SD RB Michael Turner Thread { Merged 8X }

Clemens&theJets

Turner is 5'11" 200 lbs. He's got an inch and ten lbs on Leon Washington.

If you want a bruiser, take Mike Bush in rd 2.

NFL.com - Michael Turner 33 Position: RB Height: 5-10 Weight: 237 Born: 02/13/1982 College: Northern Illinois NFL Experience: 3. San Diego Chargers ...

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they do, it's not going to be on a whim. It'll be b/c BS has seen enough of him to know if he's worth a first round pick. If we don't, then BS doesn't think he is & we'll go in another direction.

I don't think BS or EM are going to frivolously throw around first-round picks like they're not worth anything.

If they do, it's not going to be on a whim. It'll be b/c BS has seen enough of him to know if he's worth a first round pick. If we don't, then BS doesn't think he is & we'll go in another direction.

I don't think BS or EM are going to frivolously throw around first-round picks like they're not worth anything.

Exactly Sperm and BSchott does know Michael Turner well enough and I believe that when the time comes it will be shown by us dealing our 1st round pick for Turner. The smart thing to do.

I do not think that he's worth more than a 2nd rounder. The max we should give up is Washington's pick. I could tolerate the move but I don't think its a great idea.

I like him more than Bush and think he's the 3rd best back that'll be available behind AP and Lynch, but I'd rather the Jets not go after him. SD values him a lot and will probably accept no less than a 1st. He hasn't really proven much other than he can run well behind an all time great RB and a great offensive line. If we don't get Peterson or Lynch in the draft, or Turner for a 2nd we should hold off on a RB till next year. I think we could get by with what we got for one more year if we had to.

We shouldn't be completely desparate for a RB. Its a big need but not our biggest.

I like that idea too. I think we need to come out of this draft with a solid starter at DL, LB and OL.

Priorities should be

OL - Either FA Guard and High Draft Tackle or FA Tackle High Draft Guard

too many time opposing defenses penetrated Jets back field for loss of yards or no gain (Leon saved them quite a few times). Typically this was on Moore and Clement side. Although would like to keep both for transition or backup including Adrian Jones (since he so cheap)

Kimo - Although I think they should keep him as a backup or rotation, Jets need to improve position. They could move Drob over and Find a stud NT Or Just find a stud DT/DE. Best place to find DT/DE is prob 1st or 2nd pick in draft.

CB - Although I think Jets should give Miller every opportunity as he is still one of the youngest on team. I would not be opposed to them bringing in top FA CB to play opposite Dyson and make Miller the Nickel

LB - I think Jets should give Vilma 1 more year to see how he settles in the middle. Helping him on DL should help as well. I thought Barton did well too but I think that there needs to be more competition for the starters esp Barton. I think they need to sign Hobson asap as well.

RB - I like Houston but he plays like J.Abe and gets hurt a lot and I think Barlow needs to be given another shot and Leon is set but is too small for short yardg. I would not spend too much to upgrade however as improving the OL will improve all 3 backs but wouldnt mind another RB or HB drafted 4-7th.

Ideally, The jets would go after as much as they can in FA without breaking the bank for next year or future years this would allow a more BPA approach to draft. I would much rather see them sign "value" rather then big name stars as well.

OK I am sold on this guy, nobody in the 1st round (in our reach anyways) even comes close to Turners already proven potential. Shotty knows him, he had a great year this year even being behind LT... What RB could we draft better in the late 1st round... NONE.

5'10" 237lbs

2006 - in 13 games behind LT

80 Attempts / 502 Yards / 6.3 YPC / 73 Long / 2TD's / 7 Runs of 20+ / 24 1st downs

Bring Michael Turner to the New York Jets!

mturner.gif

I dont know that he would want #23, maybe he will pry his #33 away from E.Smith... either way... hopefully we can get used to seing that jersey in Green and White...

Bro are you guys willing to give up a first if the chargers tag him?

lol

I have little *'s all over my statement though, mainly I said I am willing ONLY if our FO decides to draft a RB in round one....

I want a DT/NT with the first rounder..we should go for a RB with one of the 2 second rounders..

