LSU RB's Vincent and Broussard

Preston Howley III

Broussard has a ton of talent, but can't stay on the field. Worth a second day flier, could be another Frank Gore situation. Probably not, but who knows?

Vincent has been MIA since the National Championship game. Three years ago. Would surprise me if he even gets drafted.

Broussard has a ton of talent, but can't stay on the field. Worth a second day flier, could be another Frank Gore situation. Probably not, but who knows?

Vincent has been MIA since the National Championship game. Three years ago. Would surprise me if he even gets drafted.

Thanks. Addai was the primary back last year, right? Who had the bulk of LSU's carries this year? Didn't they beat the crap out of Notre Dame?

Thanks. Addai was the primary back last year, right? Who had the bulk of LSU's carries this year? Didn't they beat the crap out of Notre Dame?

The primary back this year was Keiland Williams, a true freshman. Addai and Vincent split carries in 2005 and Broussard would have likely been the primary back if he hadn't got hurt. And, yes, the Irish felt the wrath.

Broussard missed the entire 2005 season due to an ACL injury and redshirted, so he's just a junior and there is no chance of him declaring early.

Word is, Broussard's knee injury was very rough and he got extremely depressed during rehab. L.S.U. coaches felt that depression (and fear of another injury) ruined his 2006 season.

No way to know how Broussard will bounce back, until he gets his confidence back. That may or may not happen.

Vincent has a chance to be drafted as a career backup type RB/ special teams player....Think Patrick Pass of the Patriots?

N.F.L. teams love his attitude -- very much a overachiever/Tangini type hard worker...I would recommend him to a team like the Giants that lack character :box:

Broussard is only a junior?

He has been there like ten years. How many times can you medically redshirt?

i can't remember his name but there was a LB from syracuse in the late 80's that i swear had 6-7 years of eligibility. he kept blowing out his knee and the ncaa granted him 2 extra years.

Fo Block, I think it was the mid 1990's. His name was (I think) Dan Conley and he played 6 seasons for the Orange, due to multiple knee operations.

His final college game was the Hula Bowl. Some had projected him as high as a 3rd round pick (pending his knee holding up).

During the Hula Bowl he tore his ACL again and ESPN showed a shot of him and some of his family members crying on the sideline in Honululu as they knew that the Hula Bowl knee injury effectively ended his football career.

I think that was the same the Hula Bowl where a total no-name, Hugh Douglass, went from an "older" (25?) longshot small schooler to an N.F.L. 1st rounder (the Jets)

Broussard missed the entire 2005 season due to an ACL injury and redshirted, so he's just a junior and there is no chance of him declaring early.

Word is, Broussard's knee injury was very rough and he got extremely depressed during rehab. L.S.U. coaches felt that depression (and fear of another injury) ruined his 2006 season.

No way to know how Broussard will bounce back, until he gets his confidence back. That may or may not happen.

Vincent has a chance to be drafted as a career backup type RB/ special teams player....Think Patrick Pass of the Patriots?

N.F.L. teams love his attitude -- very much a overachiever/Tangini type hard worker...I would recommend him to a team like the Giants that lack character :box:

Thanks, Riggo.

Archived