabb proved himself... this is the only time I remember Chad being completely healthy.

If you think Chad is going to lead the Jets to the promised land you are a better man than me.

98% (where is madmike?) of Jets fans disagree with you. Keep fighting the good fight mate.

If you think Chad is going to lead the Jets to the promised land you are a better man than me.

98% (where is madmike?) of Jets fans disagree with you. Keep fighting the good fight mate.

Thats not true, at least half of fans seem to be wearing the #10 at games. He IS the face of the team, and most DO like him and want him to be our guy. Fans were going nuts at the end of the raiders game when he stayed around and pointed up to us. They werent yelling START CLEMENS

Thats not true, at least half of fans seem to be wearing the #10 at games. He IS the face of the team, and most DO like him and want him to be our guy. Fans were going nuts at the end of the raiders game when he stayed around and pointed up to us. They werent yelling START CLEMENS

What does wearing a #10 jersey and liking the guy have anything to do with his ability to be an effective NFL QB?

What does wearing a #10 jersey and liking the guy have anything to do with his ability to be an effective NFL QB?

Usually wearing someones Jersey means you support them, or you couldnt afford a new one.

How many people are sporting a #23 Jets jersey this year?

He had a handful of stupid interceptions this year, and he also had a handful of them dropped. There were at LEAST ten occassions that Chad had gimme picks dropped this season and he is very lucky to only end up with 16.

I'm tired of the whole "He needs a whole camp" thing. What has happened every single time, sans 2002, that he has been healthy during the offseason? He gets hurt. Playing his first full season at age 30 does absolutely nothing to dispell that he is injury prone.

That really is the big thing here. He is 30. Will be 31 next season. He is not getting better. He has peaked physically and that arm ain't gonna get stronger. He is what he is. An average NFL starting QB. And that is not good enough. Not for us. If you want to win 9-10 games and get bounced before the AFC Championship game, go for it. But, if you want to win a Super Bowl, you have got to do better than that.

Ding ding ding,we have a winner! Tell him what he's won! (POTW NOM at least)

31 is young in regular years,but in football years,its middle aged. A 31 year old QB is not gonna improve his arm strength,especially after all the shoulder injuries,significantly enough to go from being able to make 70-80% of the necessary throws to 90-100% of them.

Ecurb,I like Chad. I really do. I wish I was wrong,I hope like hell he wins a superbowl and rubs it in all of the naysayers faces. I would proudly announce how wrong I was about him if he ever did win the big one. But if you honestly believe he can improve his arm strength enough to become more than an average NFL QB,you're just (and I'm sorry to use one of TX's lines here) delusional.

Chad could lead us to the promised land if we had a dominant defense and an excellent running game. Right now we have neither and probably won't for some time.

Jets need to get a franchise quarterback. We had our chance last year in the draft and blew it. Considering how hyped up Ferguson was he sure did give up a good number of sacks and was below average as a run-blocker. There were 3-4 other tackles in the draft that were just as good if not better. You can't tell me that Andrew Whitworth or Marcus McNeill couldn't have done the same thing Ferguson did this year.

Chad could lead us to the promised land if we had a dominant defense and an excellent running game. Right now we have neither and probably won't for some time.

Jets need to get a franchise quarterback. We had our chance last year in the draft and blew it. Considering how hyped up Ferguson was he sure did give up a good number of sacks and was below average as a run-blocker. There were 3-4 other tackles in the draft that were just as good if not better. You can't tell me that Andrew Whitworth or Marcus McNeill couldn't have done the same thing Ferguson did this year.

Your Marcus McNeil argument would have merit if Mangini and Tannenbaum were fortune tellers.

However, no one in the right mind thought McNeil would even be there at 29. Most mocks had him going to Dallas or San Diego, ten picks before our second first rounder. Hindsight is always 20/20. If we'd known that pre-draft, I have no doubt Jay Cutler would be a Jet. And so would either Justice or McNeil.

And, being as he is a former Bayou Bengal, it hurts me to say it, but Whitworth was awful. Did you not see Dwight Freeney get more sacks against him than he did the other 15 games COMBINED?

Your Marcus McNeil argument would have merit if Mangini and Tannenbaum were fortune tellers.

However, no one in the right mind thought McNeil would even be there at 29. Most mocks had him going to Dallas or San Diego, ten picks before our second first rounder. Hindsight is always 20/20. If we'd known that pre-draft, I have no doubt Jay Cutler would be a Jet. And so would either Justice or McNeil.

And, being as he is a former Bayou Bengal, it hurts me to say it, but Whitworth was awful. Did you not see Dwight Freeney get more sacks against him than he did the other 15 games COMBINED?

Yeah and D'Brickashaw Ferguson looked even worse against Aaron Schobel, Jason Taylor and Richard Seymour. Only reason the D'Brick wall didn't give up more sacks to Jason Taylor was because Kevan Barlow and Leon Washington had to help him the entire game. The guy can't even run-block.

The reason why the Jets screwed up and passed on Leinart/Cutler at 4 was because they, like you and a lot of other people, thought Ferguson was head and shoulders better than Marcus McNeill and every other linemen in the draft. End of story. You can come up with all your silly arguments about internet web site mock drafts but at the end of the day we'd be a whole lot better off if we had drafted a QB at 4 and waited until later to get offensive line help.

Yeah and D'Brickashaw Ferguson looked even worse against Aaron Schobel, Jason Taylor and Richard Seymour. Only reason the D'Brick wall didn't give up more sacks to Jason Taylor was because Kevan Barlow or Leon Washington had to help him the entire game.

The reason why the Jets screwed up and passed on Leinart/Cutler at 4 was because they, like you and a lot of other people, thought Ferguson was head and shoulders better than Marcus McNeill. End of story. You can come up with all your silly arguments about internet web site mock drafts but at the end of the day we'd be a whole lot better off if we had drafted a QB at 4 and waited until later to get offensive line help.

Okay Mr. Genius, why didn't you have us taking Marcus McNeil at 29 then? Could it be because he was not supposed to be there? If you say otherwise, you are lying and you, and everyone else, knows it.

And, get off your Leinart kick. He blows. He is lefty Chad, just like I said he would be. And Cutler is the crown jewel, which, once again, I said he would be.