I do not think that he's worth more than a 2nd rounder. The max we should give up is Washington's pick. I could tolerate the move but I don't think its a great idea.

I like him more than Bush and think he's the 3rd best back that'll be available behind AP and Lynch, but I'd rather the Jets not go after him. SD values him a lot and will probably accept no less than a 1st. He hasn't really proven much other than he can run well behind an all time great RB and a great offensive line. If we don't get Peterson or Lynch in the draft, or Turner for a 2nd we should hold off on a RB till next year. I think we could get by with what we got for one more year if we had to.

We shouldn't be completely desparate for a RB. Its a big need but not our biggest.

I think he is worth a first for you Jet Fans. The reason why is that Turner will produce a lot faster for your team then most 1st round draft picks. He can play special teams as well.

I think he is worth a first for you Jet Fans. The reason why is that Turner will produce a lot faster for your team then most 1st round draft picks. He can play special teams as well.

I agree.He is big enough to be a bruiser,but has the speed to take it the distance on any carry.Definitely worth our 1st this year.It WILL take a 1st rounder at least to pry him away from SD.

Get it through your heads-

Jets are going D-line, D-line, D-line. And not necessarily in that order.

:lol:

They aint trading a #1 draft pick to San Diego for no Michael Turner.

Day two of the draft is loaded with RB's. We got Leon Washington that way, and we're gonna get another one that way.

Totally agree about Turner. It amazes me how many people want to trade a first round pick for a back up RB. First rounders don't grow on trees and it's not like we're talking about a young Curtis Martin here. Dilllon in his prime only garnered a 2nd rounder and we had to fight to get a first rounder for pro bowler Abe. The Raiders wouldn't give us a second rounder for Jordan when he was a RFA and waited a year until he was an UFA. If the Jets really want Turner offer at the most a 3rd and throw in Barlow and/or Blaylock if they want them. At any rate, this may be a moot point if BS takes the Fish HC job.

As far as the draft, I see us taking a NT or CB in the first 3 rounds depending on what we do in FA.

Totally agree about Turner. It amazes me how many people want to trade a first round pick for a back up RB. First rounders don't grow on trees and it's not like we're talking about a young Curtis Martin here. Dilllon in his prime only garnered a 2nd rounder and we had to fight to get a first rounder for pro bowler Abe. The Raiders wouldn't give us a second rounder for Jordan when he was a RFA and waited a year until he was an UFA. If the Jets really want Turner offer at the most a 3rd and throw in Barlow and/or Blaylock if they want them. At any rate, this may be a moot point if BS takes the Fish HC job.

As far as the draft, I see us taking a NT or CB in the first 3 rounds depending on what we do in FA.

Ok, I'm not saying give up a #1 or not, b ut I have to argue this post anyway because it has inaccuracies in it

1) Dillon had just a LITTLE BIT of baggage... Just a little bit

2) Abraham had a durability problem

3) LaMont Jordan was NEVER a RFA.

Ok, I'm not saying give up a #1 or not, b ut I have to argue this post anyway because it has inaccuracies in it

1) Dillon had just a LITTLE BIT of baggage... Just a little bit

2) Abraham had a durability problem

3) LaMont Jordan was NEVER a RFA.

1 - A "little" baggage is not enough to thwart most teams from getting a player with Dillons skills (at the time).

2 - Abe had just finished an injury free season and is a game changing pro bowl DE, a player that is very hard to come by and thus carry a higher price tag (BTW - I'm not an Abe supporter, just stating the facts).

3 - I thought LJ was a RFA but regardless it's just semantics. The Raiders wanted Jordan and the two teams talked trade scenarios, but the Raiders would not give a 2nd rounder. Instead they waited a year until LJ was an UFA. The Jets also would approach SD with a trade offer or wait a year until he's an UFA. Same scenarios basically.

The league is so saturated with running backs that I just dont believe in spending a first rounder on a RB unless its a truly special RB type like an L.T. or Marshall Faulk. Other than that you can always find a good running back in the later rounds. Giving up a first rounder for Turner wouldnt make much sense, a second rounder would be too much, also.

THere is no reason why we cant improve our running game next year by just upgrading the right side of the OLINE and having Leon Washington come back with a little more bulk and strength.

