Maurice Clarrett

We all know that if Maxman, greengal or ericbarton went to Denver as a RB, they would end up as All Pros with 1,800 yards.

With that said, how do you folks think Clarrett will fare in the Mile High City?

The bench mark for a Stanahan stiff is 1,300 yards (Orlandis Gary). 1,500 is a job well done. 2,000 is a great back in that system.

That being said I think Maurice will get 1,100 in his first season. But expect bigger things from him down the road.

I just can't imagine his body will hold up after that much time off.

I honestly think he wll get some sort of injury and not play much this first season. You have to remember he has not played contact football for over two years-I do not expect even in Denver that he will automatically regain his skills.

there are a bunch of backs there. i think that one of the small backs and one of the bigger backs will split carries. i don't think clarrett will have a big year this year but i do think he will have a good career. as you said anyone can succeed in that system so he should do ok.

These are my feelings as well. I look for him to have a "solid" rookie year with not alot of carries.

The reason so many RB's succeed in Denver is because of the zone blocking schemes that Shanahan employs. I'm surprised more teams don't "copy-cat" that.

I don't like Clarrett and I don't want him to be successful.

However, Denver is the only place he couldve went and actually produced. I don't think he'll do too much this year, but a couple years from now and he'll be the next great Denver system back.

Ron Dayne will rush for more yards than Clarett this season.

You heard it here first

Actually Ron Dayne's brother said that to me the other day. Then he ended the conversation with, would you like an apple pie with that?

I thought that was nice.

Actually Ron Dayne's brother said that to me the other day. Then he ended the conversation with, would you like an apple pie with that?

I thought that was nice.

The McDonald's Apple Pie sales pitch is..."Do you want two for a dollar?"

Being a Michigan fan, I saw my share of Clarett and I think he will have big success with Denver. How soon, I just don't know, because Tatum Bell seems to be the one Shanahan is wiling to give the start to.

Clarett is a good fit for their system. A north/south runner with great legs and vision. Their zone blocking schemes are a great match for him.

Clarett is an investment, one that can pay off HUGE dividends, or he could be a tragic story.