Colts vs. Ravens game thread

Preston Howley III

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's called a defensive struggle.

The big difference is that the game the Jets played last week was NOT a defensive struggle.

Yep the Colts are the first team I think of when someone says defense.;)

The grass aways looks greener on the other side Troll. If our QB played the game either of these QB's did today , win or lose,you'd be tearing him a new a$$.

The grass aways looks greener on the other side Troll. If our QB played the game either of these QB's did today , win or lose,you'd be tearing him a new a$$.

The pass that PM made on 3rd and 5 , Chad cannot make that throw

Any QB going against Balt will struggle!!

Mcnair was awful and he should be hearing it from the press.

As opposed to your "The grass is never greener" mantra, Mr. Herm Supporter.

I would never tear the QB a new ******* in a playoff win. What's done is done. Move on to the next week. You would know that about me if Chad had led us to more than one playoff win the past four years.

The pass that PM made on 3rd and 5 , Chad cannot make that throw

Any QB going against Balt will struggle!!

Mcnair was awful and he should be hearing it from the press.

I'm not comparing Chad to either PM or McNair. (that'd be stupid) Just making a point that the things some wanted to kill him on last week happen to all QB's in play-off games.

As opposed to your "The grass is never greener" mantra, Mr. Herm Supporter.

I would never tear the QB a new ******* in a playoff win. What's done is done. Move on to the next week. You would know that about me if Chad had led us to more than one playoff win the past four years.

LOL...I'm not a Herm supporter.....come on Troll.:)

Can someone tell me who these guys are impersonating the Indy Defense ?

They look nothing like unit that was getting torced week after week during the season.

They kept everything in front of them and they came at them hard and in waves. No broken tackles, and when one got there, there was 2 and then 3 and 4 guys.

Most impressive part though was the Colts last drive. They got physical on the OL and ran the football and chewed up the clock against the the best D in the NFL.

Very impressive performance by the Colts today.

I'm not comparing Chad to either PM or McNair. (that'd be stupid) Just making a point that the things some wanted to kill him on last week happen to all QB's in play-off games.

Jets lost last week due to mental errors, it was not chad

Jets do not match up well vs Ravs, it would have been real ugly.

You'd have to show me that sport and also clue me in on how it pertains to what we were discussing anyway.

How does Vince Young ever pertain to what we are discussing? It doesn't, however, you are not above using that as a trump card whenever you are discussing something with me.

One way it's relevant is that were very late into the game in giving up on Herm. Why should it be any different with Chad? Even if, in both cases, you are horribly wrong.;)

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/search.php?searchid=14649

How does Vince Young ever pertain to what we are discussing? It doesn't, however, you are not above using that as a trump card whenever you are discussing something with me.

One way it's relevant is that were very late into the game in giving up on Herm. Why should it be any different with Chad? Even if, in both cases, you are horribly wrong.;)

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/search.php?searchid=14649

I am missing where I am a Herm supporter but that's ok.

As for Vince, I threw that at you once only for the manner in which you announced it as being a rare instance of you being wrong on a player.

Naturally 2 weeks later you proclaimed he sucked again.;)

As for Chad, when we have a better option I am all for it. Until then I will take the play-off births and hope for the best once we're in rather than complain without having the solution.

I am missing where I am a Herm supporter but that's ok.

As for Vince, I threw that at you once only for the manner in which you announced it as being a rare instance of you being wrong on a player.

Naturally 2 weeks later you proclaimed he sucked again.;)

As for Chad, when we have a better option I am all for it. Until then I will take the play-off births and hope for the best once we're in rather than complain without having the solution.

What is everyone elses record against NE in the last four years? You can kill Herm but using games against the Pats as ammo is stupid when nobody else has had much success.

Sounds like your current argument for Chad. The old "Look at what everyone else in the league is doing" routine.

Point is, Herm's first four years dwarf BB's.

BB was run out of Cleveland and required a refresher course from Parcells in HC 101 before beginning horrifically in NE only to have Brady resurrect his Head Coaching career.

A post insinuating that Herm might not only actually learn from mistakes, but also could reach a Belichickian level.

In Herms tenure only 2 other HC's have brought home a SB with one of them having ran out of town here instead of coaching us. We make it sound like Herm is the only coach on the block without a SB the last 4 years.

Sounds familiar.

That being said, I support Herm but this season is it.

I don't know why I got the impression you supported Herm. I guess sentences containing the phrase "I support Herm" threw me off.

Can someone tell me who these guys are impersonating the Indy Defense ?

They look nothing like unit that was getting torced week after week during the season.

They kept everything in front of them and they came at them hard and in waves. No broken tackles, and when one got there, there was 2 and then 3 and 4 guys.

Most impressive part though was the Colts last drive. They got physical on the OL and ran the football and chewed up the clock against the the best D in the NFL.

Very impressive performance by the Colts today.

It's called playoff football, usually the same way defenses shut down the run in the playoffs. I'm really intrigued with what LT can do tomorrow, can he cement himself as the GOAT? If he carries the Chargers to a SB win, you'd have to put him up there. If he fails, he's still a great player, but his season loses some of its lustre.

Archived