The COlts let Marshall Faulk go and got Edge. A probably HOF Rb.

The Colts let Edge go. A guy who only had about 1500 rushing yards a year and 60+ receptions, plus he could block well.

They drafted Joseph Adai in the first round. WHile he might not become Faulk or Edge, who knows..

Why would the Jets send a first or second round draft pick for a guy who has been a career back up RB.

Yeah Priest Holmes was a backup RB in Baltimore, but he rushed for over 1000 yards one season as a Raven, Jamal Anderson had a couple incredible years, and Priest went to KC.

So far Turner will be going into his 4th NFL season.... Yeah he's fresh, but he probably gets banged up in practice... There are some NFL running backs who don't even last past 5 seasons.

A 4th round pick might be worth all I'd trade for him, nothing higher than that.

But this team needs defense.. Plain and simple. You lose 37-16 it really doesn't matter who your QB or offense is.. Your defense can't stop anyone.

Michael Turner is a backup running back because he sucks, not because the starter happens to be LaDainian Tomlinson. Bull****.

Turner could start for 2/3rds of the teams in the NFL, and IMO, whenever he gets his shot to carry the load he is going to be a complete beast. A top ten running back with potential to be even better. THAT is worth a late first round pick. And we have another pick 12 picks later. It isn't as if we'd use the 1st rounder on Turner then watch 30 players come off the board before we can address our defense.

Someone said that first round picks do not grow on trees. That is true. But, stud running backs in the fourth round are even rarer than that. We NEED a franchise running back and we can't hope to strike it rich and get lucky with a second day pick. Baby Schott knows Michael Turner. If Schott thinks Turner can be the GUY, then he will be a Jet. And I really don't see how people can complain about that.

Day two of the draft is loaded with RB's. We got Leon Washington that way, and we're gonna get another one that way.

Ever see this guy run, jetmo?

He is a beast. And there's no chance the jets go dline 3x to start out the draft. I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt go Dline at all in the 1st 2 rds, but address Dline in free agency.

Based on just principles IMO, a 1st rd pick for a back who was a 5th rd pick and has never started a game in the NFL, is too much to give up.

Based on the talent of Michael Turner, the 25th pick for him could be a steal. Lynch and Peterson arent lasting that long, and we do not want to go in the draft w/o a #1 back on our team.

I could see the giants getting into Turner, not many other teams really need a back (packers too).

I'd like to trade him for our redskins 2nd rder, and beef up the Oline in the 1st rd with Justin Blaylock.

Here's the deal people. SD can't afford to franchise a backup RB when the starter is LT. They are intending on doing so in tghe hopes that they will have a bargaining chip for a trade. Once they do, there is no way we shoukld offer them a 1st. If they franchise him, offer a 2nd round pick. If they balk at it then let them sit with a backup RB making top 5 starter money. A 2nd rounder should get it done if this FO feels that Turner is the answer.

Here's the deal people. SD can't afford to franchise a backup RB when the starter is LT. They are intending on doing so in tghe hopes that they will have a bargaining chip for a trade. Once they do, there is no way we shoukld offer them a 1st. If they franchise him, offer a 2nd round pick. If they balk at it then let them sit with a backup RB making top 5 starter money. A 2nd rounder should get it done if this FO feels that Turner is the answer.

Yo Booz, a franchise tag is not applicable to Turner. He is a RFA. Franchise tags only apply to UFA's. I'll meet you in the VIP forum & explain it to you.

Boozer, he is a restricted free agent.

If he's so hot won't some other teams have these great plans? Just like trading Vilma it sounds nice in theory, but in practice you can't always get what you think he's worth or give what you think is a good deal. Not all the other teams have monkeys for GM. Certainly not the 'bolts.

As for drafting NT, then RB, etc. don't you even care who the available players are? The only position where we are starting a guy who must be replaced is DE. The only DT that really interests me is Branch. The rest aren't any more exciting than hoping Pouha pans out. I was kind of hoping Tui would be back. He seemed interesting. I didn't find out until Bit told us earlier this week that he had taken an injury settlement.

You are absolutely correct SIR. Giving up a #1 in insane. Most of the great running backs in the NFL were drafted in the later rounds.

Archived