SD RB Michael Turner Thread { Merged 8X }

Clemens&theJets

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy crap. I agree with ecurb 100%.

:ahhh:

My whole thing is based on IF Mangini wants a RB early... if he doesnt than screw Turner and all the other guys in early rounds.... I trust Mangini right now...

My personal opinion is that we cant let this guy go... we need a star RB and I really think he can be the guy...

Him and Leon would drive a defense CRAZY

wow, great question moses. i would say jordan before he left. but, he has shown nothing in oakland, so i go with turner. that kind of makes me a hipocrite with all the bashing I just gave turner. :confused:

not really coach you're just a little aprehensive as we all are and not sure which way the CS is looking to go-do we go RB 1st round or do we take defense-we KNOW we need defense...we have plenty of time to bat this all around-no need to get locked into one thought process right now

Hey ecurb almost sold me on the idea OF trading away our 1st for Turner...now I'm wondering if it's the best move again

they will probably tender him 2m don't you think? everyone has a lot of cap room now.

Depends what they'd rather have. If they are convinced they can get a 1st-rounder for him then I think they give him the max tender. They can always settle for less & even a 1st & a 7th is better than just a 1st.

lol, spermy don't encourage ecurb like that. I see your point of view, I just don't agree with it. Turner has never carried the load and to use a first round pick on him is a huge risk. Especially the luck that we have had trading our picks on players in the past.

None of the guys in the draft have ever carried a full load in the NFL either. Turner carried the load in college, just like the guys in the draft. There isn't a back in the league that is going to start over Tomlinson. Turner has never got the chance to be a feature back, but he has earned with with his sterling play.

They got Leon Washington in round 4. The Chargers found Turner in round 5. The Jets are not drafting a RB with the #1 pick, nor are they trading it for a RB.

Not gonna happen.

what do you think we go for in the 1st round JM?I say if there is a killer DE sitting there at 25 we go there

we need our version of Richard Seymour-whoever that turns out to be-follow the NE model-who followed Tampa Bay's model.I like the idea of an all 1st round DL

I like that idea too. I think we need to come out of this draft with a solid starter at DL, LB and OL.

Archived